The State of Bashing

13»

Comments

• TBH, given that @Israyhl and I bash together almost exclusively (when we aren't soloing), I can attest that between an artied Runewarden and an artied Bard... Bard takes the cake for better bashing.

With his harmonics going, the ability to wield an SoA (which only S&B runies would be able to do or someone with artie armour with the SoA ability put in-- and I have no desire to duplicate an artefact I already own because of cost), and his insanely fast balance he not only hits faster and is therefore getting more frequent crits, but he soaks more damage than I do (particularly when he gets a lucky round of anthem). Yes, I realize that his crits aren't going to be as monumental as a 2H Runewarden's, but he can still one-shot things as often as I can when he gets the right crits.

It's good enough that if I had any intention of using Bard for actual combat or anything I'd consider picking it up as another class, but I can't justify spending 1200 credits on a second class just for bashing. :sunglasses:
  • Krypton said:
    Tahquil said:
    Edit: Also curious to see if Horkval can be allowed to wear cloth armour. They are the only lesserforms that can't utilise paragons due to not being able to wear any type of armour.
    Makarios said:

Misc
    ----
    * Members of the Horkval race may now wear cloth armour.
    Alright, typo' to reflect that in HELP ARMOUR
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Nataliia said:
    TBH, given that @Israyhl and I bash together almost exclusively (when we aren't soloing), I can attest that between an artied Runewarden and an artied Bard... Bard takes the cake for better bashing.

With his harmonics going, the ability to wield an SoA (which only S&B runies would be able to do or someone with artie armour with the SoA ability put in-- and I have no desire to duplicate an artefact I already own because of cost), and his insanely fast balance he not only hits faster and is therefore getting more frequent crits, but he soaks more damage than I do (particularly when he gets a lucky round of anthem). Yes, I realize that his crits aren't going to be as monumental as a 2H Runewarden's, but he can still one-shot things as often as I can when he gets the right crits.

It's good enough that if I had any intention of using Bard for actual combat or anything I'd consider picking it up as another class, but I can't justify spending 1200 credits on a second class just for bashing. :sunglasses:

If he's allied you, you'll get the benefits of anthem, hallelujah, etc, on top of your own class abilities. Bard is great for bashing though, has to be said.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • @Klendathu Right. I know his benefits work when we're allied. I love bashing with him because harms are uh-mazing. But he can still tank more than I can, which is odd.
  • edited January 2017
    Nataliia said:
    @Klendathu Right. I know his benefits work when we're allied. I love bashing with him because harms are uh-mazing. But he can still tank more than I can, which is odd.
    Tune + Aria on top of the Runes I assume you give him. Bard really is fucking amazing.

Case in point: Azdun Graveyard.

As a bard (no cape, 7500 health), with runes, I set my basher's room tolerance to 20 and just let it rip through everything as I chit chat on party, Ct or tells. (edit: SoA here too)

As a DWC runie, 7k health with runes, it gets hairy at around 10 mobs. I died last night to 15. (even with dagaz/uruz down)
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Yeah, shared runes. But even without me giving runes @Israyhl just goes and cuts through stuff if we aren't bashing together. It makes me kinda jelly. I'd definitely rather summon harms than have to sketch room runes every time I move, 'cause inks are my precious. :lol: