Army Demote

Pretty self-explanatory, we can ARMY PROMOTE why can't we ARMY DEMOTE? This would help with monitoring permissions, restructuring, probationary measures, etcetera.

Heard this got denied before, and if so I am curious if anybody knows why? (Don't worry Hashan, only Karren will find himself demoted when he PK's me in the bank :()

Comments

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Pretty sure the army is intended to be structured differently from other organizations. If you've earned your rank, you've earned your rank. You're meant to be gaining ranks through tanks and such. Promote is only for outliers when someone does something truly worthy of a new rank that the system doesn't take into account.

Not entirely sure on that one, but from the general attitude about it and the way it's set up, that'd be my best guess.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Also keeps people from gaming the system. Since higher ranks count more, your most frequent/experienced raiders will generally be higher payouts than random ar1. So if you can demote, then you could just demote your team to ar1 to reduce how much the opposing team gets for the kill.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    Also keeps people from gaming the system. Since higher ranks count more, your most frequent/experienced raiders will generally be higher payouts than random ar1. So if you can demote, then you could just demote your team to ar1 to reduce how much the opposing team gets for the kill.

• Atalkez said:
    Also keeps people from gaming the system. Since higher ranks count more, your most frequent/experienced raiders will generally be higher payouts than random ar1. So if you can demote, then you could just demote your team to ar1 to reduce how much the opposing team gets for the kill.
    This is it, right here.

Mechanically speaking the best army is going to nothing but rank 1 soldiers. Minimal gain to the enemy when they kill you, maximum gain to you when you kill them.
  • Ahmet said:
    Pretty sure the army is intended to be structured differently from other organizations. If you've earned your rank, you've earned your rank. You're meant to be gaining ranks through tanks and such. Promote is only for outliers when someone does something truly worthy of a new rank that the system doesn't take into account.

Not entirely sure on that one, but from the general attitude about it and the way it's set up, that'd be my best guess.
    Clearly you've never heard of major disciplinary hearings in the U.S. Military.

• While @Trey is on point with the U.S. Military, the thing is they have a point, people would be milking that to their advantage. I won't even say names and point fingers you know who you are.  So to save mentioned abuse by said unnamed people its better for no one to have that ability in general. I am sure @Aesgar  would like to think most people are honest here, but sadly not always the case.
  • I just wanna know when we'll get % indicators for tanks :(
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Trey Did I say it was structured to be like the US Military? Pretty sure I didnt. :(
    Huh. Neat.
  • I've only ever heard of promote being used to get someone up to the rank they need to be able to retrieve tanks, or induct, or for some other similarly pragmatic reason, for the record. Never seen it used as a way to recognize someone's contributions (might be different in other places, but that's how it is in Targ, anyways). 
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Pretty sure in Ashtan it's been used to recognise someone's contributions in the past.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Has been used in Targ for the same reason, yeah.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I was promoted from AR1 to AR2 by Hasar after some fairly successful early raiding when I was still pretty new to Mhaldor (and apostate), as well.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • All great points.

@Kyrra Hashan also uses it to reward exemplary behavior, though I tend to keep those kind of promotions only up to army rank three. It is a nice incentive though for those who work hard!
  • Cyrene doesn't promote anyone because it leads to faster tank detonations if they're killed.