Artefact questions and discussion

Comments

• Arador said:
    Runies actually make rapiers hard to balance. 10 points in speed makes one hell of a difference when you start nearing the upper end. SP is pretty meh for an Infernal trying alternative break strategies, while they are great for Runies because of the higher speed and chance to chill. And do not say Frenzy. In a long duel against someone decent you will just end up burning your essence away trying different break methods. I would gladly give up frenzy for permanent smaller speed boost. Basically with runes around, trying to balance weapons us going to be a massive PITA.
    What speed stat (pre-runing) would you roughly say is the beginning of trouble territory? 
  • Anything above 235 is damn good. With runes that is pretty easy to reach and beat.

• And once you get to 239 it just becomes silly.

• edited December 2012

Good to know.  I got my current rapiers "off the shelf".  I did shop around a lot, but their stats are awfully impressive, other than the 146 being a bit low for to-hit, which a rune easily compensates for.  That seems to be another key thing about runies - for better or worse, we can make what would otherwise be a fast, but worthless weapon work (especially by boosting a low to-hit, and to a lesser degree by making weak damage good enough). 

my rapiers (unruned)

82     146    227      

78     154    227      

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    those are pretty good rapiers.  Just wield the better to hit on the left.

And yes, Runies have the advantage of being able to "fix" the shortcomings of some rapiers.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    So do shamans. Sort of.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Ring of flying or gem of cloaking? I have a flying, collared mount and spurs already.

• Lyr said:
    Ring of flying or gem of cloaking? I have a flying, collared mount and spurs already.
    Raiders will tell you ring of flying. Bashers will tell you gem.
  • Iocun said:
    Iocun said:
    Mizik, that doesn't make any sense.
    I had to read your previous post like four times to derive any meaning from it. I wanted you to suffer the same fate times 911.
    Keresis is gone. Revenge should be a thing of the past. Let her rest in peace.
    But Peace is gone too. D:
  • @Lyr:
    You know the answer. There will be no regret.
  • Merry Christmas, @Tanris --

You are wearing:
    ... a ring of flying.
  • Tvistor said:
    Now you can mourn how linear priest combat is in the air.
    I'm just going to classlead a whole bunch of stuff so I can get mocked on the forums. Preferably some of the classleads still listed go through (namely, a smite+prone as thought up by Tanris in classlead #211).
  • too many people blowing their own bugle here :/

Jarrel-smalljpg

• I think we've all made artefact wishlists and talked about sort of arties we would like to have and fantasized...
    Leave the kid alone 

Jarrel-smalljpg

• Ok, so I have about $200 to spend on Achaea, and I'm not sure what I want. I can spring for the sash and collar package, which would only really help Thurisaz and dragon incantation afaik, or I could upgrade my bow to level 2 and be a month away from making it level 3. Any suggestions?
    You have elite?

8 months of elite beats credit package.
  • edited December 2012
    Yeah, I have elite.

Also, I'm a sucker for utility, so if y'all have any suggestions on useful stuff I may not have, please fire away. On that note, how useful is shrouding or life vision?
  • Just get Lupine. No regrets.
  • Between @Garrus, @Mizik, and a non-Achaean friend, I decided to go for the lupine. Thanks, guys!
    can't go wrong with a lupine.  Might not get as much use for it in Cyrene though (hint hint).
  • Yeah, join Mhaldor.

• Achilles is right, join Mhaldor.
  • Ring of flying or Buckawns Amulet?

I have a flying mount and swiftmount.

• Iocun is a genius.
  • HhaosHhaos Cortland, Ohio
    Okay aside from a Ring of Flying what should I be shooting for in terms of next artefact/upgrade? Have:

Lvl 2 Bow
    Hammer
    Lvl 2 sipring
    Lvl 2 bracelets
    lvl 1 belt
    lvl1 crit pendant
    SoA
    Quiver
    Pipes
    Pack
    Collared mount

16 str and 17 con in lesser
    upgrade to lupine, level 1 health regen level, 1 mana regen rings
  • HhaosHhaos Cortland, Ohio
    are the rings really that noticeable though? I was planning on bow but not sure if it was something I wanted to do right away or not
  • I think a level 1 health regen is equivalent to a boar tattoo.  Which stacks with an actual boar tattoo.

Or maybe un-boosted Monk regeneration.