New race art - Horkval Bard

Comments

• I.... I don't know if they are boots or her feet.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Awesome art, should give a boost to the least played class/race?
  • I'm pretty sure Katia designed those shoes... I'm pretty sure they are in my nds list!
  • This is awesome, and I don't care about whether a Horkval/Xorani/Grook should have boobs or hair (those are awesome too though). Gotta say I really do love all this new art and am really looking forwards to what comes next!

I hope when they get to Rajamalan's they make two of em, to show there ARE different species as spoken of in the Help Scroll. Being "Tiger-like" all the time is annoying...
  • No.

Fluffy and Tard.
  • Maybe in her bloodline there's a bit of human in her, hence the boobage?

Either way, it's brilliant work.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Eurulis said:
    Eeeh. I think it's just more an issue that mammary glands are honestly immediately identified with mammals, and therefore seem strange and out of place on something like an insectoid Horkval. Same with the Xoran and Grook really.
    Xorans are mammalian, in all likelihood. The original members of the race came from live birth and were fed milk, at least

• @Blujixapug figured they were weird looking boots, as high heeled carapace was too crazy.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• I never really bought into the ADP thing as far as making racial stuff canon. I've run the Horkval racial clan for a really long time (and made the original on an alt of mine or at least the concept before Delehyla created the actual clan) with the exception of a 20 year IG break where Aspy did and it's never been said there that breasts are a no no. The picture is exactly how I would picture a female Horkval. I was super skeptical before looking at it because I love the race so much and figured it'd be butchered beyond belief but this was an amazingly pleasant surprise.

• I really like this picture. Is it from the same artist as who did the handful of other racial portraits?
    Yep, Chris Bourassa. However, the Artemis (and other forthcoming God portraits) is a different artist.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    Those heels are to die for.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Sarapis said:
    @Sarapis I don't think asking how a giant dragon can breathe fire is the same as asking how something with an exoskeleton has boobs.
    There's no possible biology that we know of that could produce a being that can breathe rock-melting fire. I'd suggest that an endoskeleton with an exoskeleton over it is far more in the realm of the possible than a giant flying lizard-esque creature producing fire and belching it out.
    *cough*
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Sarapis said:
    @Eld That had never actually occurred to me re: the mending messages....

Someday, just to mess with you guys, we'll put in a one-armed race....that can dual-wield.
    That... would be horrifying. Walk out into a battlefield, see some one armed humanoid double slashing with two swords, flailing a quarterstaff, or firing a bow, I'd just give up and leave.

• Nakari said:
    Eurulis said:
    Eeeh. I think it's just more an issue that mammary glands are honestly immediately identified with mammals, and therefore seem strange and out of place on something like an insectoid Horkval. Same with the Xoran and Grook really.
    Xorans are mammalian, in all likelihood. The original members of the race came from live birth and were fed milk, at least
    You know, I completely forgot about that bit. Actually rather interesting, now that I think about it.
  • BabelBabel Oblivion
    edited December 2012
    Indeed. Human ancestry in the family tree has a distinct tendency to mess things up and cause nasty headaches for genealogists, and it's strong; a drop of human blood can have ramifications generations down the line, especially second-generation human blood, such as Elara's. Remember, her grandfather was the Unnameable Horror! That's potent stuff.

• edited December 2012
    To add to discussion, the Horkval Queen lays eggs. 

While there are mammals that lay eggs (platypi), that the horkval queen is in a hive-like structure the likelihood leans more towards insect.

In addition, neither the queen nor her workers breastfeed the hatchlings.
    "Trust in me, Universe, I will deliver / the promise that no-one shall ever / set their mind to games or play / for Serious Order is the way. I will not rest until it is done; / rules will be made for everyone. / They will know Order and its graces - and just like me, all shall be Greyfaces." - The Heroes of Sapience, Act 5, Greyface.
  • They should just reduce the Achaean races to "Sexy Male Human" and "Sexy Female Human" and make things like fur, scales, and antennae minor traits!
  • I have no problem with sexy female humans.
  • Oh.

Does that mean I'm gay?
  • No, but since you've brought sexuality into the topic, the closest thing I can think of is Formicophilia.
  • edited December 2012
    This also raises a lot of questions about horkval biology. For example, they hatch from eggs into a grub-like, detritivorous larval stage, so if the breasts really are breasts, when are they used?

I think if horkvals are really intended to be mammals, it would make things a lot simpler if the player race isn't actually the same race as the ones on Ulangi.
  • @Sena No idea. I have an appendix in real life but I couldn't tell you why as it's not used for anything.