Resolutions

Comments

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Sarathai said:
    :) Karren said:
    Sarathai said:
    Lylith said:
    What's annoying for me (and others I'm sure) is that I can't even join Babel in an official capacity and therefore can't defile shrines myself.
    Pretty sure you can defile (only one person can at a time though), you just can't desecrate?

You can't initiate any conflict without an order member, which sucks.
    Then people shouldn't try and join what more or less amounts to dormant orders if they want to get into order-based conflict as more than a hanger-on. :)
    I consider a character's personal RP to be just as important as whether or not a Divine happens to be active when deciding to join an Order. I imagine it's also largely the reason why I stay in a small Order with a dormant Vastar, for the same reasons as Jhui and Dunn stay with Babel. Which makes me respect them a whole lot more than the people that jump ship whenever someone new and shiny comes along to follow.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with it, and in the case of people like Lylith where their own RP drives them toward a certain Divine, it just means waiting until Order members are around to desecrate for them, or having someone else do it. There's plenty of folks that engage in shrine destruction just to spark conflict or get some skirmish action happening. It's just not as likely to happen when those said people aren't around to assist.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with it, and in the case of people like Lylith where their own RP drives them toward a certain Divine, it just means waiting until Order members are around to desecrate for them, or having someone else do it. There's plenty of folks that engage in shrine destruction just to spark conflict or get some skirmish action happening. It's just not as likely to happen when those said people aren't around to assist.
    I'm saying that there are limitations as a result of choosing to go after an order without an active Divine (especially if that order doesn't have an OH with the ability to induct on his/her own). I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, assuming they accept those drawbacks, but I don't see why they should be catered to either.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Or when whoever's in charge of the fresh meat for the Order goes dormant. Just saying. :cry:
    Huh. Neat.
  • Lylith said:
    What's annoying for me (and others I'm sure) is that I can't even join Babel in an official capacity and therefore can't defile shrines myself.
    same in boat with you, I cannot defile babel shrine either!

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • edited January 2017
    Alas, we are both denied.

And yes, it is annoying not to be able to defile because a certain divine is inactive. I'm not saying players in such a position should get special treatment but that doesn't make it any less of a bother. Picking another order just to be able to defile would be horrid roleplaying; Babel's is where Lylith belongs.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Would be good to see a more extensive list, like "X # of Trade Deals completed" or "Reach Grandmaster/Legendary Smith".

• And in reference to the post about approaching  Prospero about trade deals, He isn't the Lord of scumbaggery and thievery so I'm not sure why that would surprise anyone that He wouldn't want to do business with a known thief no offense.  When chances are majority of that wealth was stolen from others. The cheated sovereign has no value to us. We aren't allowed to steal to gain our own wealth. So this whole concept of His order members will pay for that is just laughable it's no different than belonging to any Order that has values but if that is what drives you, that is what drives you. 
  • We really are neutral may not seem like it from an outsider point of view, we would take members from any city. The majority of Ashtan was against everyone else in the tide event. Wasn't something we could stand alone in but I sort of understand your thought process. 
  • Nothing in Achaea is truly neutral. I'd even argue to say that the Merchants and CIJ aren't. I mean if you look at membership in each it isn't exactly as if they have a wide variety of where their members stem from, and probably have some bias for or against certain organizations, Gods, etc. Plus, the concept of neutrality tends to change with whoever is at the helm at the time. If say... @Verrucht weren't the Imperiate and @Aerek had been, I'm extremely doubtful Cyrene would be in this weird "off limits" state that most people probably only adhere to so they don't have to deal with the "Why would you attack us!" backlash (just an example, don't get all up in arms).

Out of all the IRE games Achaea is probably the closest one to having anything that could remotely resemble neutrality, but if you really take a good look at laws, attitudes, and trends, it isn't really true neutrality.
  • edited January 2017
    Cyrene has good shops and it's nice to have a free arena that you can reasonably expect anybody to have access to.
  • Armali said:
    Cyrene has good shops and it's nice to have a free arena that you can reasonably expect anybody to have access to.
    Cyrene has a lot of nice things, shops being a huge attraction to it. That was never in question. Also the free arena is nice, yes.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I'm annoyed with Cyrene. I paid my 600k fine and like a month later, they unenemied everyone anyways.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Nataliia said:
    Nothing in Achaea is truly neutral. I'd even argue to say that the Merchants and CIJ aren't. I mean if you look at membership in each it isn't exactly as if they have a wide variety of where their members stem from, and probably have some bias for or against certain organizations, Gods, etc. Plus, the concept of neutrality tends to change with whoever is at the helm at the time. If say... @Verrucht weren't the Imperiate and @Aerek had been, I'm extremely doubtful Cyrene would be in this weird "off limits" state that most people probably only adhere to so they don't have to deal with the "Why would you attack us!" backlash (just an example, don't get all up in arms).

Out of all the IRE games Achaea is probably the closest one to having anything that could remotely resemble neutrality, but if you really take a good look at laws, attitudes, and trends, it isn't really true neutrality.

Once upon a time Nature, at least how Druids viewed it, was truly neutral. We only defended active attacks against Nature. There were no raids, etc. 

Then there were some issues about some Cities harboring those who would harm Nature and a global herb ban was put in place. I objected to this, as did many other Druids who did not wish to blame all of one City for the crimes of a few. At one point one of those "sanctuary" states even told Exterminators to not seek harbor in their walls. It was fun and good RP, no lock step, mixing and matching and more like the real world where even within individual countries not everybody shares 100% the same views. (Think boycotts, etc.)

I have continued to play Prythe with the ideals of my youth. My RP has been consistent, but as attitudes and orgs changed, sometimes I was with the flow, sometimes very much against it. (Although all I can really do actively for Nature now is "patrol" - and even though pointless I always make note of the plant life of where I travel, and will sometimes send in a report when I have covered an entire area.)

I think Cyrene is truly neutral as to politics, but some of its citizens belong to other Orgs (Orders) which may require them to take a less neutral stance. So long as they do not bring their conflicts within Cyrene's walls, that is acceptable.

I like that about Cyrene. Each is able to be their own self so long as that self does not put the City at risk. We have Patrons of our City and of our Houses, and we might be asked if we will help defend them. Again, individual choice prevails other than for those in those Orders, and I think even within the Orders themselves to a degree.

Pretty good deal all round, I think.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• A big perk of having serpent as a class is the shops in cyrene :)

• Dunn said:
    A big perk of having serpent as a class is the shops in cyrene :)
    I'm laughing. It's wrong of me to do so, but I am laughing.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• If any of you want to know how to survive with a dormant God, just talk to @Asmodron. He's been doing it longer than any of us. :^)
  • All about ze RP. I know that is difficult for Babel members as is, but nothing is impossible
  • If you think about it, if you're doing something you're not neutral. You've been swayed to action by something.
  • Sometimes it's better to just walk away from a disagreement, especially when it devolves into personal attacks. Game balance isn't based on who complains the most, so there's nothing to lose by just ignoring it and doing your thing if people are complaining about what you're doing. At the same time, you can't expect people to change what they're doing just because you complained about it on the forums.

It's important to keep a realistic perspective on what you can and can't change - other people's behavior in the game is certainly out of your control. You can control how much you let it affect you, though. If it's affecting you to the point where you're willing to argue on the forums for pages and pages, it might be worth thinking about a way to redirect some of that energy into something a bit more productive. 

It's okay to "lose", and I think some of the most interesting RP can blossom from such circumstances. I've always thought public posts were extremely underutilized, especially by noncombatants who feel like they can't affect the game. Nothing is set in stone in the game; if you can't fight back through combat, fight back through politics. 

i'm a rebel

• I'm confused.  What does this have to do with Resolutions?

• @Asmodron you are one salty mother fucker to take sporadic shots at random people like that.  

• I fully accept that my posts belonged in rants, I was letting my irritation get out of hand, and also am actually trying to be constructive in game now rather than bitching on forums - but this convo was like 5 days ago, can it just die, please? (Rhetorical question. No need for a response.)

On topic: I am so ready for the new resolutions to be loaded. I keep checking the list over and over but nothing yet :(
  • I love the dragon resolution, gives me a reason to get off my butt and hunt, even if I'll never make it in the month, and probably not this year at the rate I'm going. Got no ideas for new ones but would love to see some more added, ones I might be able to do.
  • i noticed there are no kill 5000 humans resolution..

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • Tesha said:
    I've always thought public posts were extremely underutilized, especially by noncombatants who feel like they can't affect the game. Nothing is set in stone in the game; if you can't fight back through combat, fight back through politics. 
    The problem with this is that a lot of the time politics don't matter and can't work.

Political victories depend on the aggressor wanting something else more than than they want to beat up you. Thing is, well, we don't need you for trade. We don't need you for commodities. You don't have any allies that we aren't already fighting against. We're never going to be allies because the Bloodsworn will never ally with Darkness/Chaos/Evil.

There is nothing that you can give us that we want more than we want tank explosions and PvP. Maybe you could come up with some seriously embarassing surrender terms and hope that the enemy will be satisfied by your public humiliation and will leave you be?
  • Cailan said:
    Calm down Hitler
    actually no, more like racist. everything else get resolution but human. mhmm.