Black Friday/Cyber Monday Scores

2»

Comments

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Puxi said:
    Amanu said:
    Puxi said:
    Who plays FPS on Consoles, GAWD! @Dunn pls :(
    The ones who prefer having their hands in one spot that's about 6 inches or so rather than all around scattered on a keyboard attached to a box that may not even support awesome games and cost twice the price of a box that's made for awesome games with the added benefit of being on a screen of twice the size(Unless you're one of those weirdo's who uses a PC in the living room attached to the tv). :astonished:

Though it never stopped me from having a gaming PC and consoles. :grin:

Why would you choose to game on a platform with worse performance and have clunky controls (dual joystick wtf?) that aren't nearly as precise. I just don't understand console gamers!
    I know, right? Who plays on a poorly performed, ungodly priced PC. Should get a PS 4 or Xbox one. So much better for the price. 

Joking aside, having had consoles since I was born, I'm just used to console gaming using a controller over a keyboard. Keyboard playing is clunky to me and all the equipment and upgrades prices required for good PC gaming compared to having a console that never needs upgraded, unless you're one of them 'gotta have the latest model PS 4/Xbox one' types, for so much longer just sounds silly.

• Amanu said:
    Puxi said:
    Amanu said:
    Puxi said:
    The ones who prefer having their hands in one spot that's about 6 inches or so rather than all around scattered on a keyboard attached to a box that may not even support awesome games and cost twice the price of a box that's made for awesome games with the added benefit of being on a screen of twice the size(Unless you're one of those weirdo's who uses a PC in the living room attached to the tv). :astonished:

Why would you choose to game on a platform with worse performance and have clunky controls (dual joystick wtf?) that aren't nearly as precise. I just don't understand console gamers!
    I know, right? Who plays on a poorly performed, ungodly priced PC. Should get a PS 4 or Xbox one. So much better for the price. 

Joking aside, having had consoles since I was born, I'm just used to console gaming using a controller over a keyboard. Keyboard playing is clunky to me and all the equipment and upgrades prices required for good PC gaming compared to having a console that never needs upgraded, unless you're one of them 'gotta have the latest model PS 4/Xbox one' types, for so much longer just sounds silly.
    I have a gaming rig and an xbox, and 9 times out of ten, I'd rather use the Xbox for any game except Achaea (and gta5, cause the mods are sick on pc) .
  • Austere said:
    Amanu said:
    Puxi said:
    Amanu said:
    Puxi said:

I have a gaming rig and an xbox, and 9 times out of ten, I'd rather use the Xbox for any game except Achaea (and gta5, cause the mods are sick on pc) .
    B-Team.

• Dunn said:
    Feels more like an interactive RPG to me. We've been on a break since we had a particularly rough game in my group... someone pirated someone else and jettisoned all of their fuel in the middle of space. One mosey at a time to civilization!

its about time to dust it off, though. The set we play with includes all of the expansions so the table required to play keeps getting bigger... #CyberMondayIkeaSale
    That's essentially my strategy. More often than not I end up with the Artful Dodger and crew up to be a hybrid pirate/bounty hunter crew.

• edited November 2016
    Dunn said:
    What'd you get? Most of my friends have the games we play regularly (Firefly, Coup, Pandemic, etc), but I've been slowly adding them to my shelf too. 
    You have the Firefly board game? A friend of mine is looking at buying some expansions to it, specifically the one that apparently adds Reaver space and bounty hunters/pirates. Are they worth it, or is there another expansion that's better?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Sarathai said:
    Dunn said:
    What'd you get? Most of my friends have the games we play regularly (Firefly, Coup, Pandemic, etc), but I've been slowly adding them to my shelf too. 
    You have the Firefly board game? A friend of mine is looking at buying some expansions to it, specifically the one that apparently adds Reaver space and bounty hunters/pirates. Are they worth it, or is there another expansion that's better?
    Totally worth it, IMO. You can probably go without the ship expansions, but they add a little variety to the game as well.

• edited November 2016
    Completely worth it imo. The expansions that add parts to the map are awesome, and I think you would be safe with any. They all add a good amount to the game. 

• VanVan
    edited November 2016
    I bought an ACER XG270HU 1440p 144hz 27" monitor for $350...a week before Cyber Monday.  I guess it was technically the same price yesterday as it was last week, so I still saved $150.  Now it arrived and it's so bright that I have to keep the brightness setting to 15/100 or lower - even for Achaea.  Wut.  Next is to upgrade the GPU unnecessarily to an equally priced card to get the most out of the monitor.  

No regrets.

• I got an excellent nap, after studying intently for these end of year projects and exams. I'd take a nap over new stuff.

• Cyber Monday deals on Amazon ftw!

That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Thats actually a super good deal if thats good-quality rope.
    Huh. Neat.
  • I joined some friends and opted outside for Black Friday and had a wonderful time.
  • Nicola said:
    I joined some friends and opted outside for Black Friday and had a wonderful time.
    What is this "outside" you speak of?
  • ZahanZahan Valhalla
    edited November 2016
    Puxi said:
    Nicola said:
    I joined some friends and opted outside for Black Friday and had a wonderful time.
    What is this "outside" you speak of?

I heard it has terrible graphics.

I myself opted was forced to fix a broken water heater that day.  Not a single part or tool I needed was on sale.  Oh well.
    Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • Speaking of Firefly... won my first game of it with my usual group. 

• Battlestar Galactica will always hold #1 Board Game for me.
  • We have a date for that next Tuesday, actually. The last time we tried to play it we got drunk and couldn't figure it out haha.

Buddy of mine also got secret Santa'd Pandemic Legacy so we will be playing that as well. I played Risk Legacy with a group last year and I wholeheartedly recommend it for anyone that has a steady gaming group. 

• Every time I've played the BSG board game I have been a Cylon and wound up screwing over my fellow players.

On the bright side, I was the President, Admiral, and both President and Admiral in said games.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Screwing over my fellow players is my favourite part of the game. :naughty:

Last game I played, I was a Cylon Leader. And I literally screwed over everyone at different points of the game - humans and cylons.
  • I'm Gaius as president. 

Am Cylon. :)

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Dunn said:
    I'm Gaius as president. 

Am Cylon. :)
    Never played the boardgame, but being a huge fan of the show, the irony/amazingness of this statement is not lost on me. Wreck 'em.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Am I really the only one that used the 30% discount on credits to get a level 3 arti-weapon?
  • Level 3 anything is borderline regret territory IMO. 

Also so my fellow cylon and I won BSG. First time we've ever finished that game. Ended up putting our three human players in the brig and slowly whittling down their food while they struggled to get out of the brig (they never did after they got in).