Coats of Arms

13»

Comments

• Are there actually arms getting approved lately? And lately i mean in the last 6 months because I know a guy who has been waiting and chasing and waiting and chasing. For maybe 6-9 months. Its kinda ridiculous.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    edited February 2017
    I'm confused by this question. It's not like the crafting approval process - there is no Divine that goes through each submission and accepts or rejects them.

Every Herald can produce the design for a customer at any time, and BAM! it exists instantaneously, for better or for worse.

There've been 8 new arms created in the last 30 days.

EDIT: Unless the guy you know is waiting for his request for a brand new charge (i.e., the object or animal that appears on the arms) to be approved? Is that the issue?

Three new charges were approved around December.
  • @Tahquil - Like @Krypton said, arms creation is instantaneous, as long as the system considers them to be logical. It's actually a codeline we send that programs them into the game, for a big fee.

However, new original charges need to be reviewed, and they're actually pretty costly. I think it's 1-2 millions or something. Not only that, but they're actually put on a waiting list, and will not be reviewed unless that list reaches about 10 charges, as a way to cut down the admin work for heraldry stuff. So it's quite possible that guy you speak of has requested a new charge, but people being fine with the current ones, have not built a sufficiently big batch to warrant admin attention. Maybe?

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Siduri said:
    However, new original charges need to be reviewed, and they're actually pretty costly. I think it's 1-2 millions or something. Not only that, but they're actually put on a waiting list, and will not be reviewed unless that list reaches about 10 charges, as a way to cut down the admin work for heraldry stuff. So it's quite possible that guy you speak of has requested a new charge, but people being fine with the current ones, have not built a sufficiently big batch to warrant admin attention. Maybe?
    Getting a new charge approved through an Herald is free. But you gotta wait for there to be enough new requests for the aforementioned batch review to happen.

There is a "fast-track" method if you want your new charge—and you want it now..(ish)—and that costs 750,000gp.
  • As far as I'm aware, there are no outstanding heraldry charge requests at this time. They were last updated just prior to Christmas.
  • Krypton said:
    Siduri said:
    Getting a new charge approved through an Herald is free. But you gotta wait for there to be enough new requests for the aforementioned batch review to happen.

There is a "fast-track" method if you want your new charge—and you want it now..(ish)—and that costs 750,000gp.
    Thanks! My bad then!