Hey guys! First post! Also, does anyone happen to have a reflex package for sailing with the Nexus?

Title and things!

Comments

• Would be excellent if someone did!
  • Sarapis said:
    Would be excellent if someone did!
    I actually made one, and hello Sarapis! Anyone who wants to use it, attached file! oh... Sarapis, how can I upload packages? It said it wasn't an allowed file type!
  • I think you can only upload files in the initial post. Unless they just removed .xml / .zip uploading entirely. Barring that, dropbox it.
  • The most I've made, in terms of a reflex package for sailing, is simple directions.  It only functions with numpad, but hitting a direction will cause you to go that way and start turning.  It won't work for the NNE, etc directions, but not much I can figure, on that front.
  • ZahanZahan Valhalla
    Frederich said:
    The most I've made, in terms of a reflex package for sailing, is simple directions.  It only functions with numpad, but hitting a direction will cause you to go that way and start turning.  It won't work for the NNE, etc directions, but not much I can figure, on that front.
    Can you use modifiers in nexus?  Like ctrl+numpad9 = ship turn nne, alt+numpad9 = ship turn ene.
    Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • I don't think so?  I've not really looked too hard into it.  It might be the case, but shrug

I usually sail just fine, then again, I'm not a ship captain for combat.
  • Interesting. I have never had the need for a sailing reflex package. Whether i am doing naval combat or just plain sailing. Sailing doesn't really require that millisecond precision since turning the ship is going to take a second or two anyway and typing the command by hand has never been an issue when you know what to anticipate or have a precise plan on how to go about sailing.
  • Is there any way I can close this discussion? I was gonna post something with the reflex package I made. And to answer anyone, it was more for lazy sailing. I'd rather press a button to turn northeast than type it out. It also saved me while escaping a sea monster in the northernmost chops.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Ship crew balance queuing was also approved, so when implemented will reduce the need for sailing reflexes further.

For sailing, I effectively just use direction commands as turning aliases:
    n = say turn n
    ene = say turn ene
    etc...
  • Marxi said:
    Is there any way I can close this discussion? I was gonna post something with the reflex package I made. And to answer anyone, it was more for lazy sailing. I'd rather press a button to turn northeast than type it out. It also saved me while escaping a sea monster in the northernmost chops.
    Did something much the same (hi Marxi!) Set up the keypad with basic directions, sail/rowing toggles, ship repair and all stop. Works well, for the most part.

• edited January 2017
    @Sarapis and @Marxi

Hello, i hear you need sailing on numpad? Good news, I did it overnight after work. to be honest, it make my sailing experience much better.

go to this link below and download 'Enchanced numpad movement' and delete the normal numpad movement since it conflict with former package.

it features both normal and ship movements. it is togglable by a command 'shipcmd'. All 8-point directions turn are in similar position in respective of normal directions. with exception of 8-points directions turn, thefollowing key of numpads have different commands in ship mode:

"/" - toggles anchor
    "*" - ship castoff
    "-" - toggles sail (furl and full)
    "+" - toggles row

"0" - turn your ship in clockwise of the compass slightly   
    "." - turn your ship in anti-clockwise of the compass slightly

***LASTLY, make sure your SHIP PROMPT is in NORMAL mode for those features(sail,row, and {anti}clockwise slightly turn)  to work. I will add cryptic prompt trigger later.

Enjoy!

let me know if anything broke for you.
    https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0ByKThQBSexeOVTdVN2w3cUdhVFE

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • Thank you! I was going to put one together but this saves me so much work. You guys rock.
  • Valaria said:
    @Sarapis and @Marxi

Hello, i hear you need sailing on numpad? Good news, I did it overnight after work. to be honest, it make my sailing experience much better.

go to this link below and download 'Enchanced numpad movement' and delete the normal numpad movement since it conflict with former package.

it features both normal and ship movements. it is togglable by a command 'shipcmd'. All 8-point directions turn are in similar position in respective of normal directions. with exception of 8-points directions turn, thefollowing key of numpads have different commands in ship mode:

"/" - toggles anchor
    "*" - ship castoff
    "-" - toggles sail (furl and full)
    "+" - toggles row

"0" - turn your ship in clockwise of the compass slightly   
    "." - turn your ship in anti-clockwise of the compass slightly

***LASTLY, make sure your SHIP PROMPT is in NORMAL mode for those features(sail,row, and {anti}clockwise slightly turn)  to work. I will add cryptic prompt trigger later.

Enjoy!

let me know if anything broke for you.
    https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0ByKThQBSexeOVTdVN2w3cUdhVFE

Erm, I already mentioned that i made my own the night that i posted this xP thank you anyway! I used 5 as full stop, / and * as strike/unfurl, and +/- as row/stop rowing
  • Sorry about that, i miss some posts down from your first one. Carry on. :D but at least it may be helpful for someone else. 

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • Question, how did you code the "0" and "." (slight turn) keys? I'd really like to steal incorporate that into my keypad setup.

• edited January 2017
    hehe. you may steal the code, it is under the 'ship_small_turn' function in the Enchanced Numpad Movement Packages. enjoy!

• Oops, should have mentioned that I am running Mudlet, not Nexus :)

• edited January 2017
    iZbaco said:
    Oops, should have mentioned that I am running Mudlet, not Nexus :)
    ah okay here the full code of ship_small_turn function. you can try translate them into lua..
    var which_turn = args == "true"? true: false; // the arg can be in boolean of true(clockwise), false(anticlockwise)
    //Enter the function here

//an array of compass in clockwise style starting from the (N)orth direction. this can be used to turn the ship slightly by using numpad of "0"(clockwise turn) or "." (anticlockwise turn)
    //I will implement ship queue later for the ship balance.
     /*
            N
       nnw  ^  nne
      NW    |    NE
     wnw    |    ene
     W <----+----> E
     wsw    |    ese
      SW    |    SE
       ssw  v  sse
            S
    */
    var compass = {
        num:{"N":1, "NNE":2, "NE":3, "ENE":4, "E":5, "ESE":6, "SE":7, "SSE":8, "S":9, "SSW":10, "SW":11, "WSW":12, "W":13, "WNW":14, "NW":15, "NNW":16},
        dir:{1:"N", 2:"nne", 3:"NE", 4:"ene", 5:"E", 6:"ese", 7:"SE", 8:"sse", 9:"S", 10:"ssw", 11:"SW", 12:"wsw", 13:"W", 14:"wnw", 15:"NW", 16:"nnw"} 
    };

var current_direction = compass.num[get_variable("ship_current_direction")];

if (which_turn) { //clockwise?
        if (current_direction == 16) current_direction = 0;
        send_command("ship turn " + compass.dir[current_direction + 1]);
    }
    else { //then it's anticlockwise.
        if (current_direction == 1) current_direction = 17;
        send_command("ship turn " + compass.dir[current_direction - 1]);
    }

for the ship_current_direction variable, i just capture the direction from the ship prompt, and set that variable to the value of ship's direction.

• You are awesome, thanks!