Grammar Pet Peeves

1235»

Comments

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Reviving this thread because oh my god verbal hesitations in written communication make me want to murder a child.
    Huh. Neat.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Even when our written communication is meant to emulate verbal communication, making vocal and non-vocal pauses completely legitimate given the nature of the medium?
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
    Aerek said:
    Even when our written communication is meant to emulate verbal communication, making vocal and non-vocal pauses completely legitimate given the nature of the medium?
    Nono, says/tells/chans are fine. News and letters aren't.
    Huh. Neat.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Though frankly, splitting the hesitation into its own tell, and only making your point in a separate tell 20 seconds later, is equally dumb.
    I was moreso referring to vocalized pauses, things like 'ummm' and 'uh...'

Dunno, just annoys the hell out of me.
    Huh. Neat.
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    edited December 2016
    Ahmet said:
    I was moreso referring to vocalized pauses, things like 'ummm' and 'uh...'

Dunno, just annoys the hell out of me.
    Ah, then that's slightly different. Overuse of that is annoying, just like they would be in a real life conversation, and they are less necessary to convey tone because they're usually sounds that you make to fill the silence, which in (written) text isn't necessary.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs