Lupus

Are any of the members of the order of Lupus around?

Comments

• edited December 2016
    Maybe it's Lupus? I don't know.

Edit: Jokes aside, contact @Elianon, I think I saw his name on QW recently.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    During the Worldreaver event, Lupus ended up in a coma and His Order was dissolved. He's still listed as one of the active Pantheon because there is an opportunity in future for someone to do an event around Lupus, but so far as Divine go that you can follow, offer to, and join an Order of, He's not one.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• There is no Order for Lupus, just a pre-order clan.

It's an empty godrole at present, so until a new god player fills it, it's unlikely to have much happen.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• @Kez would be a good person to talk to if you've got questions.
  • Senoske said:
    Lupus coming back would be AMAZING.
    Not while we have main storyline god roles dormant, imo.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Atalkez said:
    Senoske said:
    Not while Scarlatti is dormant, imo.
    Pretty much.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Atalkez said:
    Senoske said:
    Not while we have main storyline god roles dormant, imo.
    Agree.

There are a few places that seem to need some divine attention/participation rather desperately and have gone without for a very long time indeed...
  • I miss Lord @Scarlatti, and Lord @Phaestus. No offense meant, but I'd give up Lord @Sartan, Lady @Aurora, or Lord @Deucalion for either of them back. Of course, if all five were active, that would be a plus!
  • Faur said:
    I miss Lord @Scarlatti, and Lord @Phaestus. No offense meant, but I'd give up Lord @Sartan, Lady @Aurora, or Lord @Deucalion for either of them back. Of course, if all five were active, that would be a plus!
    I like the idea of the old gods coming back.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    COUGH
    @Neraeos
    COUGH

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • edited December 2016
    Prospero said:
    Senoske said:
    Faur said:
    I miss Lord @Scarlatti, and Lord @Phaestus. No offense meant, but I'd give up Lord @Sartan, Lady @Aurora, or Lord @Deucalion for either of them back. Of course, if all five were active, that would be a plus!
    Well greetings and salutations!
    Big P.  <3

It's been awesome seeing you back around. It's gotten quite the buzz in the Order.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Every faction has at least 1 active divine at this point, @Anaria. Not sure who youre referring to.
    Huh. Neat.
  • AereidhnaAereidhna Dallas
    edited December 2016
    Ahmet said:
    Every faction has at least 1 active divine at this point, @Anaria. Not sure who youre referring to.
    Last I checked, Ashtan doesn't.

Nvm, forgot @Aegis is patron now, I think.
  • Faur said:
    But then Mhaldor would be back to having zero active patrons. Not sure that would be beneficial.
  • Faur said:
    That's a weird statement given that the players behind the gods choose their roles. 

That would be like if you were told, upon character creation, that yes, we understand that you have the desire to play an Eleusian Druid who can often be found in his grove because even the village feels too civilized for him and you've thought this character out pretty well going into it, but we have enough forestals so instead you're going to be playing a Mhaldorian alchemist who really loves fighting because that's what we feel the game needs at the moment. 

• Senoske said:
    Prospero said:
    Senoske said:
    Faur said:
    Well greetings and salutations!
    Big P.  <3

It's been awesome seeing you back around. It's gotten quite the buzz in the Order.
    I like Prospero but if you refer to anyone other than Phaestus as Big P you're wrong.

• And if you refer to anyone as Big (whatever) you're wrong too.

Hail Sartan!

• I'm in the "order", and as was mentioned earlier, talk to Kez.
  • Cooper said:
    And if you refer to anyone as Big (whatever) you're wrong too.

Hail Sartan!
    Can confirm, took a mountain to crush His big ego.
    I've gotten excited several times when events happen.

But sadly

Huh. Neat.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Daeir said:

With an active Babel, every major theological faction would have a Divine driving the conflict. Might be Achaea's new golden age for a few months/years.
    Ftfy
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • On a related note: is there an easy way to find out which orders/gods are active?
    Liyane said:
    On a related note: is there an easy way to find out which orders/gods are active?
    Not really. All orders are active, though membership levels tend to drop off over time without an active divine. As far as divine go, you'll just have to ask around.

Off the top of my head, we've got Artemis, Prospero, Twilight, Sartan, Aurora, Deucalion, Aegis, Gaia, and maaaaaaybe Lorielan?
    Huh. Neat.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Apart from asking around, not really.

Some Orders are still able to induct despite not having an active Divine around, but there's a fair few without induction privs which is crippling on so many levels. It's hard to grow interest in Orders, especially the smaller ones, when progression is limited. 
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Sarathai said:
    There is no Order for Lupus, just a pre-order clan.

It's an empty godrole at present, so until a new god player fills it, it's unlikely to have much happen.

@Zaeden I was told this about.. seven months ago when I decided I want to become an Aegean. I suppose I got exceptionally lucky with the timing, but don't let it deter you.

My gut tells me that Babel or Lupus are the next god roles to be filled, now that we have Sartan and Twilight back. But I could be entirely wrong, it's just a hunch.
  • Kez said:
    @Zaeden

When Lupus fell into a coma, the Order was technically dissolved.
    There are no shrines. Only Rahum, as far as I know, is still able to offer to Lupus due to a kris.
    At first the Order attempted to continue by converting the OOC clan into the 'old order' to continue as a secondary order to him incase he returned and started a new one. Only one new member was inducted after that - Rispok, because he was so close already and we all loved him to bits, which is the nature of induction in the pack.
    When people try to join, I usually tell them it's not likely to happen because joining a used-to-be order with no patron just plain sucks and is not fair to them.
    Lupus can be visited and prayed over/to in the public area of the temple. You may find items left on the ground by those who miss him - please leave them there.

If you're more curious about before all of that, here is some information.

Leadership structure traditionally existed at three levels - one Alpha, one Beta, and three Elders.

While there was no official, set-in-stone alliance or rivalry, Lupus was partial to Phaestus. He was patron of the Arcanists, the Druids, and Oakstone. He was not fond of Agatheis.

The Lupine Pack would be the official, you-can-join-this Order, and the were-beasts in LHG were told to be his followers he bestowed his gift on for their prowess and loyalty, so they were considered to be his greater Order.

Grimaldrin was the Captain of the Werewolves, Lupus' personal hunting partner, and tutor and vendor to the pack. He died when Lupus fell. The Order's windcutter is named The Grimaldrin.

As far as I could tell, most thought of him as a forestal god, except the forestals. His place in nature was in the beasts. There are five beasts you can still find outside the grounds that he held close to his heart - a hunting cat named Archana that was given to him by the Arcanists, and four wolves in Northreach Forest (one each black, white, brown, grey).

His followers' goals were to take down the biggest and scariest prey they could, and often threw their lives at impossible odds just for the thrill of trying. He looked down on dragons and typically did not want them unless their love of xp didn't stop them from doing the hold-my-beer shit the rest of the pack did, like die 10 times in a row and keep going back for more. The difference between hunting and bashing was that bashing would give you levels and hunting was more likely to take your levels away.
    Kris's got reset during the last event so likely he can't anymore.
  • Aesgar said:
    Sarathai said:
    There is no Order for Lupus, just a pre-order clan.

@Zaeden I was told this about.. seven months ago when I decided I want to become an Aegean. I suppose I got exceptionally lucky with the timing, but don't let it deter you.

My gut tells me that Babel or Lupus are the next god roles to be filled, now that we have Sartan and Twilight back. But I could be entirely wrong, it's just a hunch.
    Unless it's changed, they don't assign specific God roles to Celani when they're ready to take one on, so there's no concept of any particular role being "next" to be filled. If the next volunteer decides they want to play Babel or Lupus, they'll be next. Otherwise they won't.