Dungeons and Dragons: Roll20

So a couple years ago I almost got to play some D&D, but the group I was invited to never made it past the character creation phase and alas, I didn't get to play. I found a site tonight called Roll20 that seems pretty legit for hosting online D&D games and I was wondering if anyone would be up for playing. Doesn't matter what your experience is, vets can teach us noobs and us new players can learn together.

Comments

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    edited November 2016
    I think @Tahquil and a few others used to play there. I recall Santar DMing a game or two for folks.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• roll20 is great.

I'd be keen if the timing suits my backwards Aussie timezone.
  • The times (in your time assuming you are in the same time zone as Sydney) I would hope for would be either 5am or 2pm. Those are about the two times that fit around my courses and work. Could go as late as 5pm or so your time as well.
  • I'm in Brisbane time, so no DST. 2pm+ on weekends would be fine for me, I think.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    I'm in the U.S. but could do 2pm+ your time as well, Thursday-Sunday. Would enjoy getting more DnD experience and getting familiar with roll20.

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Which edition are we talking about here?

• Amanu said:
    No idea, I've never really played before, it is just something that has always interested me. The closest I came was creating characters for Pathfinder.
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Elsam said:
    Amanu said:
    No idea, I've never really played before, it is just something that has always interested me. The closest I came was creating characters for Pathfinder.
    That's based off 3.5 DnD

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    I live in Central US and would love to play online. Just can't play on Saturday because that's the day I normally play DnD in person. Like today. Muhahaha

• Well I am totally for a sunday night game.
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Sounds good. Now roll initiative!

• Hope you guys will be OK with teaching me how to play! I have always had an interest in D&D but I have never actually played before!
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Best to find a pdf/book for the edition you want to play first and glance it over. 

So what version are we going with? I've only played a very little bit, but can read up what's necessary.

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    3.5 is my suggestion but we'll need someone to be DM. @Sarapis is the best one I know for that but he's been doing about five campaigns. Might be too busy. 

• Honestly, I will take Amanu's suggestion, 3.5 works for me
  • Kresslack said:
    So what version are we going with? I've only played a very little bit, but can read up what's necessary.
    Elsam said:
    Hope you guys will be OK with teaching me how to play! I have always had an interest in D&D but I have never actually played before!
    Take a look at the 3.5 SRD at http://www.d20srd.org/. It should cover pretty much everything you need to know.
  • edited November 2016
    You gonna get in on this @Nazihk ?!
  • No, the timing doesn't work out for me.
    Nazihk said:
    Kresslack said:
    Elsam said:
    Hope you guys will be OK with teaching me how to play! I have always had an interest in D&D but I have never actually played before!
    Take a look at the 3.5 SRD at http://www.d20srd.org/. It should cover pretty much everything you need to know.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Going to give that a read over tomorrow when I've a moment.

• That SRD isn't as nicely set out as the Pathfinder one :anguished:
  • Can someone clarify the times on this? I'd love to play if there's room, but I can't quite make out when the times are supposed to be.
  • I cast magic missile at the darkness .... ... and I'm done :P What? I just wanted to cast magic missile at the darkness.
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
    Keorin said:
    Can someone clarify the times on this? I'd love to play if there's room, but I can't quite make out when the times are supposed to be.
    Nothing has really be confirmed or set up past the general discussion, as far as I know.

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Might help to set up a skype group or something like those lines to coordinate better. Atleast with that, we can see how many are willing to be in the group.

• Depending on the time, I might be game! I haven't played as a PC in aaaages :D 
  • We seem like this is a bunch of players with no DM, though, which is something of a problem towards getting a game off the ground, heh.
  • Oh, um. I can run it, I suppose, depending on if people are around with my whacky schedule. Only thing is, if I'm running, times'll probably end up being a little weird!
  • A giant MIGHT is in the air, but if my job search continues to be as fruitless as it has been for a while, I would be willing to both play in a game, or DM for a small group (4-6).  Most of the source material I wrote up for it is 4E specific, so whoever's down with that is who can message me here for details.

• So, to be clear, if anyone wants to play at 9-12 AM CST Tuesdays through Fridays, I'm game, we can have two games a week to compensate for short sessions rather than one huge chunk. For you GMT types, that'd be 1500-1800! Send me a PM if you're interested, we can see if there's enough to set something up?