Black Friday/Cyber Monday Scores

So... what'd everyone get? Anything awesome?
Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud

Comments

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    A black Super Mario edition of the normal-sized New Nintendo 3DS for $99 (sold my old 3DS XL a few months ago), a 3DS screen protector for 63 cents, and a Dia & Co styled box try-on for only $1.

All purchased online - to hell with running around that mess in person.

Was pondering getting some $15 3DS games but that didn't end up being on the cards this go-round, though I might try and get the re-released Animal Crossing 3DS game during the holidays sometime.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Klendathu said:
    A sense of smug satisfaction that I didn't buy anything I didn't need or want, just because it was cheap. Horrible, horrible "tradition" the UK has tried to import over the past few years.
    ^This

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • I got in many hours of game time at home
  • I picked up Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 for $60 total. Wanted to get them both anyways, and couldn't pass up 50% off on each of them.

• Antidas said:
    I picked up Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 for $60 total. Wanted to get them both anyways, and couldn't pass up 50% off on each of them.
    Looking for BF1 friends on PC!
  • Where'd you find BF1 50% off? See 33% on origin 

• I bought these last night, but not for Cyber Monday. Pretty pumped on trying this mouse out: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012B6XWA0 and needed a new QcK Pad: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000V7ARAU
  • Picked up $160 worth of board games for $100 on Amazon. Decent deal, and now Christmas presents for the GF are accounted for!
  • What'd you get? Most of my friends have the games we play regularly (Firefly, Coup, Pandemic, etc), but I've been slowly adding them to my shelf too. 

• Dunn said:
    Where'd you find BF1 50% off? See 33% on origin 
    Bestbuy, I think they probably still have it up, mine gets delivered tomorrow
    Puxi said:
    Antidas said:
    I picked up Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 for $60 total. Wanted to get them both anyways, and couldn't pass up 50% off on each of them.
    Looking for BF1 friends on PC!
    I got it for PS4, sorry :(

• Who plays FPS on Consoles, GAWD! @Dunn pls :(
  • I got a tablet (been wanting one for about two years) for $100 off, so that was nice. Now I can still play Achaea when I go on vacation back to the States in a couple weeks! Half-assed Achaea playing, but, it's something. 
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • I'm still looking for a good, minimalist turntable deal. If anyone sees one, let me know. I'm a fan of Rega's, Denon, and Teac.

• Grossssssss

• Dunn said:
    What'd you get? Most of my friends have the games we play regularly (Firefly, Coup, Pandemic, etc), but I've been slowly adding them to my shelf too. 

I got Five Tribes, Trickerion, and an X-Wing miniatures core set. We've been buying and playing games for about a year now. Current favorites are Alchemists, Terra Mystica, Caverna, Tzolk'in, man I could go on forever.

We've got a local comic book store that hosts game nights every Monday and Friday, and we've got a friend we also play with on Tuesdays and some Thursdays. We're in deep, man.
  • It's a pretty slippery slope when it comes to buying board games... a few of the people I play with have rooms dedicated to only board games and they frequent conventions. 

• Dunn said:
    What'd you get? Most of my friends have the games we play regularly (Firefly, Coup, Pandemic, etc), but I've been slowly adding them to my shelf too. 
    That board game is tits, but I find it easy to dwarf the other players with certain strategies.

• Trey said:
    Dunn said:
    That board game is tits, but I find it easy to dwarf the other players with certain strategies.

Thematically its a solid game, but I always felt like each player was playing a single player game on a shared board.
  • edited November 2016
    Feels more like an interactive RPG to me. We've been on a break since we had a particularly rough game in my group... someone pirated someone else and jettisoned all of their fuel in the middle of space. One mosey at a time to civilization!

its about time to dust it off, though. The set we play with includes all of the expansions so the table required to play keeps getting bigger... #CyberMondayIkeaSale

• Dunn said:
    Feels more like an interactive RPG to me. We've been on a break since we had a particularly rough game in my group... someone pirated someone else and jettisoned all of their fuel in the middle of space. One mosey at a time to civilization!

its about time to dust it off, though. The set we play with includes all of the expansions so the table required to play keeps getting bigger... #CyberMondayIkeaSale

I didn't realize that you could pirate/jettison other's cargo. I know you can hire crew from them, but didn't know about the other. That definitely could make things more interesting!
  • I  bought a new  video card to see of that fixes my computer :(

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    I bought some fruit and a gallon of milk at the emptiest store I've ever seen on black friday. Does that make me a 1447 pr0 13v31 sh0pp3r?
    Huh. Neat.
  • I was thinking about doing a board game night once a month or something with friends. Since there seems to be a decent board game following here, what would you say your current top 5 games to play are?
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena

• Puxi said:
    I was thinking about doing a board game night once a month or something with friends. Since there seems to be a decent board game following here, what would you say your current top 5 games to play are?
    Keep in mind that I really prefer games with minimal randomness and things like cards in hand. I love games where everything is on the table and all players have equal opportunity ( in the sense that RNG isn't favoring anyone), and my list definitely reflects that.

1) Alchemists
    2) Caverna
    (3) Tzolk'in
    (4) Trickerion
    (5) Puerto Rico

Honorable mentions: Terra Mystica, Star Wars Rebellion (only one play, but loved it), and completely not in keeping with the disclaimer above, but 7 Wonders is an excellent card-based game.
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Puxi said:
    Who plays FPS on Consoles, GAWD! @Dunn pls :(
    The ones who prefer having their hands in one spot that's about 6 inches or so rather than all around scattered on a keyboard attached to a box that may not even support awesome games and cost twice the price of a box that's made for awesome games with the added benefit of being on a screen of twice the size(Unless you're one of those weirdo's who uses a PC in the living room attached to the tv). :astonished:

Though it never stopped me from having a gaming PC and consoles. :grin:

• Amanu said:
    Puxi said:
    Who plays FPS on Consoles, GAWD! @Dunn pls :(
    The ones who prefer having their hands in one spot that's about 6 inches or so rather than all around scattered on a keyboard attached to a box that may not even support awesome games and cost twice the price of a box that's made for awesome games with the added benefit of being on a screen of twice the size(Unless you're one of those weirdo's who uses a PC in the living room attached to the tv). :astonished:

Though it never stopped me from having a gaming PC and consoles. :grin:

Why would you choose to game on a platform with worse performance and have clunky controls (dual joystick wtf?) that aren't nearly as precise. I just don't understand console gamers!
  • Puxi said:
    I was thinking about doing a board game night once a month or something with friends. Since there seems to be a decent board game following here, what would you say your current top 5 games to play are?
    I've only played it a couple times, but I loved Arkham Horror.