Mudlet Sounds

KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
Someone mentioned in another thread that Mudlet sounds are working again. When trying it out, I can't seem to get it to accept the sound file (which is .wav) though. Am I doing something wrong? I'll select the file, and it just reverts back to this empty grey box.

This is the file I'm using: http://soundbible.com/1458-Monster-Roar.html

Comments

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    First, did you do the fix for mudlet delta that makes sounds work again?

Second, if so, try using the playSoundFile function instead: playSoundFile("C:\path\to\soundfile.wav")
    Huh. Neat.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Haven't tried the fix, think someone just mentioned it worked as part of a recent update.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I used the fix on 3.0d and it's working perfectly

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    How do I orchestrate this fix?

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited January 2017
    Kresslack said:
    How do I orchestrate this fix?
    Clicky

Reisen said:

Ok, this is just an easy trigger and a .wav file you need. File is here. Put this in a new folder called 'sound' in your Mudlet folder (which, ideally, should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Mudlet\sound\ -- change the trigger if you have a different directory,) then make this trigger:

Note that Mudlet 3.0.0 doesn't come with the right .dll files required to play sound. If that's the case, download this .zip file and extract it to your base Mudlet directory. It's nothing that can hurt you -- just a couple of folders with .dll files that Mudlet needs in order to use the playSoundFile() function.

You can use playSoundFile() to make any sound play as part of a script (i.e. a trigger, alias, or keybind.) Just point it to a .wav file. Sounds are great for helping you quickly recognize things that would otherwise require big blocks of shiny text, like instakills or other critical attacks, but I took a step further and triggered almost everything to play a sound, based on sound files I ripped from games like Ultima Online and City of Heroes that I own. It really improves the atmosphere for me, and helps me get a better sense of what's going on.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."