Disown - Command/Artie?

Alright, so, this comes out of a personal request more than anything. I utterly hate what Candace has done to Senoske's bloodline and birthed from that I've always wanted an artie or a command to completely disown a person to remove them from your bloodline. Rather than showing their name it could say <Redacted> or whatever. Either way.

I'm sure I'm not the only one wanting to have someone completely scrubbed from their line. I feel like I have to bloodline show everyone I meet to make sure they aren't somehow related to me. Last thing I want is my character in game suddenly fall for someone then somehow someone traces it back and it's like "Oh... We're related. Ew."

Idea for artifact:
A Declaration of Disownership - 100cr

Using this declaration you can Sever someone permanently from your bloodline. This will cause the person to no longer show up on your bloodline or will show them as <Redacted> on the persons bloodline in their parents slot.

Comments

• Would make mudsex easier
    Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!
  • Has been shot down how many times now?
  • Morthif said:
    Has been shot down how many times now?
    You... Stop dashing my hopes!
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    From an RP standpoint, this makes next to no sense. Given that it's an entirely RP-based system, I'd say that means it's probably not going to happen.
    Huh. Neat.
  • considering that RL noble familes of olde used to do exactly this, your "RP standpoint" makes next to no sense
    No. The bloodline system isn't about succession or recognized heirs, the bloodline system is a registry of biological relatives, nothing more. Cast them out of your family, disown them, do whatever you want  rp-wise, but they're still biologically related to you. That's a permanent decision, and every step of the bloodlining process emphasizes that fact.
    Huh. Neat.
  • It's all fine and great for bloodlining. Until someone you adopted suddenly decides to adopt -59- children.
    Except the bloodline system isn't for adoptions. Its blood relatives.
    Huh. Neat.
  • We have tsol'teth terminus shit now.

We can literally eradicate that person from your bloodline with genetic manipulation.

What up
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Something like this would be interesting, but yeah, it has been denied before. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• edited December 2016
    I don't like the idea of being able to pick and choose your children after you've bloodlined them. There is the big warning that bloodlining is permanenet irrevocable, as well as bloodlining someone is a recognition of blood, not adoption. I'd go for a 10mc SOW item that obscures your bloodline like to the obscuring of your divorce records. 

Activated, someone using BLOODLINE SHOW TAHQUIL will have a line saying "Tahquil Maris, Hedgehog of the Valley has sealed away the pages of her Bloodline from public perusal."

However, if someone uses BLOODLINE SHOW AUTIO, even though I obscure my own bloodline I will still show I'm his mother.

Because baby, blood is hard to get out and to get of.
  • I wouldn't mind something that can obscure your bloodline for you personally, sort of like Tahquil's idea, but I agree that there shouldn't be anything that can erase/remove it. It's who you are biologically related to. If somebody you bloodline then suddenly decides to go and bloodline dozens of people, then that's up to them.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Wasn't there an auction item that already did this?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• There is a problem in that I can bloodline people without a father, without the mothers consent.......
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Yeah, someone mentioned that to me the other day, and it should not really be possible for a child to basically grab someone on their own and have them bloodline them without the other parent having even any idea or input on it.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Rangor said:
    There is a problem in that I can bloodline people without a father, without the mothers consent.......
    I feel like this is one of those things that makes no sense at all from an RP perspective, and yet needs to remain as it is for the sake of game mechanics. Who you want your text-family to be should, in the end, be up to the newbie who's joining said family. Like Skye said above, people can get charmed into making a potentially bad decision, and allowing a parent to dictate who the other parent can and cannot be essentially removes all decision capabilities from the newbie and forces them to go along with w/e the other parent wants, no matter what that is.

Not to mention a situation where maybe parent1 goes dormant, and now child is unable to ever even have a parent2.

There's just too much power in the parent being able to have the ability to say "no, s/he can't be your parent because I don't agree with it" imo.

• edited December 2016
    Yeah, no.

It SHOULD require an okay from the first parent because bloodlining a new parent says something about the first parent. Specifically, since bloodline is strictly related to biological blood relations, it says "Hey these two people had a biological kid". That's something that they shouldn't get to write into the first parent's history. 

I'd rather have the parent with the ability to say "No, she can't be your mother" than the child with the ability to say something like "Oh, 20 years ago you fucked the Tyrannus of Mhaldor and had his illicit love child, just wanted to let you know that."
  • Rangor said:
    There is a problem in that I can bloodline people without a father, without the mothers consent.......
    What about if its mother was really one of those mingruk women, but you dun killed 'em after they gave birth, then took its baby.

:o dark
  • Antidas said:
    Rangor said:
    I feel like this is one of those things that makes no sense at all from an RP perspective, and yet needs to remain as it is for the sake of game mechanics. Who you want your text-family to be should, in the end, be up to the newbie who's joining said family. Like Skye said above, people can get charmed into making a potentially bad decision, and allowing a parent to dictate who the other parent can and cannot be essentially removes all decision capabilities from the newbie and forces them to go along with w/e the other parent wants, no matter what that is.

Not to mention a situation where maybe parent1 goes dormant, and now child is unable to ever even have a parent2.

There's just too much power in the parent being able to have the ability to say "no, s/he can't be your parent because I don't agree with it" imo.
    So, essentially.  So long as we get ONE PERSON to say that they're you're parent...

The child can now (and should be allowed to) go ask anyone else to be your other parent.

Farrah x Proficy lovechild?  A-Okay.

Antidas x Taraus?  Perfectly reasonable.

Etc, etc, etc.

That isn't okay, nor is it good RP.  Don't even act like it is.  The issue, therein, comes from parents going dormant, in which case... Sucks to be that parent, let the kid issue to have it done or somefin.
  • Frederich said:
    Antidas said:
    Rangor said:

So, essentially.  So long as we get ONE PERSON to say that they're you're parent...

The child can now (and should be allowed to) go ask anyone else to be your other parent.

Farrah x Proficy lovechild?  A-Okay.

Antidas x Taraus?  Perfectly reasonable.

Etc, etc, etc.

That isn't okay, nor is it good RP.  Don't even act like it is.  The issue, therein, comes from parents going dormant, in which case... Sucks to be that parent, let the kid issue to have it done or somefin.
    That's probably why he said RP-wise it's nonsense but mechanically it's probably necessary.

I know, I know, reading is hard.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• It's only mechanically necessary to (continue to) allow people to do something they don't need to, and definitely shouldn't, be able to do. In other words, it's not mechanically necessary. At all.

If you want two parents, pick two people at around the same time who are happy to say "Yes, I had a kid with this other person." If you can't do that, accept that you're only going to have one person listed on your bloodline. Or just continue on as normal, because I imagine changes to the bloodline system are near the bottom of the list of things that are going to get attention.
  • What Lusternia does is that both parents have to consent being being the parents of an offspring, but there is a period -- I'm not sure, I want to say 1 IG year -- that the other parent can CONFIRM the bloodlining, in case they all can't be online at the same time. Will that fix the issue?
     <3 
  • Rangor said:
    And the other way around... things to do today: bloodline Tenchu, Kairon, Padron, Tek, Timux.
    You're not my baby daddy, baby daddy.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited December 2016
    I do want to add that for a great majority of us (now in our 300s-200s IG years), we played during a time when older players like Beldaran and Candace basically treated having children like collecting pokemon and a lot of these new players had no idea what they were getting into. I actually suicided my first character because I got blindly talked into getting bloodlined to a complete stranger who probably spammed BIRTHDAYS every day to see who turned 20.

They eventually had to implement a change in the bloodline system to stop people from bloodlining more than one child per year as a result but the damage was already irrevocably done and now half of Sapience is related to the other half. It's not even six degrees of Kevin Bacon anymore, it's more like three degrees of Beldaran.

• Antidas said:
    Rangor said:

I like having the power to decide who Antidas has been boinking in secret. WHO WILL IT BE? :open_mouth:
  • Bloodlining one person because they paid me credits to do it when I was desperate for credits is one of the worst decisions I've made while playing Achaea. At least once a week I'm reminded of it, and I'd do just about anything to undo it.