So I've been thinking of ways of making mining and the commodity market better and more healthy. Right now there is a lot of market manipulation that goes on by players and cities, massive stockpiles of commodities that will never be sold or used because of dormant people, and too many of some commodities and not enough of others. I've come up with some suggestions that might help a lot!
These changes would give the admin a better way to control lode spawns, stop the ability of both players and cities to stockpile massive amounts of commodities that can be used to manipulate prices, and allow the admin to make lesser used commodities more useful or more rare.
Here's what I think should be done:
- Clear out the commodity market except for the lowest 5% of commodities available for sale. Alternatively, clear out the entire commodity market and set the current average price to the average of the last 6 months if that information is available.
- Put a cap on how far above the current lowest price you can sell commodities for (5-10%)
- Remove the ability to drop or store commodities anywhere except the commodity market or your rift (forcing people sell them at the currently accepted reasonable price)
- Any commodities currently on the ground in a house, ship, stockroom, or any other place will be placed into the inventory of the person who owns or has control of the room
- Base lode spawns on how much has been used and how much is currently on the market
- Make lode spawns even more random than they currently are, so that all the lodes for a commodity don't spawn at the same time or extremely close together. This will stop people from getting the massive/huge/large spawn and being able to corner the market, and will give everyone a fair chance at them