Poll: Which modern Achaean House is the best and why?

Comments

• They originally came in cause I had the audacity to touch one of their relics :( how dare I!

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Looks like a short clip of a fairly extended conversation from an OOC clan we're in, yes.

Also while I think the off-rail conversation is interesting to hash out, I thought this thread was more about what modern Houses you like and why, rather than a discussion of raids, their role in the cities and the consequences of dealing with them!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Cooper said:
    They originally came in cause I had the audacity to touch one of their relics :( how dare I!
    You're learning 
  • Melodie said:
    Looks like a short clip of a fairly extended conversation from an OOC clan we're in, yes.

Also while I think the off-rail conversation is interesting to hash out, I thought this thread was more about what modern Houses you like and why, rather than a discussion of raids, their role in the cities and the consequences of dealing with them!
    Yes, I want to know why people like the Targossian houses so much.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    I joined the Harbingers because @Draqoom tried to pull the "WE ARE SO DARK AND MYSTERIOUS" card when I tried to join the Luminai. Have never regretted it. 

I like the Harbingers; outside of the Occultists or Naga, they're probably my favorite house. It's very much like the Sylvans were (which I loved), just without all the clique-ish bullshit and uselessness (which I hated). They have a small but awesome group of active people (Torinn/Elipise/Aralaya/Daeir/Carmell/Greys/Micaelis/Reymi/others) who do a lot of work to help make the game more fun for other people, which is rad. 

We also get the loosest rules on fraternization (in practice), which means we also get the opportunity to RP with people from other factions on a fairly regular basis beyond just raiding them. I like that. 
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • Ahmet said:
    Cyrenians are also restricted by law from participating in defense elsewhere (which I think is a little silly myself, but maybe that's just me).
    Were you not Cyrenian all the times Cyrene got raided because Exelethril and Shirszae defended Eleusis?
  • edited December 2016
    Being a former Cyrenian Duke/high ranking knight wasn't fun for keeping a low profile while defending the "then" underdogs, got lots of PK in though

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • @Kiskan - I don't really see Jhui doing anything bad, except being a dick to people who are usually dicks. Nobody's forcing those guys to come defend totems. That's a choice THEY made. Could've just gagged that shit and kept on keeping on doing whatever it was they were doing.

• Bann said:
    @Kiskan - I don't really see Jhui doing anything bad, except being a dick to people who are usually dicks. Nobody's forcing those guys to come defend totems. That's a choice THEY made. Could've just gagged that shit and kept on keeping on doing whatever it was they were doing.
    Uhh, we did just that. But then you went and decided to guard bash because you guys threw a hissy fit that we were ignoring you. I mean, make up whatever imaginary excuses you want, but you guys were being basic bitches
  • I'm still not actually sure why people aren't using the "flush" button either (i.e. at some point, you just refuse to engage).  But they know that better than I do.  People say the guard costs shouldn't be too crushing (which I think is probably true, actually), and in a game like Achaea, some favour hound is almost always happy to fix totems, so that leaves... I really am not sure.  It's something people who have been stuck defending a lot more than they'd like could probably answer if they thought about it.   

But it's the end that gets my attention even more than what was apparently the Director's Cut of raiding.  It's like, not only am I going to raid as long as I damned well please (which I always do, by the sound of it), but isn't it funny how these idiots keep saying what a great guy I am.

The end, more than anything, is the sort of mask slip you'll rarely see from someone who is really really really good at getting away with murder.
  • When you start to overanalayze the game like this it becomes a lot less fun. Let us griefers be griefers and you non coms bash up the gold to restore your guards
    We already let that shit go, yo. Y'all are the ones holding on and bringing it back up again.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited December 2016
    Melodie said:
    We already let that shit go, yo. Y'all are the ones holding on and bringing it back up again.

Who is this "Y'all" even referring to? As far as I know, the only one bringing it up is Kiskan, who doesn't actually play this game (afaik).
  • Farrah said:
    Melodie said:

Who is this "Y'all" even referring to? As far as I know, the only one bringing it up is Kiskan, who doesn't actually play this game (afaik).
    I was mainly footstomping Skye's point one page back.  I was sort of afraid people would miss that somehow and think it just came up out of the blue even though I referred to her post in mine and it is just one page ago :(
    Farrah said:
    Melodie said:

Mostly Kiskan and Daeir.
  • None! Because Houses aren't fun imo.

#bringguildsback
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Because of the agreement between the three forestal guilds (IIRC) I believe this meant she was also barred from joining the Druids or Sylvans - not 100% sure on that part though, maybe my memory is inventing it.
    This was a real thing.
  • Kafziel said:
    I'm pretty sure that's verbatim stolen from sentinel guild novice test
     It was Against The Rules to summon any animals as a novice, even though it was one of your skills and what kind of human with a pulse could resist summoning a cute cuddly fierce animal companion in any MMO, so they were kicking her out. 
    Stuff like this was why I disliked Guilds. Can't have a falcon until X Can't have a Grove until Y. Who cares that you have the ability, we're going to restrict your usage of your class skills. If they should have been restricted to full members than they should have been the third skill not one of your two primary skills >.<
  • Sena said:
    Please rank the following in order of importance: guild, family, Nature, Eleusis, Oakstone, Lupus, Gaia, the literal ton of gold you're gonna make from harvesting if you get this right. Remember, there are no wrong answers, except for every answer bar the right one and you're also wrong if you give the right answer but can't explain it well. Failure means you're permanently barred from joining the guild forever.

And also by the way this is only the first of 150 questions that is going to take at least 5 hours of your time, and if you have to leave in the middle, you're banned forever.

• Cooper said:
    Sena said:
    Please rank the following in order of importance: guild, family, Nature, Eleusis, Oakstone, Lupus, Gaia, the literal ton of gold you're gonna make from harvesting if you get this right. Remember, there are no wrong answers, except for every answer bar the right one and you're also wrong if you give the right answer but can't explain it well. Failure means you're permanently barred from joining the guild forever.

And also by the way this is only the first of 150 questions that is going to take at least 5 hours of your time, and if you have to leave in the middle, you're banned forever.
    And you can only get the interview after you've bashed to level 40 with novice skills, been a novice for an RL week, and written two essays and a letter of introduction.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    My time in guilds can be summed up with the following:

I don't like your name, bye.
    You are breathing my air, bye.
    You took 8 miliseconds to answer a question, bye.
    You did not repeat the answer verbatim, bye.
    You repeated the answer verbatim, bye.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.