Resolutions

12346»

Comments

• edited January 2017
    Nazihk said:
    Tesha said:
    I've always thought public posts were extremely underutilized, especially by noncombatants who feel like they can't affect the game. Nothing is set in stone in the game; if you can't fight back through combat, fight back through politics. 
    The problem with this is that a lot of the time politics don't matter and can't work.

Political victories depend on the aggressor wanting something else more than than they want to beat up you. Thing is, well, we don't need you for trade. We don't need you for commodities. You don't have any allies that we aren't already fighting against. We're never going to be allies because the Bloodsworn will never ally with Darkness/Chaos/Evil.

There is nothing that you can give us that we want more than we want tank explosions and PvP. Maybe you could come up with some seriously embarassing surrender terms and hope that the enemy will be satisfied by your public humiliation and will leave you be?
    Well, it was more for the Phaesteans and Cyrene, I wasn't referring to Targossas. I would argue politics certainly can matter and can work; it doesn't have to be soul crushingly debilitating to be effective. I don't really want to create a 'checklist' of options, but I definitely think there are more potential results in politics than allying together in a war. You're only limited by your creativity, and we have a fantastic roster of admin to work with for behind-the-scenes support.

i'm a rebel

• Valaria said:
    Cailan said:
    Calm down Hitler
    actually no, more like racist. everything else get resolution but human. mhmm.
    Technically there are several races not mentioned.

I honestly think humans isnt mentioned simply because of how common it is to find humans to kill. Could complete 5000 human kills very quickly.

Other races simply wont work, simply because of lack of numbers. Siren, Satyr, Horkval and Grook. There really should be a herd of Satyr placed somewhere out there..
  • Asmodron said:
    Valaria said:
    Cailan said:
    Calm down Hitler
    actually no, more like racist. everything else get resolution but human. mhmm.
    Technically there are several races not mentioned.

I honestly think humans isnt mentioned simply because of how common it is to find humans to kill. Could complete 5000 human kills very quickly.

Other races simply wont work, simply because of lack of numbers. Siren, Satyr, Horkval and Grook. There really should be a herd of Satyr placed somewhere out there..
    There are more horkval than xoran, but they are so weak there would be a mess of people mass stomping ulangi.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Tesha said:
    Nazihk said:
    Tesha said:
    I've always thought public posts were extremely underutilized, especially by noncombatants who feel like they can't affect the game. Nothing is set in stone in the game; if you can't fight back through combat, fight back through politics. 
    The problem with this is that a lot of the time politics don't matter and can't work.

Political victories depend on the aggressor wanting something else more than than they want to beat up you. Thing is, well, we don't need you for trade. We don't need you for commodities. You don't have any allies that we aren't already fighting against. We're never going to be allies because the Bloodsworn will never ally with Darkness/Chaos/Evil.

There is nothing that you can give us that we want more than we want tank explosions and PvP. Maybe you could come up with some seriously embarassing surrender terms and hope that the enemy will be satisfied by your public humiliation and will leave you be?
    Well, it was more for the Phaesteans and Cyrene, I wasn't referring to Targossas. I would argue politics certainly can matter and can work; it doesn't have to be soul crushingly debilitating to be effective. I don't really want to create a 'checklist' of options, but I definitely think there are more potential results in politics than allying together in a war. You're only limited by your creativity, and we have a fantastic roster of admin to work with for behind-the-scenes support.
    I'm pretty sure that most public posts are pretty much 'crai moar' dressed up in medieval lingerie. 

• edited January 2017
    I agree, but I think the ones that aren't really stand out. Those are more the ones I am thinking of.

i'm a rebel

• The other reason certain races may not have been included was potentially cities that disallowed hunting that race. I can't be 100% sure but I know if there was tsol'aa then Eleusians could not complete that resolution for example.
  • Telinus said:
    I feel like we need Bonko to return so people remember what the term "grief" means.

• Makarios said:

To answer some of the resolution specific questions:

- The die to players resolution can be from different players, just as long as you hit 100.

- We'll be adding in more diverse options (exploration etc) as the month goes on, to keep things fresh.

Plz. :heart:
  • Yeah I've been wondering about that one too don't see it happening unless they extend it into February. In which case I have been dying for the memento auction at the end of this month! 
  • Kiskan said:
    Telinus said:
    I don't understand why orders feel they have a right to have shrines up in areas. The RP for aggressors could be as simple as "We want control in this area". Just don't put shrines up.

If you can't defend them, or are worried about dying, don't defend them. RP doesn't mean you have to fight. RP a coward if you're that bothered about it, or like any great general, pick your battles. Choose hunting to re-raise instead of dying to the defilers and giving them more corpses to defile with.

Pen a missive to Sapience, even speak to the people defiling and make that more RP oriented, find out their reasoning.

If the defilers come back with some trash shit like "Lol defiling cuz u suk" sure, get annoyed about their lack of RP, don't let it affect how it has you react to it though.

Can't defend, don't defend. Can defend, do defend. If you have shrines up, expect them to be dusted by any order, at any time, because they may want to control the area your shrines have taken. Make of it what you will.
    Part of the problem is that the PK side of the house is always trying to get people to walk through a door they are holding open.  Sometimes they are holding that door open fairly honestly "hey, anyone want to play?", but sometimes they are more coercive, so you have to try to be aware
    #PKRapeVan2017
  • Jhui probably completed the entire kill requirements already.
  • Several times. 

• Cooper said:
    Several times. 
    A day