Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Achaea is life

BleakBleak Member Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
Hey guys,

In August it is exactly 10 years since I started playing Achaea. Since then Achaea has been a huge part of my life. I got a fun story to share. 

So my main character Bleak started out in Mhaldor. But being the bad guy wasn't really my thing. So Bleak moved to Ashtan and the Ashura. There he met a boy named Thi. Bleak and Thi fell in love. It was a homosexual relationship, while in real life, I am hetrosexual. But it was in line with how my character rolled so I went with it as well. Fun RP stuff out of my comfort zone. For a few in game years we played together until one day Bleak and Thi got married. 

Quite soon after the marriage Thi said he had to talk to me OOC. This was quite a rare thing to happen with him, so I knew it was serious. He told me he had been lying a little to me. IRL he was actually a she. And Marianne (the player behind Thi) told me she lived in Switzerland. That is only a few hundred kilometers away from me. So one day Marianne came to Holland. We fell in love all over again and after about 8 years we got married again. But this time it was actually legal.  

So Achaea did not just bring me fun for many years. It also helped me find the love of my life. Through a bloody text game... How amazing is that? 

And a while ago we found out something even more amazing. As the title says... Achaea is life.

There is also bad news. I am not allowed to name my first child @Sarapis.  :(
AhmetAesiRohaiShirszaeSzanthaxXadenTaarkosShimiMishgulEdenaKeorinNikholExelethrilGreysTrillianaSobriquetJadysZaynTeshaAerekArtemisTorinnMorthifTydasAesgarSiduriSkyeWillTzondBlujixapugAntidasSarathaiAnedhelHuraiNataliiaNicolaRangorKayeilMindshellAlrenaAsmodronAbhorashAereidhnaKhaibitKresslackSherazadAetheleEborHalosBorranAveriTarausLisbethaeDaironZekerosNylianSarflusTolanOceanaAziikXenomorphMakariosMathildaAileaFaurHalstadCaelanFrederichLoalaineKorbenIniarKyriellaPrytheDortheronEheneSenoskeValariaLeinadNatAchillesNyneve

Comments

• AesiAesi Member Posts: 1,222 @ - Epic Achaean
    I mean @Tecton was the clear choice anyway.

Congratulations!
  • TaarkosTaarkos Member Posts: 39 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Congrats!  =)
  • EdenaEdena Member Posts: 65 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Omigosh congrats! =)
  • BleakBleak Member Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Sorry. English is my second language. So who is your wife then?
  • BleakBleak Member Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    I am currently routing for Xenomorph. Boy or girl. But Thi seems a little underwhelmed. 
    MishgulCaelan
  • XadenXaden Member Posts: 2,315 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Naturally...cos nature... I get it
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• AustereAustere TennesseeMember Posts: 2,341 @@ - Legendary Achaean
      All the years I've played and Thi is seriously still one of my favorite characters.  Hands down best mentor and advisor, both rl and ic, that I ever had.  Congratulations!(name it after my rl, regardless of sex)
    BleakTrilliana
  • RohaiRohai Member Posts: 451 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Rohai's a good name... gender neutral-ish? :#
  • KasyaKasya TennesseeMember Posts: 657 @ - Epic Achaean
    Congratulations!
  • NataliiaNataliia Member Posts: 385 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    That's awesome! I met my SO in IRE (Imperian, not Achaea) but it's pretty amazing how little text people can influence us and become friends, lovers, partners... 

Congratulations. :)
  • AlcreadiaAlcreadia Member Posts: 21 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Congrats, Bleaky!

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United StatesMember Posts: 6,336 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    That's pretty incredible how that worked out, and congratulations on the new addition to the family! Maybe one day, when everything is all VR, you'll dust off a laptop and show them where it all started.

Nylian
  • IsrayhlIsrayhl Member Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    You went and got yourself hitched to a missing Sutherland. 

By the way, congrat to you, Bleak. Awesome story and g'luck with the kiddo! 
    Ahmet
  • MagentaMagenta EuropeMember Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Congrats, Bleak. Hartelijk gefeliciteerd and all that. :)
    Bleak
  • JonathinJonathin Grand Rapids, MIMember Posts: 3,330 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Bless you.

My site will remain up, but will not be maintained. The repository will continue to have scripts added to it if I decide to play another game. Maybe I'll see you around in Starmourn!
    Tutorials and scripts  The Repository

• AsmodronAsmodron Member Posts: 3,114 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ah the spawn of a rival, the plot thickens 

But in all seriousness, congrats

IniarBleak
  • KhaibitKhaibit Member Posts: 376 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    That can't be your baby. There is a distinct lack of hair!

FaurMishgulTrilliana
  • JonathinJonathin Grand Rapids, MIMember Posts: 3,330 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Dem eyebrows gonna be majestic

My site will remain up, but will not be maintained. The repository will continue to have scripts added to it if I decide to play another game. Maybe I'll see you around in Starmourn!
    Tutorials and scripts  The Repository

MishgulCaelanTrilliana
Sign In to Comment.