New and needing a cure system for Nexus

So, I'm up to lvl 50 now as a Magi and mostly manually curing or using a few aliases. I haven't started any form of PVP at all yet and now I'm wondering how to compete. I hear there are systems out there and I'd like to find one...not being too good with scripts, myself.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd love you for it.

Comments

• NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    I'm not certain what curing systems are still being maintained for Nexus (or the flash client, for that matter). But, there are a couple of free systems for Mudlet.

Let me hunt up a couple of links for you.
    edited September 2012
    Let's see ...

You can find Mudlet here:

There is SVO, which costs a little more than $20:

Carmain (aka @Mishgul) has a system which he will be releasing free, shortly:

However, in the meantime, you may want to take a look at the 1.0 version of omnipave, which is already free:

Cheers,
    Nizaris
  • Thanks a ton. I took a look at Mudlet today...and since I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to scripting, especially in Mudlet's complicated language, I'm going to just add bits at a time and transition slowly over from Nexus.

I haven't a clue how to even configure the free version of Omnipave, so its a process of slow learning I suppose.
    @Miralath: Looks like Carmain just started hosting the free version of Omnipave 3.0, complete with handy instructions on getting everything installed.

Hope that this helps!
  • Thanks a bunch! I also tried Vadi's free autosipping script for nexus but its a bit buggy. Need to ween myself off of Nexus anyhow.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Best way to switch to Mudlet from any client is to just jump right over and struggle a bit. The old forums (if they're still up) have all sorts of examples by a bunch of coders and the Mudlet forums are full of people more than willing to help. You should also join the Mudlet clan which is full of people that are very willing to answer questions.

To get started, I'd suggest going to youtube and looking up Vadi's "Nexus to Mudlet" videos. You can youtube "vadi nexus" and it should pop up in the results. Then check out the Mudlet Manual and just read slowly through the basics and work yourself up in difficulty. There are obviously some things that will be difficult to understand at first, but we're a community and there is always someone willing to help.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Ended up with Omnipave, which is working great. I'm still learning how to script in Mudlet but things are going smoothly.
  • edited September 2012
    - nevermind Jonathin already covered mudlet clan.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    ;)

Miralath said:
    Ended up with Omnipave, which is working great. I'm still learning how to script in Mudlet but things are going smoothly.
    Glad things are working out for you. I'm moving into a new apartment today (with internet, thank god) so if you have any questions regarding tidbits of code, I have been known to help out or at the very least point you to someone with the ability. I am not known for writing an entire script on demand though, just ask Triak (although I'm still trying to figure it out, if not just for myself.)
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.