How do you pronounce your character's name?

Comments

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    key-rah
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra = keer-ruh

• @Mathonwy, for whatever reason I've always pronounced your name in my head as Meh-TONN-way. I have no idea why.

• SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    Jakiro said:
    juh-key-row
    ^-- as in juh in just
    lol, sleng you heh?

Sheh-rah-zahd. >.> 
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    @Cooper, I don't extend the vowels on it myself.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Zith

But give the 'th' a little life of its own.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • edited December 2012
    Whenever I read "queue", I imagine it in its French pronunciation.

I now imagine your name as a very French sounding [køpɛʀ].
  • Hard G!!!!
  • Jah - meh - f - EE - el.

The 'f' isn't quite a 'f' or 'th' - it's somewhere in between. It echoes how I speak in real life (I generally pronounce the 'th' sound closer to 'f' than to 'th').
  • Leer - in

Though often people shorten the name with Lea, which I imagine is either Lee-uh or Lee on its own.
  • Nell-ON-druh

• Core-bo
    (Party): Mizik says, "This can't possibly go wrong."
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Mel-oh-DIE.

As in, DIE YOU HEATHEN!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Eld said:
    Yes, though the song is referring to Lodi, CA, rather than the village in Achaea, so pronounce it how you want. Now I'm debating which of those would be a more annoying place to be stuck.
    @Sarapis Just out of interest, did you name the Achaean Lodi after the RL Lodi? Or is it just a coincidence?
    I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)
  • Rom like the acronym for read-only memory.

I understand that some people might pronounce it as Rome, which is arguably more correct, and I have come to terms with it. Sorry @Roam!
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • Willing to bet it's a play on words referring to novices. Mini-a, Lo-di, small, little areas.

• Melodie said:
    Mel-oh-DIE. As in, DIE YOU HEATHEN!
    I am never going to read your name the same now.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I was mostly trolling, although if you really do want to say/think it that way, be my guest. ;)
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Lodi said:
    Eld said:
    Yes, though the song is referring to Lodi, CA, rather than the village in Achaea, so pronounce it how you want. Now I'm debating which of those would be a more annoying place to be stuck.
    @Sarapis Just out of interest, did you name the Achaean Lodi after the RL Lodi? Or is it just a coincidence?
    There are a lot of RL places named Lodi, including a city and province in Italy, for which the pronounciation is closer to yours.
  • Zay- theer - ee - an.

• Eld said:
    Lodi said:
    Eld said:
    There are a lot of RL places named Lodi, including a city and province in Italy, for which the pronounciation is closer to yours.
    Cool. :)
    I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Daz-lin
    Daz from Dazzling. Lin from Lin Kuei

Some pronounce it as a weird long Dazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzlin.(not really that long, but it sounds that way)
  • Her-maul-doe

Though when I have talked to people online they seemed to think it was...

Her-mowl-doe...like an owl. Or Captain Mal from Firefly.

• Bee-ch
  • coo-err. Make those two sound like one. Et, voila!