Calling all Battlestations! Share how you play achaea!

edited January 2017 in The Universal Membrane
We have threads for player selfies, pets and for a time screen shots. How about your computer and desk set up?
Do you have a laptop? A tablet? A phone? Or just an old-fashioned desktop?

Or as @Jonathin put it he had a bunch of wires connected every which way once in order to play 

Here is my set up. (Sometimes the Acer is running Netflix or what have you on the PS3 if I am not dual screening As pictured here) What isn't shown is the pull-out keyboard tray that houses my red wireless Microsoft mouse and wireless backlight Logitech keyboard. Now let's see those battle stations! 

Comments

• Xaden said:
    Would post mine but I'm not bothered clearing away the lotion and tissues.
    I didn't put away my AISC manual. I think you're good.

• I so need a second monitor..

• Borran said:
    I so need a second monitor..
    I comes in handy. I can do more than one thing...even play ps3! I do need to use something other than an outdated ihome as a speaker though. I don't even have an iPhone anymore.

• I wonder if I can hook up my TV...

• Borran said:
    I wonder if I can hook up my TV...
    You can, my second monitor is a little Vizio flat screen, it's nice to use a TV for the second monitor because I can hook up the PS4 to it, or just plug in the cable TV.
  • Decided against it.  I'll just setup my wife's laptop next to it so I can work on two surfaces. 

Money is tight, but negotiation skills strong. 

• edited January 2017
    Prenegotiations 

• The My Little Pony mascot is awesome. Must find a She-Ra doll for after the move when I get all set up. I won't post right now. Tiny spaces = disastrous gaming areas. :(
  • Nataliia said:
    The My Little Pony mascot is awesome. Must find a She-Ra doll for after the move when I get all set up. I won't post right now. Tiny spaces = disastrous gaming areas. :(
    Thanks! I mostly collect Rainbow Dash and Applejack as those two are my favorites. The one on my desk was  gift. (Man part of me wants to make a geeky stuff show off thread now)

• edited January 2017
    Austere said:
    The amount of icons on your desktop bothers me on a deep level, @Borran

Edit: what can anyone possibly need 46 icons for..
    Don't forget the 19 taskbar icons. None of which appear to be 'currently open' programs.
  • The worst part of this.. is I cleaned up my desktop a couple weeks ago. This is the clean version.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Siena said:

Or as @Jonathin put it he had a bunch of wires connected every which way once in order to play
      That was a looong time ago when I had to wire a couple PSUs together to have enough power to run my machine. I'm a bit more sophisticated now and most everything (except display and power) is wireless. Senoske gave me the idea to run those down through the legs of my desk, which I'm working on so that the 2 currently exposed wires are hidden.

I would take a picture, but as I found out, 2 years of sitting in the garage killed my 3 other (unused because my laptop only ever had 1 hdmi output) monitors and the single display setup is pitiful. I've also got a bunch of coffee cups, french horn bits, and my laptop boneyard lying about that I couldn't be arsed to clean up a the moment.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.

• This feels like it's gonna be a giant pic.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited February 2017
    Another monitor came and now I don't feel AS terribly limited except by the fact that they're mismatched now. The one on the right is LED and the other is LCD. It's almost difficult to use the older one because of how comparitively dark it is.

Now I need to render all of my drilling through the metal leg of the desk moot and get a bigger one. D:

Also sorry, I'm not sure why my phone is taking shittier pictures than normal.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • I don't have a pic right now but usually tun 3 monitors.   (2) 27" HPs running HDMI and then a rinky dink Insignia or Vizio running VGA, HDMI, and coax.   The Vizio is hooked up to cable, my home security cameras, the PS4, and the web. I usually use it to stream Netflix while I play.

But alas a power outage dicked one monitor and I think it fried the VGA cable so..  still need to see if I can hook it all back up or just go buy 2 more monitors.

• edited February 2017

Here I am, back in my heyday

Edit - I work from home, so can't post pictures due to the information on display around it.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:

Edit - I work from home, so can't post pictures due to the information on display around it.
    BS, you were never that rad.
  • Sobriquet said:

Ducktales was such a rad game.