What was your most frivolous Achaea purchase?

Comments

• Is this same person the Keeper of Datrius Credits?
  • 3000 Wheel spins and no fairy wings.
  • Datrius said:
    Morthif said:
    Datrius said:
    Szanthax said:
    I wish we could see our full credit history
    Please no.
    Man I would be so sad. 
    A certain friend would demand to see it and then start yelling at me.
    They wouldn't need to know the command existed lol

• Aegoth said:
    Haven't regretted a single purchase I've made, and I have pretty much everything that's useful
    Hey, neither have I. My purchases were frivolous but I'm happy with them.
  • All of my artifacts ever.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    I have changed class 30 times but I guess if you mean purely frivolous I have spent tens of thousands of credits on things I haven't redeemed or even used. Custom subdivision entrance, outside of subdivision plots, custom descriptions, spending 200-250cr to buy minipets that I could probably have got for 50-100cr, buying housing upgrades, and artefacts for a lot of people that I barely talk to, especially novices that had only been logging in for a month and then would promptly disappear. Globes, wheel spins. I can't count the money I've spent on those but I did almost sink myself irl during a time when I had no disposable income, which I find hilarious in retrospect. 

I don't really regret any of the purchases I've made I just wish I had the planning and organisation to use some of them. Or people that were able to help me use some of them. Or novices that didn't go dormant.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • edited October 2016
    Daeir said:
    I bought an SoA. Then refunded it. Then bought it again. Then refunded it. Then bought it again.

I bought an Aldar talisman. Then refunded it. Then bought it again.

I bought a level 2 lash. Then refunded it. Then bought it again.

Class-hopping pre multiclass was a pretty soul destroying affair as far as value retention goes.
     Reminds me of Earionduil. Went Runewarden, dump about 900cr worth of comms into forging rapiers... Gave me them (2x 75/xx/245 unruned) for free when he gave up the class like a week later. Went Blademaster, got a lv3 band outright with cash, traded band in 2-3 days later to go back Magi.. Dicked around with that for like 2-3 weeks, went back to Runewarden and outright bought + customised 2 soulpiercers (rip his pink/baby blue foam/wood swords), traded them in not even 24 hours later... Did the same with 2 or 3 other classes.

Dat income.

Me? Not so much a purchase, but wasting ~3000 retirement credits on an alt that I stopped playing barely a week later, when it first became a thing.

• Probably the  ~15 class changes on an alt (Including serpent 3 times, monk and Magi twice) and the purchase of two transmutation gems on Sobby which I then traded in to buy other stuff.

Sometimes I cringe when I think about what I spent, other times I realise I was spending money on a hobby that I enjoyed at the time so shouldn't regret it

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I think the most frivolous thing I've bought would be either my cigar box or my drinking horn. I got an SoA and Wings, but those are useful tools, after all.

I do regret the class changes though, more than anything. As well as trading in my Runic Gauntlet and Painters Pallette (got both from when the Wheel first came out).

• Pretty much everything of mine from the 50 room mansion to buying the clan that owned the mitran temple so I could offically own the land, and pretty much every artefact I own that's been customized but I refuse to trade in even though they are defective now (two lvl3 longswords).  Ships, random shit,  I can't even guess tbh what's frivolous and what's not at this point
  • I got the baby goat minipet just so I could make the 'got my goat' pun non-stop.
  • @Milabar they might swap one of those longswords (or maybe both) if you do an issue me about it. They did that for people who bought weapons for old knight when they updated to weaponmastery.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Cooper said:
    @Milabar they might swap one of those longswords (or maybe both) if you do an issue me about it. They did that for people who bought weapons for old knight when they updated to weaponmastery.
    I believe they can be freely exchanged just the one time, but the syntaxes are somewhere in the Announce posts after the Weaponmastery changes were announced. After the testing period ended, knights had a single opportunity to exchange once more. The exchange would be to another weapon equal to the one you have, so Level 3 longsword to level 3 something else.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Man, where would I even start on this thread for frivolous purchases?

The biggest thing that comes to mind is probably my Chenubian wings that I escrow bid on and had to trade in 15k worth of artifacts for. Still no regrets about that but also still haven't replaced everything I traded in yet either.

Every time someone around me mentioned "I wish I had a X" and it magically appeared for them a few minutes later. Also I suppose the giftbag type promos that came around and I'd buy them for random people just because.

I once bought a plot of land in Ashtan for 5 million gold (Dunn talked me down from paying 20m for it because I wanted to boost Ashtan's coffers) and I ended up building a replica of Selene's Temple before they axed the extra/hidden rooms. At the time I had wanted to rebuild the Beloved library and have it accessible to people that were still interested in learning about Selene and her lore, and the library in the actual temple went byebyes when Selene did.

I had a lot of issues with the new customisation system when it was first released and people were doing unannounced ninja changes to submitted descriptions. I had a Logosian ring that I wanted to customise and every time the description would get changed on me, I traded the ring in and bought a new one and submitted that one for customisation because I didn't want a ring with a design that wasn't what I asked for even though paying 50cr to resubmit it probably would have been less expensive. Yay for disposable incomes, I miss having one.

(D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• You bought my veil.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    @Kyrra I wish I had a War Galley.
  • Kyrra said:

I had a lot of issues with the new customisation system when it was first released and people were doing unannounced ninja changes to submitted descriptions. I had a Logosian ring that I wanted to customise and every time the description would get changed on me, I traded the ring in and bought a new one and submitted that one for customisation because I didn't want a ring with a design that wasn't what I asked for even though paying 50cr to resubmit it probably would have been less expensive. Yay for disposable incomes, I miss having one.

oh my god

i'm a rebel

• Kyrra said:
     ...I had a Logosian ring that I wanted to customise and every time the description would get changed on me, I traded the ring in and bought a new one and submitted that one for customisation because I didn't want a ring with a design that wasn't what I asked for...

Meletus to Tecton: hey man, we getting xmas bonuses this year?

Tecton: dude I wish. the income just isnt there.

Deletus: lol o rly?

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Dunn said:
    You bought my veil.
    Oh yeah, the artifact cart! I bought that veil, and I also bought Santar a veil which made Bonko absolutely livid at the time. 

For other folks, I've paid for a level 3 BM band, a few SoAs, lots of shimmering inks for permanent tattoos, a package pet, the two veils along with gems because of the artifact cart bundles, a few bundles that was like 3 pipes and a crit pendant and something else, and I'm certain there's been a couple of level 1 belts too. I'm forgetting a lot more.

Krypton said:
    Ships are boring, sorry dude.

•  @Kyrra I wish I had a mask of lifevision. :)
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Sarathai said:
     @Kyrra I wish I had a mask of lifevision. :)
    You stole my essence!

• Kyrra said:
    Sarathai said:
     @Kyrra I wish I had a mask of lifevision. :)
    You stole my essence!
    ... I wish I had a phial of permanent ink?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    edited December 2016
    Kyrra said:
    Dunn said:
    You bought my veil.
    Oh yeah, the artifact cart! I bought that veil, and I also bought Santar a veil which made Bonko absolutely livid at the time. 

For other folks, I've paid for a level 3 BM band, a few SoAs, lots of shimmering inks for permanent tattoos, a package pet, the two veils along with gems because of the artifact cart bundles, a few bundles that was like 3 pipes and a crit pendant and something else, and I'm certain there's been a couple of level 1 belts too. I'm forgetting a lot more.

Krypton said:
    Pretty sure you gave me a hammer of forging.  Without question though I recall you sold credits once then offered the gold (at least 10 mill) as essence to Aurora.  
  • @Kyrra I wish I had a Kyrra
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Aegoth said:
    @Kyrra I wish I had a Kyrra
    Free spending Kyrra would make Credits For Sale Great Again.
  • Kyrra said:
    Dunn said:
    You bought my veil.

Krypton said:
    Greater vault and you almost didn't even know me.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited December 2016
    Probably the lvl3 bastard sword which most everyone told me I did not really need. Other than that, I love customising (and sometimes re-customising) everything I get my hands on, but I don't consider it frivolous as I actively enjoy having things with particular descriptions that fit my character.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Defffffffinitely veil.
    Huh. Neat.