The Revelation

Comments

• Daeir said:
    I really wish city leaders/council/ministers had the ability to duck rolepoints sometimes.
    I promise not to go mad with power if this becomes a thing.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• You know what, @Daeir? Let's make a new organization. One with a strict RP standard, a very defined endgame, and a reason for all of Sapience to stand in abject horror at the thought of the new organization winning.

Tlalaiad's first act as an infant God is to raze Hashan and siphon off the Wellspring, establishing a glorious metallic labyrinth that is equal parts fortress, city, shrine, and weapon against Sapience.

With a chorus of innumerable voices, Tlalaiad echoes across Sapience.

"Your walls are impressive, but your bricks weak. Your armies are strong, but your soldiers cowardly. Your truths inviolable, yet each one flawed. Your dominions unassailable, yet headed by an imperfect leader.

The individual begets chaos, suffering, pain. The collective does not. Abandon your self. Become the Meld. Come to Us, Sapience, and partake of Creation, of Divinity. Join your voice with Ours, and We shall remake Sapience to its original glory."

Let's do this.
  • Calyn said:
    You know what, @Daeir? Let's make a new organization. One with a strict RP standard, a very defined endgame, and a reason for all of Sapience to stand in abject horror at the thought of the new organization winning.

Tlalaiad's first act as an infant God is to raze Hashan and siphon off the Wellspring, establishing a glorious metallic labyrinth that is equal parts fortress, city, shrine, and weapon against Sapience.

"Your walls are impressive, but your bricks weak. Your armies are strong, but your soldiers cowardly. Your truths inviolable, yet each one flawed. Your dominions unassailable, yet headed by an imperfect leader.

The individual begets chaos, suffering, pain. The collective does not. Abandon your self. Become the Meld. Come to Us, Sapience, and partake of Creation, of Divinity. Join your voice with Ours, and We shall remake Sapience to its original glory."

Let's do this.
    Love this! 10/10 would murder.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Daeir said:
    I dig it. Poor Hashan though.
    They get their factional darkness class, though. Just pull every DW to the new city because surprise, everybody thought the tsol'teth would let you have something.
  • edited November 2016
    Please, Eleusis/Nature already aims to destroy ALL the cities!
  • Rangor said:
    I always figured that Cyrene would be the city most likely to wage war due to copyright infringement, but if Eleusis wants to do so, summon the Battle Lawyers, cry Objection and set loose the Issues of War.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Calyn said:
    Rangor said:
    I always figured that Cyrene would be the city most likely to wage war due to copyright infringement, but if Eleusis wants to do so, summon the Battle Lawyers, cry Objection and set loose the Issues of War.
    Just another day upon this teatime battlefield.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Calyn said:
    You know what, @Daeir? Let's make a new organization. One with a strict RP standard, a very defined endgame, and a reason for all of Sapience to stand in abject horror at the thought of the new organization winning.

Let's do this.
    There are two reasons why allying with the Big Bad Guy doesn't work. This is Reason #1. They don't need us at all and adding Hashan to their forces would literally weaken them. Blow up Hashan and take the Wellspring, sure. That would be a good move. Take in the Hashanites? Awful move. Terrible. Gains them nothing. Weakens their unity and their overall capability. No reason at all for them to do it. Does nothing but add Hashanites to their forces and Hashanites are insignificant as a force.
  • What! I will cut you @Nazihk! Fite me.

<3 
  • Daeir said:
    I'd honestly adore an Achaea that was more heavily mandated/restricted in terms of RP limitations. Things have very little weight these days with people flagrantly broaching into OOC stuff without thinking about it. The MSC has highlighted this really well - Cyrene is INFAMOUS for it.
    I only joined Cyrene recently, but I have not seen much OOC stuff on channels or in Says. A few tells here and there, yes, but always identified as such, with gentle feelers first.

Folks who speak/ask about something OOC in the wrong place are directed to the right place fairly quickly, and with few exceptions nicely, and even those questions are always related to game mechanics or skills - the latter being a natural conversation in a City, depending upon how asked.

"I was just killed by a Slug."
    We come back to life in this world, would we not tell our mates that happened?

"Somebody tried to steal from me."
    "Were you being as selfish as you could be?" 
    Also appropriate, I think, and phrased well. 

I don't see anybody talking about the Football season, or whether we can/should burn a flag (seriously - news - I play Achaea to not think about some of this stuff!).

Personally I feel I am very consistent within my character, and have been for well over a decade, being part of the lands when I am there, that being my "world" when I am present.

(See? I won't even say "Logged in" here!)

Heck, I talk to denizens as I fight with them, even though we have done that same dance of death tens of thousands of times.

In the real world you would where the server room was, or what virus protection is being used, or the best places to eat near the office.  None of that is out of place in a bustling city.  We do much less IG that I can see.

The oddity is that we are not all standing in the same place, and we are able to speak with everybody at once, which makes it seems less real a "conversation." That's always been an issue in Achaea. But honestly, I find the mostly silence on City/House channels to be less representative of how folks in the real world interact, than more so - and believe that while we would all find "more chatter" annoying, at best, that would be more realistic.

Maybe I just don't understand what others see as OOC, and ask in all sincerity what I am missing. What do folks see as OOC on City and House channels that happens often enough to be the practice, rather than the exception.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Mhaldor has one of the richest roleplaying environments in the game still to date. To state that individuals would be docked roleplaying points for transgressing against it is quite laughable. It is true that we have our individuals that do not see the point in roleplay just as well as in other cities; however, as a whole Mhaldor's culture and dynamics do call for an intensive roleplay atmosphere far greater than any other city than I have played in. (Which essentially is all of them) 

• Ailea said:
    Mhaldor has one of the richest roleplaying environments in the game still to date. To state that individuals would be docked roleplaying points for transgressing against it is quite laughable. It is true that we have our individuals that do not see the point in roleplay just as well as in other cities; however, as a whole Mhaldor's culture and dynamics do call for an intensive roleplay atmosphere far greater than any other city than I have played in. (Which essentially is all of them) 
    It would seem like @Daeir just takes shots at Mhaldor whenever possible on the forums, so I don't know if I'd delve too deeply into that comment :)
  • I think it was just poking fun, though I could be wrong and he might hate you all.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Daeir said:
    I really wish city leaders/council/ministers had the ability to duck rolepoints sometimes.

That being said, Mhaldor would be fucked if this was the case.
    Before I respond, is this one of those asshole comments you make but then say was a joke when you get called out on it? 

• Saying any of the cities are an insignificant force is rather wrong (except Cyrene, unless it is a CTF).

As for Tlalala, he will most likely just be the "new Slith" villain whom will appear from time to time with a big scheme. I also theorize the possibility of his shrines (the shrines of the meld) appearing from time to time and releasing tide. Could be interesting.
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    edited November 2016
    Mhaldor has a lovely RP environment. Daeir's probably referring to Proficy, as Proficy tends to be kind of a dick to people in the opposing factions on an OOC level. Maybe it's just to Targ players. Idk.

Not like Targ hasn't been there before tho. Glass houses and all that.
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • The Master shrines of the land react not to the completion of their last.

Boom
  • I snicker softly at people scrabbling for extra splinters in the hope that they just needed to extra-complete shrines (some of whom told me that was exactly why they were doing it, but not naming any names).
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Welp... One major theory out the window

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Pfff. At this point, splinters just mean pits. It's either get pitted or gather splinters!
  • Asmodron said:
    Saying any of the cities are an insignificant force is rather wrong (except Cyrene, unless it is a CTF).

As for Tlalala, he will most likely just be the "new Slith" villain whom will appear from time to time with a big scheme. I also theorize the possibility of his shrines (the shrines of the meld) appearing from time to time and releasing tide. Could be interesting.

I should have bet on this...

The Genesis bids you watch. You cannot help but obey and bear witness to the actions of Tlalaiad.

Before the approving gaze of her God, Ama-maalier raises the Master shrine to the Genesis.

A rush of power ripples across Achaea as the network of Divinities is finally made whole.

• Can't emote as a soul.  If you died in a gank or something or just in some way that was silly.  I'd be fine if the person went lol.

Simply because lol is literally an emote that should be doable (though not spammable) as a soul.

PS: Finally the splinter war is over.

Now to The Revelation 2: LOGOSMAS COMING
  • edited November 2016
    Splinter War to shrine war. Personally, I'm glad people don't have further reason to four city squad up :)

need to get all of my people t shirts that say "I survived solo in the great splinter war of 2016"

I had a blast tho

• Dunn said:
    Splinter War to shrine war. Personally, I'm glad people don't have further reason to four city squad up :)

need to get all of my people t shirts that say "I survived solo in the great splinter war of 2016"

I had a blast tho
    I'd wear it.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Since there apparently isn't a thread about the new shrine changes: Can we get the rules clarified on when, exactly, you're allowed to attack Order members when you're defiling a shrine? We all know that the new requirement to use a player corpse is going to result in an increase in attacking/ganking Order members as soon as they arrive at the shrine, so let's clarify whether or not it's allowed right from the start.
  • Antonius said:
    Since there apparently isn't a thread about the new shrine changes: Can we get the rules clarified on when, exactly, you're allowed to attack Order members when you're defiling a shrine? We all know that the new requirement to use a player corpse is going to result in an increase in attacking/ganking Order members as soon as they arrive at the shrine, so let's clarify whether or not it's allowed right from the start.

If you couldn't attack them before you can't now. "I want your corpse" is about as valid as if you wanted it for a truename or soulspear (i.e. its not).

• Daeir said:
    Proficy has barely any IC/OOC divide, yeah. I have enough lines of "The soul of Proficy says, "Lol"." in my logs to fill up a thread on its own.

Rest of Mhaldor is perfectly fine though. Better than fine actually, I'd agree wholeheartedly with Ailea's call on it being more RP-heavy and enforced than other cities. Which is a good thing.
    Soo.. i am 100% in character. As i have and will always be exactly who i am. Its you flip flopping fakers who act one way when you arent who may have this issue. 
    And i find it hard.. extremely hard that Daeir is trying to call me out on this when i am constantly getting messages from him //asking me for shit he needs in game.

And i about me loling as a soul.. i wiuldnt have too if you could emote as a soul. But since it IS something you can do in achaea as a mechanic pretty sure nothing wrong with it... 
  • There's everything wrong with it. Being able to emote as a soul doesn't make any sense for the majority of them, and isn't an excuse for saying things that come across as totally OOC.
  • Proficy RP's.

Had a contract, offered to duel it out at NoNT. Naturally, I just barely got to Cadmus before I died horribly, he rezzed me and told me that it was impressive that I accepted the challenge.

He's a good guy. A++ would be hired on again.