Messed up a family clan

While trying to make a family clan today, I messed up big time.

I did this: get 500000 gold from pack::clan set family Kalns Talien

And got this:

You get 500000 gold sovereigns from a canvas backpack.
                4661h 3548m 100%e 99%w XX|EE B D C K M  (-30m, 0.8%)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Clan of Boosteya's Clan is now the family clan for Kalns.
                4661h 3548m 100%e 99%w XX|EE B D C K M

I thought that would change the clan name. The alias is still the same. The Title is unset (though I think that means a suffix is needed), and I can't change the name of clan from its original. I am even afraid to set suffix and progenitors now. Yes, I read everything over and over and still made this mistake. Is there any hope to salvage this or should I just work to make a new clan and do it right next round? Also, how will it affect the existing clan (because it is a family now), and vice versa, if making new clan is the only option?

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited January 2017
    Check HELP CLANLEADER and if you still can't fix the problem, raise an issue.

CLAN SET ALIAS alias
       - Allows you to change the alias of the clan at will.

CLAN SET NAME name
       - Allows you to change the name of the clan at will.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Okay, I will try that.
  • I did try the Clan Set Name command, but it will not work, telling me that the clan is now a family clan. The alias is fine and the clan is private because I knew something could go wrong, but not this horribly wrong. I am new to using clans. I am going to try raising issue and hope for the best.
  • Issue yourself with the things you want to change, details, etc. They fixed mine.

• edited January 2017
    Note: The following is not related to Calaurn's post, but rather the title.

the same thing happend rl years ago when the leader of the Lichlord clan went dormant so a bunch of people got together and made their own family clan named the same thing, and to this day the administration allows them to have this plagiarized name, so we of the original bloodline kill the ever living fuck out of the plagiarized name to the point to where I still have around 7 pending issues, over 10 people having me ignored, and not one of them have ever actually been a fight.

Could you imagine a famous pk bloodline having a fake one named the same name basically trying to intimidate their citymates off of the fact that our actual real bloodline is an infamous pk line? Then when bringing it up to the admins they just scoffed it off as if those people who made the fake clan are allowed to keep their name. Even Sartan got mad at me for absolutely fucking obliterating the non mhaldorian lichlords. 

In fact Alianathas swore that I was only going after him, claimed harassment on an issue, got me shrubbed for 2 rl days, then issued me again under the same clause...I'm like dude, I don't give a fuck about you, some bitch who runs to the nearest city when sees me enter a room. 

Instantly ignored by direxi, never talked to him, dormant, but everytime I get in realms I qw just to see if he's around. I'll get him, he was in realms once in the passed 5 rl months

Nessaeolande, MAN THAT WAS FUN, she didn't respond (AND IM FUCKING POLITE WHEN ASKING THEM TO REMOVE THEIR NAMES) when I talked to her, hid in Cyrene, I had a monk friend mind throw her right into my cleave, was called an asshole by Sarya, who got rid of the Lichlord name real quick when big boss Coop talked to her about it. 

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST THIS LITTLE GEM
    -------------------------------------
    HONOURS PSOBI        vvvvvvv
    Little Assassin Psobi Lichlord, Market Analyst (female Dwarf).
    She is 32 years old, having been born on the 17th of Scarlatan, 701 years after the fall of the Seleucarian Empire.
    She is ranked 901st in Achaea.
    She is an extremely credible character.
    She is not known for acts of infamy.
    She is a Citizen in Cyrene.
    She is considered to be approximately 15% of your might.
    She is a mentor and able to take on proteges.
    Her warcry: 'Don't mess with the Lichlord family.'<<<<

???

Little Assassin Psobi Lichlord, Market Analyst  Player kills = 0

So how can she be a little assassin? how can she even CLAIM Lichlord, never killed a person in her achaean life.

Now you know, in an annoyingly shrieked fashion, just why I onslaught against these pathetic people, trying to use the reputation of actual killers to rp intimidation to their noncom friends.

In order to become a Lichlord you must:
    Be a Mhaldorian citizen
    achieve the rank of CR2
    and in some cases -
    Achieve the rank of HR7

So when you see these 18 year olds (Cylar - changed it eventually) walking around with a Lichlord surname on their suffix, they didn't earn it, as this particular name, you have to earn. 

I -am- the Cataclysm Switchblade.
  • @Exxia - You need to go smoke a J, bro. When you get that serious about someone's name in a game that you're posting those kinds of posts on forums...good grief.

• This fuckin' thread, I knew it was gonna be a winner.
  • well that went 0-100 real fast, wtf
  •