Artemis, Goddess of the Cataclysm

Enjoy her in all her finest fiery fireness!

Comments

• Solid, but needs more rags in a two piece form!

And a crouching position!

And a dagger she's always carving up dudes with. Silly, sissy quarterstaff.

The art is wonderful, however.
  • Needs moar hail.
  • Reminds me of the typical description of Athena. I like it! The eyes are a bit strange in my view, but that just makes her seem a bit more otherworldly.
  • edited December 2012

• edited December 2012
    @Eurulis It's actually a faithful point-by-point depiction of everything Artemis wears in-game, down to the symbols on her armbands and necklace.
  • @Sarapis I imagined so, though I wouldn't object to a God wearing something else every so often. I mean, who wants to get blood on their good clothing? Even if you're a God, that's still some lowly mortal fluids on your person.
  • Heh, yeah, fair enough!
  • The Gods probably have access to some magical dry-cleaning spell, Harry Potter style.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• @Katzchen We call the folks who clean our robes "Order members". 

I have said too much...
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    @Sarapis But you have no order members...

• Sarapis said:
    @Katzchen We call the folks who clean our robes "Order members". 

I have said too much...
    :( If I ever made tried to ask Artemis if I could clean Her clothes She'd just geyser me to the roof, then throw me into the volcano.

Now let's see Chris try to tackle a portrait of @Sarapis and his "He is completely naked" yet wearing clothes description. That'd drive any artist nuts in trying to write up the brief.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Yeah, visually portraying paradox would be tough.

• Personally I hope he goes with the clothed version. I'm not sure Sapience could handle @Sarapis in all his naked glory.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    @Sarapis You do? I didn't even know you had an Order.

@Wysteria Too true. I've been wondering how He does that clothes trick.

• HalosHalos The Reaches

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Where are her eggplant aubergine eyes? >_>

• This artwork is wonderful. I have to admit, though, that I pictured Her wrath as being more like a Category 5 Cyclone than a Volcanic Eruption.

• nono, it's a category 5 cyclone combined with a volcanic eruption

• I don't really like this one as much as previous commissioned art. I appreciate the detail - the lighting and shadow on the skin look great, the hands and body look very realistic, the folds of the clothing, the little touches like the staff, pendant, and sandals. It just doesn't grab me though. I'm not sure why. The expression seems closer to empty than stern/aloof/inhuman, and I would probably not know from looking at it - the setting/background, pose, outfit, expression, physique - that this was a goddess, rather than a powerful mage (admittedly that is because elementalists in Achaea can do similarly badass things to what is depicted here, and things like glowing eyes are somewhat ambiguous).

I would like to see more from this artist though. Particularly of other gods.
  • I agree with Blujixapug, tbh. There's not much of that ethereal quality to make her stand out as a goddess.

Still looks awesome tho.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Dayuuuum, check out Her lats! They cataclysmic!
  • Whats the name of this new artist? Is it the same person who did the Dala'myrr?
    I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)
  • why did I always picture her with fangs...
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Lodi said:
    Whats the name of this new artist? Is it the same person who did the Dala'myrr?
    Chris Bourassa, I believe. Not a new artist.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Nakari said:
    nono, it's a category 5 cyclone combined with a volcanic eruption
    We were joking about tossing a tidal wave in there as well. ;)
  • edited December 2012
    Ruth said:
    Lodi said:
    No, it's a new artist that goes by the moniker Irulana, though that's not her real name. We're having her do a bunch of Godly portraits. Her style is very different from Bourassa's, so definitely don't expect the same thing as the race art pictures (which are all Bourassa).

Also not the same person that did the Dala'myrr. I was trying out a new artist on the Dala'myrr but decided not to continue working with that one.

• Sarapis said:
    Ruth said:
    Lodi said:
    No, it's a new artist that goes by the moniker Irulana, though that's not her real name. We're having her do a bunch of Godly portraits. Her style is very different from Bourassa's, so definitely don't expect the same thing as the race art pictures (which are all Bourassa).

Also not the same person that did the Dala'myrr. I was trying out a new artist on the Dala'myrr but decided not to continue working with that one.

@Sarapis so when is the great lord Asmodron's portrait coming out?