Directions for newbie sentinel and class questions

Heya!

I am rather new in the world of Achae and looking for newbie answers.

1. Should I train axes in weaponry if I want to throw handaxes by Skirmish skillset?
2. Bite ability: it depends only from Str or also from wielded weapon?
3. What's the best armor suitable for my class?

Also I'd be glad for some directions in the world and want to try PvP, so any advice on where to find first PvP would be appreciated :) 

Thanks!
Be wild; that is how to clear the river.

Comments

• Scae said:
    Heya!

I am rather new in the world of Achae and looking for newbie answers.

1. Should I train axes in weaponry if I want to throw handaxes by Skirmish skillset?
    2. Bite ability: it depends only from Str or also from wielded weapon?
    3. What's the best armor suitable for my class?

Also I'd be glad for some directions in the world and want to try PvP, so any advice on where to find first PvP would be appreciated :) 

Thanks!

1) No, you don't need to train axes in weaponry to get throw them, but you'll miss your throw more often if you do not have the targetthrow skill in that set.

2) bite? You mean Hydra bite? Thats a druid skill, sentinels have the THRUST skill, which scales off STR and weapondamage.

3) Chainmail.

As for PvP advice, find a sentinel in your village (myself, @Lyrin or @Telinus for example) and start a conversation. From my experience you will be learning a lot by asking questions and practice (in the arena)!

Welcome to Achaea!
  • Well, I have "bite" ability in different metamorphosis skillset. E.g. in Wolf, Cheetah.
    Be wild; that is how to clear the river.
  • Hi Scae! Glad you're interested in the Sentinel class. It's pretty damn awesome.

Getting into 1v1 would be complicated without really achieving tri-trans in your class abilities. Most of our kill paths need the high end skills in each ability group (dismember needing impale, petrify needing doublestrike - both in Skirmishing, also needing woodlore animals such as wolf which is near trans).

Group, is vastly simpler. You can be useful with just returning in skirmishing, using the handaxe to give damage and afflictions, as well as afflicting limb damage. The catch here is that you need to have embraced your class to gain skirmishing, so therefore need either level 30 or level 50 to embrace the class.

With metamorphosis you have a series of morphs that give you lots of options for group too. The main are icewyrm, jaguar and basilisk (though basilisk is more pointed towards petrify, and is at trans).

I can go into it in more detail if you contact me in game.

The primary things I would say to focus on are hunting at present, you'll be pretty squishy till you get to around 80, and then again that depends on your spec build (str for damage/con for health), though str is a bit less important with the changes to skullbash (skirmishing abiltiy), being a fixed % and scaling with head damage.

I'd say learn meta up to hyena, hunt your ass off till you can embrace (level 30 or 50), then skirmishing to thrust to get you the true hunting ability with a spear.

Feel free to message me in game and we can go through some more stuff!

As @coamenel has said, lots of people who can help!