City & House Promotion Changes

13»

Comments

• edited February 2016
    CR 4s unite?  B)

@Zuko @Austere

Anyway, I would hope that this encourages flexibility in the rankings (and no need to binge-HF people to ranks). I can see the argument that it could cause issues with CFs now losing their appeal, though.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• edited February 2016
    Austere said:
    I highly doubt most houses are going to give every member above x rank the ability to just pass out credits daily.
    I think you're probably right, which is a huge shame.

Most houses and cities could absolutely afford it and most higher-ups in the game are absolutely capable of judicious use of something like this (not just passing out credits daily for no reason), but this is exactly the sort of delegated authority/discretion that orgs in the game are really, really terrible about. And if your higher-up people aren't capable of this kind of discretion - well then the demote command is really easy to use now too!
  • edited February 2016
    Tael said:
    Austere said:
    I highly doubt most houses are going to give every member above x rank the ability to just pass out credits daily.
    I think you're probably right, which is a huge shame.

Most houses and cities could absolutely afford it and most higher-ups in the game are absolutely capable of judicious use of something like this (not just passing out credits daily for no reason), but this is exactly the sort of delegated authority/discretion that orgs in the game are really, really terrible about. And if your higher-up people aren't capable of this kind of discretion - well then the demote command is really easy to use now too!
    I don't know what qualifies as "absolutely afford" it, but neither Cyrene nor the Outriders can, especially if just anyone is passing them out.

Edit: That is, if we want to go back to regular credit sales (which are on hold due to low volume of credits) and credit prizes for games, etc. The overall flow is a definite net negative as it currently stands, and we need to have a certain amount banked.

• Atalkez said:
    Are there safeguards from someone getting pissed and demoting everyone in the city that's ranked under them before quitting?

Can you city demote/promote people even if they are offline like you could do with favours?
    Somewhere I have a very enjoyable to read log. (Gosh, I hope I still have it.)

winks @Aereidhna

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• NECRO.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud