Please add an option to make pets not drop on death/logout

Minipets have been in a ton of promotions over the last few years and rooms get absolutely flooded with minipets after every team fight. They clutter up QL and IH, and they have a lot of emotes. 

@Makarios @Nicola Can we please, please, please either make minipets not drop on death or at least add an option for it? Or an option to gag all minipets from everything, including ih/ql/dropping lines?

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/pVhtXBWr
https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/dn0W_-8S

i'm a rebel

Comments

• edited December 2016
    Let's not add an option for it, because we all know there's plenty of people who won't use it... Let's just make it so they don't drop on death, period.

Pls.
  • Tahquil said:
    Re-iterating pet-rift idea.

Pets are stored in a rift-like device. A person can only take 2-3 out at a time. If they want to carry around more at once re-purpose the SOW golden leash Item to allow +1 more pets out at once.
    Sure, let them do this.

But let's make them not drop on death too!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Didnt they say they were going to do something about it at some point in the relatively recent past? Or did I imagine that?

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena

pets
    You will now notice pets. Embrace Suffering!

pets
    You will no longer take notice of pets.

Plz and thx u.
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    just kill them

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Halos said:
    just kill them
    People get really mad when you do that for some reason.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• DId ya'll not see the fuckin shit-show that was "OH GODS THE FOG IS SPREADING FROM THE PASH FORTRESS!" ?

Like.  People kept spam dying.  We eventually just went on a mass murder spree of pets.  We had like 4-10 Cyrenians screaming "WHY IS SOMEONE KILLING MY PETS" and going on about how "THERE ARE OTHER WAYS AROUND IT!"

Just getting rid of pets dropping on death (which they really serve zero purpose in dropping on death, anyways) will save everyone a lot of hassle.  I'm also in favour of an "ignore the pets" feature because damn do I still lag/scream whenever certain people walk by me and I have a lag spike.
  • I feel like everything like  this will require major code rework..  that's why it hasn't been done yet. 

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Szanthax said:
    I feel like everything like  this will require major code rework..  that's why it hasn't been done yet. 
    Given the fact that some pets don't drop on death, I think its safe to assume that its a simple flag as to whether or not an item should drop on death. Just speculation, though.
    Huh. Neat.
  • I was able to issue myself to request my minipets not drop on death before, but it got reverted at some point. It seemed like a pretty simple switch, it didn't even cost anything. I'm not sure what making all of them not drop on death would involve, but it would definitely be worth it. 

i'm a rebel

• ZahanZahan Valhalla
    edited December 2016
    You guys are right - minipets didn't used to drop on death or logout.  You could get them fixed with an issue, and it is as simply as a variable change.  All of my [older] minipets don't drop on death.

So why hasn't it been done yet, if it's as easy as making the current pets the same as the previously-released pets?  Let me show you....

[spoiler]
    Stables (keyword: stables)
      * Allows you to STABLE <LOYAL> (be it mount, pet, or minipet.)
      * Mounts will no longer need or use food while stabled.
      * If the loyal resets, it will now reset to that room instead of your
        inventory.
      * You may UNSTABLE <LOYAL> to remove it.
      * 80 room credits.  (160 outside of a subdivision)

[/spoiler]

I guess achaeans just aren't into "playing house" as they once were.  In lieu of people not using the currently-available feature to stop minipet dropping on death, I strongly support the motion to stop the newly-released minipets from dropping on death.  In all honesty, you can't monetize everything - we do need some amenities for free - and this would be the perfect handout considering all the noise about it and the ease of implementation.

/2cents
    Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Honestly, if housing stables could be shared by more than just the owner, I would absolutely save up the ridiculous amount it would take in stone/wood to build it and stuff everything in there, and only just take out one mount at random intervals.

I am also all for the two above mentioned ideas too, but for me personally, it wouldn't even be a necessity if that bit of housing could get extended. :(
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • You missed a huge opportunity to Dr. Zeus that post.
  • edited December 2016
    green eggs and spam stormhammer
    spread positivity
  • Tahquil said:
    Re-iterating pet-rift idea.

Pets are stored in a rift-like device. A person can only take 2-3 out at a time. If they want to carry around more at once re-purpose the SOW golden leash Item to allow +1 more pets out at once.
    Oh, so Aetolia.
  • Aetolia has many problems. Petspam isn't one of them.
  • Tahquil said:
    Aetolia has many problems. Petspam isn't one of them.
    This is due to Aetolia having a pet dismiss/summon syntax. You're also limited to how many you can have out to 1 at a time unless you have the artie. Hence why I said what I said.
  • edited December 2016
    Because I can't edit my last post. HELP MINIPETS from Aet.
    As a sidenote, I want my minipets to be able to wander my house. Jealous. :(

23.3.3 MINIPETS

Minipets range from the ordinary, to the bizarre! While not having the full capacity as a proper pet, Minipets can still be just as much fun. 

Once items of Ankyrean luxury, Minipets will never die nor age due to the magics imbued within them.

Note: You can have as many Minipets wandering your house as you possess, but
          only one Minipet can be actively following you around the land. Minipets 
          may have their descriptions customized via the customization system.
          Naming one costs one thousand gold.

Commands:
    ---------

MINIPET LIST          - List all the Minipets you own.
    MINIPET SUMMON <pet>  - Summon forth your Minipets. 
    MINIPET DISPERSE - Send away your active Minipets. MINIPET DISPERSE ALL - Sends away ALL your Minipets. MINIPET DANCE [pet] - Your Minipet will do something playful. MINIPET SPEAK [pet] - Your Minipet will 'speak'. This is a predefined response. MINIPET GET - Bring your Minipet into your inventory. MINIPET FOLLOW [pet] - Order your Minipet to follow you. MINIPET WANDER - Let your Minipet wander your house. NAME <pet> <name> - Give your Minipet a unique name! Costs 1000 gold. Wandering --------- If you are lucky enough to own a house (HELP CASTLES) then you can let your Minipets wander around it using MINIPET WANDER when you have that Minipet summoned. A Minipet that is wandering your house does not count as an active minipet, and as such you may summon another. The list of all minipets can be found in HELP MINIPET LIST See Also: HELP COINARTIFACTS, HELP IRONCOINS, HELP CASTLES, HELP PETS, HELP HOUSE MOBS
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    She's played Aetolia, hence why she suggested it.

Great idea, I think. I'll stop short of making a "my immersion!" argument, but the number of characters carrying around a zoo with them at all times has definitely contributed a goofier element to an arguably serious atmosphere, on top of all the mechanical reasons to do this. (e.g. crashing people's clients on death.)
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Aerek said:
    She's played Aetolia, hence why she suggested it.

Great idea, I think. I'll stop short of making a "my immersion!" argument, but the number of characters carrying around a zoo with them at all times has definitely contributed a goofier element to an arguably serious atmosphere, on top of all the mechanical reasons to do this. (e.g. crashing people's clients on death.)
    Yep same. (Only reason I know of it).

Seriously though, the pet spam is insanity. Especially with the current event going on and everyone dying it's a billion pets everywhere you look. Can't even tell where mobs are or what is there.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    @Senoske I think at one time you could actually pay to do that, have minipets made resetting to your house or to wander around but I'm unsure if it's possible anymore since they bought out the servants.

I have a paddock at my Tundra estate that I want to have my fawn made resetting to, and I want my tundra wolf pup to wander around the outside rooms, and the seal pup to hang out at my frozen pond. The only reason why I kept these minipets instead of redeeming them.

@Nicola could you confirm if that's possible, please?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."