The Revelation

Comments

• @Makarios If I may ask then, are we headed towards the Splinters being done and the "spark of life" restored to completed shrines?
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I spent most of the event getting lagspikes and dcing, so I eventually gave up and went to bed.  :(

• Skye said:
    I spent most of the event getting lagspikes lapdances and dcing dicing, so I eventually gave up and went to bed.  :(
    I'm jelly!

If only lol

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Ya know, these Tsol'teth give horrible experience and gold. Especially for a place where you have to tumble every minute or so.
    Huh. Neat.
  • I'd be very curious to hear about other possible endings, but I totally understand if admin would rather not due to spoiler effects for future possibilities.

i'm a rebel

• Makarios said:
    Datrius said:
    @Makarios So I'm guessing we should prep for month 3 of the event?

We'll have event posts up once they're all written and such, but I'm fine noting that the big part of the event is wrapped up. Obviously, you've not seen the last of the Tsol'teth (and their new god!), but you guys did a great job in the Underrealm and got all the barriers up, so the Tsol'teth at least are much more limited in most cases now.

The Tsol'teth are very much an ongoing antagonist - their roster is very, very scary.

You guys did very well though, we were expecting one of the worse endings at a couple of points in the fighting earlier!

Will we be able to go past the barriers and poke around some more soon? Apparently there were many places people didn't reach.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• I do love these predictions. A+ for effort
  • Calyn said:
    I don't think they'll nuke any organization after what happened to Shallam.

That said, I'd be completely down for joining the tsol'teth and adding my voice to the choir.

What is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? What is a thought, compared to a mind?
    Yes, fucking yes.

Daeir said:
    By the way, you can sub Aurora/Deucalion for each other freely in my prediction. One of them is going to eat shit. I can just feel it.
    I think that if they catch a whiff of this post, you'll be the one eating shit <3
    Huh. Neat.
  • I really do regret that no side seriously attempted to join the tsol'teth in this event.

I'm allowed to dream, but was that ever on the table, @Makarios?
  • Daeir said:
    There is no greater love for a character than to want to see them die a most glorious, heroic death.

Which is exactly what I see when I picture Deucalion fighting the many-armed meld-god, the Divine Conflagration searing the surroundings with an incredible heat, Caefir fighting as wraith-like apparitions of ash surging around inside His aura, their souls linked to the flame, as the servants of the Genesis guard themselves against the flame with the full power of the meld.
    But the Genesis has eight arms to hold you.

Or, in Deucalion's case, eight arms to hold buckets to dowse Him.
  • I just had a glimpse of the Achaean gods doing the ice bucket challenge.
  • Calyn said:
    I really do regret that no side seriously attempted to join the tsol'teth in this event.

We'd have rolled with it if someone had come up with something to offer, but the reality is there's very little that the Achaean population could offer the Tsol'teth that they couldn't just take.

• Daeir said:
    Especially given Hate-chan just fuckin' reaming Parni.

As if Gattan'bahar wasn't enough of a femme fatale on her own.
    @Daeir, you don't need a Gattan'bahar figurine. You need a Gattan'bahar dakimakura.

• Makarios said:
    Calyn said:
    I really do regret that no side seriously attempted to join the tsol'teth in this event.

We'd have rolled with it if someone had come up with something to offer, but the reality is there's very little that the Achaean population could offer the Tsol'teth that they couldn't just take.

The tsol'teth remind me of the Auditors of Reality: Incredibly powerful, but woefully shortsighted and reliant on group supervision to ensure a carefully ordered plan involving far too many chaotic elements.
    Calyn said:
    Makarios said:
    Calyn said:

The tsol'teth remind me of the Auditors of Reality: Incredibly powerful, but woefully shortsighted and reliant on group supervision to ensure a carefully ordered plan involving far too many chaotic elements.
    The big difference here being that that Auditors were still subject to certain rules that can prove fatal if broken. The Tsol'teth aren't really answering to anyone and the Gods seem to content to let them whatever they like (heretical or no) without intervention.

Perhaps, this implies that the Gods themselves are subject to some sort of rule (or maybe they haven't particularly cared until the Tsol'teth wheeled out their FrankenGod) and we are all their Susans.

• Makarios said:
    Calyn said:
    Makarios said:
    Calyn said:

In all fairness, noone expected the deSangre inquisition.

Can you answer my question now?

:D

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Daeir said:
    Here's my predictions for what's gonna go down:
    [stuff]
    I think there is a new round of org consolidation coming, but this time they will be moved around and absorbed/merged into a new configuration instead of simply coming to an end.
  • If the Tsol'teth race was introduced, it would have to come with some restricted RP guidelines...which naturally our playerbase will not follow :/ .
  • Yeah, plus it will be hard to be a tsol'teth when they are wiped off the map :tongue:

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Asmodron said:
    If the Tsol'teth race was introduced, it would have to come with some restricted RP guidelines...which naturally our playerbase will not follow :/ .
    This ain't Lusternia, you know. :D

• Asmodron said:
    If the Tsol'teth race was introduced, it would have to come with some restricted RP guidelines...which naturally our playerbase will not follow :/ .
    I'd see the tsol'teth as being analogous to humans as far as stats go.

A: Depthswalker can use every stat in the game effectively.
    B: The tsol'teth have a known history of genetic alteration--let them emulate the stats of any other race before specialization.
    C: Racial identity is hubris and self-superiority, so I don't see any Achaeans ever having a problem with this.

It's actually pretty simple. Release tsol'teth as a playable race, everyone swaps over, voila, tsol'teth dominate Sapience.
  • I think I would make a pretty canon Tsol'teth as Tahquil.
    Daeir said:
    I'd honestly adore an Achaea that was more heavily mandated/restricted in terms of RP limitations. Things have very little weight these days with people flagrantly broaching into OOC stuff without thinking about it. The MSC has highlighted this really well - Cyrene is INFAMOUS for it.
    Lets discuss issues and bugs on CT more, not less, please. My immersion relies on it.
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited November 2016
    Ahmet said:
    Daeir said:
    I'd honestly adore an Achaea that was more heavily mandated/restricted in terms of RP limitations. Things have very little weight these days with people flagrantly broaching into OOC stuff without thinking about it. The MSC has highlighted this really well - Cyrene is INFAMOUS for it.
    Lets discuss issues and bugs on CT more, not less, please. My immersion relies on it.
    Now now, let's not forget the ones (note, plural) who were copy/pasting the thing with Slith/Thoth as it happened onto CT. Entirely word for word, whenever a new message popped up. Or the ones who copy/paste tells... Not paraphrased, literally the entire thing: <insert dragon TELLs line> tells you, "You are a bumbling idiot for copying this entire fucking thing." ... Onto CT.
  • Daeir said:
    I really wish city leaders/council/ministers had the ability to duck rolepoints sometimes.

That being said, Mhaldor would be fucked if this was the case.
    Only if ministers can actually dock city leaders.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Daeir said:
    I really wish city leaders/council/ministers had the ability to duck rolepoints sometimes.

That being said, Mhaldor would be fucked if this was the case.
    ...What if I told you it was one or two particular Ministers who were the ones doing it..?