Water walking and currents.

This has probably already been posted but, if you're wearing water walking boots, the currents shouldn't carry you away. I mean, you're walking ON the water. Same with mass. You're super heavy so the currents shouldn't budge you.

Comments

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Or at least give us an equivalent of brooch of the tempest for rivers.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Senoske said:
    This has probably already been posted but, if you're wearing water walking boots, the currents shouldn't carry you away. I mean, you're walking ON the water. Same with mass. You're super heavy so the currents shouldn't budge you.
    It's like a conveyor belt!
  • edited December 2016
    Ahmet said:
    Or at least give us an equivalent of brooch of the tempest for rivers.
    New logosmas item!

Brooch of coal!
    When wearing this item you will not be carried away by the currents of rivers.

30 canes.
    Bam.
  • edited December 2016
    Non-Logosmas name: Brooch of the Salmon ?

Edit: It should also work for those waves that sometimes move you around on the ocean.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Brooch of the Rapids? Also, zero reason for it to affect random ocean movements.
    Huh. Neat.
  • I kinda like it...

walk to the river source
    dor gather clay
    profit
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Xaden said:
    I kinda like it...

walk to the river source
    dor gather clay
    profit
    Remove da boots and don't be massed. Still enjoy your dor. Victory.
  • Or give more delay on the current currents?
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Tahquil said:
    Or give more delay on the current currents?
    Even this would be a good alternative to what's currently in place. Or make it a percentage based chance whether the current carries you away or not.

• Being a fricking dragon should be enough not to wash you down stream. I'm a giant lizard, this puny current shouldn't make me flow along like a log flume

• Clearly we just need to dam up the things. #ScrewNature

<3 
  • Mathilda said:
    Clearly we just need to dam up the things. #ScrewNature
    Effigy-leeching traitor.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Sarathai said:
    Effigy-leeching traitor.
    I have sipped the Darkness Kool Aid! Hail Hashan!
     <3 
  • Agreed that there should be some skill or some skill based percentage chance of not being washed down/away. And it seems to not respect groups?

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• No. If you walk into a river with people, you will be ripped apart. :tired_face:
     <3 
  • I like the current. Without something like that rivers are just a different kind of road.
  • Nazihk said:
    I like the current. Without something like that rivers are just a different kind of road.
    This isn't a topic about removing them. This is a topic about mechanics that would make sense to not get carried away by them.
  • When you make an effect relatively trivial to ignore you are effectively removing that effect
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Rivers are stupid. 99% of the time, I'm floating in the air over the river so no currents should touch me but no, being a floating, omnitrans, artied, dragon doesn't mean anything vs the oh-so-powerful river.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • edited December 2016
    Nazihk said:
    When you make an effect relatively trivial to ignore you are effectively removing that effect
    So you want to keep an effect that makes zero sense in the world it's in? Just because you would be nullifying the effect?

Walkin over slugbeast lair, like a boss(Ah, the good days when this used to actually kill people). Oh crap here comes a river, woosh.

It would still be plenty of a newbie trap, as are many other "effects" in this game.

I also hope you swim everywhere.
  • edited December 2016
    Jonathin said:
    Rivers are stupid. 99% of the time, I'm floating in the air over the river so no currents should touch me but no, being a floating, omnitrans, artied, dragon doesn't mean anything vs the oh-so-powerful river.
    well, I also find it weird that levitation didn't stop you from falling into river. :D Also you will be still required to swim despite having a levitating effect. :D:D:D

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.