Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

The Revelation

1747576777880»

Comments

  • ProficyProficy Member Posts: 419 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Kiskan said:
    If he can chase them down and take them out that easily alone (before people can arrive to help) they're not the right kind of friends and you are in the situation most people are actually in - can't kill the guy myself, don't have the right kind of friends.  And that is the situation where your best option, your only option really, is to do nothing and take it on the chin.  

    There's a threshold of artifacts/competence there, and if you don't meet that threshold, taking him down is sort of a trap.  You want to avoid the trap.  So if your friends can't actually beat him, they are pretty good at tanking/running/stalling/calling for help that can arrive quickly and so forth.


    Just saying more than, and actually WANTING to take people up on no arties fights. Since everyone seems to think they make a world of difference... Don't get me wrong, they do help but mostly for QoL.

    @Farrah is 100% right, everyone dies to everyone sooner or later, most fights aren't about who has the best this or that, but more or less who makes the first mistake. I do the basic kill strategies (only think outside the box for select players) and wait for my target to handle a situation wrong and capitalize on the situation then. Most people blame it on arties as a generic excuse, but if they understood the game mechanics and what it is there opponent is actually trying to accomplish. Arties can only help out so much

  • RyzethRyzeth Member Posts: 1,105 @ - Epic Achaean
    Proficy said:
    Just saying more than, and actually WANTING to take people up on no arties fights. Since everyone seems to think they make a world of difference... Don't get me wrong, they do help but mostly for QoL.
    Still remember the contract you had on me when I was still Ashtani.. Alch vs alch was damn close, I even remember us laughing about it afterwards... Fkn huskmaker op :(
  • VenderVender Member Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    not speaking oocly in party chat is something i still need to get used to and something I am starting to appreciate more since coming to achaea
    spread positivity
    AtalkezAhmetShirszaeTorinn
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna beMember Posts: 3,370 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited December 2016
    I assumed that phylacteries functioned similarly to quivers and decks. I was mistaken. Apparently when your phylactery decays, you lose all your shadows.
    Huh. Neat.
  • ZahanZahan ValhallaMember Posts: 203 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Ahmet said:
    I assumed that phylacteries functioned similarly to quivers and decks. I was mistaken. Apparently when your phylactery decays, you lose all your shadows.
    Hm, for me it was the opposite - I expected the shadows would escape, no longer having a special device containing them.
    Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna beMember Posts: 3,370 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Zahan said:
    Ahmet said:
    I assumed that phylacteries functioned similarly to quivers and decks. I was mistaken. Apparently when your phylactery decays, you lose all your shadows.
    Hm, for me it was the opposite - I expected the shadows would escape, no longer having a special device containing them.
    Well, obviously, if we're talking what should -technically- happen the shadows would escape. I just assumed, given the precedent of decks/quivers, that they'd stay but only be accessible with a phylactery.

    The artefact phylactery seems infinitely more worthwhile, now.
    Huh. Neat.
  • DunnDunn Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 6,323 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Saving for the artie phylactery ATM. 


  • AegothAegoth Member Posts: 2,925 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    artie phylactery very worth
  • FarrahFarrah Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 2,651 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    But when you buy it, you'll lose all your shadows again. Hf.
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 5,040 @@ - Legendary Achaean

    Not like regaining those five shadows you had before is a big deal.

  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna beMember Posts: 3,370 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited December 2016
    Antonius said:

    Not like regaining those five shadows you had before is a big deal.

    Ten!

    ETA: Unless ur a baddie who doesn't spec augmentation. :)
    Huh. Neat.
  • TydasTydas Member Posts: 232 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Just when you thought it was all over, they reel you back in...
Sign In to Comment.