How did I not know this?

Comments

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I still fire up BG2 every now and again...

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Icewind Dale is where I got my character name from in my teens. Also really enjoyed the portrait work that went into those games.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    That's really a thing?

Dang. The more you know.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Cold damage is modified too, but I'm not sure by how much (I can use firewalls to check fire damage, can't think of a way to self-inflict cold damage).
  • @Sena do flooded rooms provide any change to this?
  • Being in water doesn't change the damage, only being underwater (where you need pear/calcite to breathe), so no.
  • Sena said:
    Cold damage is modified too, but I'm not sure by how much (I can use firewalls to check fire damage, can't think of a way to self-inflict cold damage).
    Get someone to freeze you and wait for the cold damage procs? I assume those are cold type damage
  • Sena said:
    Being in water doesn't change the damage, only being underwater (where you need pear/calcite to breathe), so no.
    Mage classlesd new ability!
  • As I suggested a ways back, we need an OLDBIE channel for old people coming back.
  • Van said:
    I was only able to hit 40 by the time I turned 18.
    Wait, turned 18? What?
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Van said:
    I logged on yesterday for the first time in a few years.  I was amazed to find that my house no longer existed, Shallam had become Targossas(?), most of the other houses in Mhaldor are gone, Sartan is back, there's a new class that was released not 2 weeks before I randomly decided to log in, and literally everyone on the forums is a dragon (WTF).  I saw an 18 year old in Mhaldor yesterday who is like level 80 already.  I was only able to hit 40 by the time I turned 18.  I have a bunch to catch up on.
    Welcome to a fully mapped, autowalkable, publicly available gmcp auto bashable, elite membership mineral xp boosted, denizen hp and xp boosted, hugely expanded world!

People with enough free time can easily coast into Dragon in their 20's.
  • In fact the auto-basher is so good I wish the admins would just implement it serverside already. It pretty much just turns Achaea bashing into a DIKU mud-esque situation where you just type kill or whatever and then go back to watching TV until the room is dead.
  • Andre said:
    In fact the auto-basher is so good I wish the admins would just implement it serverside already. It pretty much just turns Achaea bashing into a DIKU mud-esque situation where you just type kill or whatever and then go back to watching TV until the room is dead.
    The admin are completely against automation, even this limited form of auto-bashing. If they catch you not paying attention to the game while hunting like this, you'll be decorating their yard. Absolutely no way they implement it in-game.
  • edited November 2016
    Tydas said:
    Andre said:
    In fact the auto-basher is so good I wish the admins would just implement it serverside already. It pretty much just turns Achaea bashing into a DIKU mud-esque situation where you just type kill or whatever and then go back to watching TV until the room is dead.
    The admin are completely against automation, even this limited form of auto-bashing. If they catch you not paying attention to the game while hunting like this, you'll be decorating their yard. Absolutely no way they implement it in-game.
    There isn't a snowballs chance in hell the admin don't know about this basher and that most anyone using Mudlet is using it.

That being said I have a laptop that I hook a 32 inch hd tv into as a dual monitor when I dock it and could effortlessly respond to an admin afk test because I am not afk. Besides, the only hard rule I've ever heard regarding automation is to not be afk. It doesn't auto walk either, which honestly I don't see why it would matter if it did so long as you are not afk. However, I could see the dislike for an auto walk aspect by most and understandably so.

edit:

Implementing this serverside would be another reason to make the new and improved Nexus client more appealing.
  • Technically the rule is "If you CAN walk away and your shit can keep on going. Don't do it"
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    To get back on track....yesterday I mentioned how forgetful I am and was advised there is a REMINDER system. Well then...that's pretty amazing.

• Omor said:
    Van said:
    Wait, turned 18? What?
    There used to be a way to generate a 17yo character. Or maybe he meant 19 and typed 18.
  • There still is, as far as I know. If your character is created on the 25th of Mayan their age is initialised as 17 rather than 18.
  • As far as I'm aware, you still can be 17. Just need to make your character on 25 Mayan.
  • Andre said:
    Tydas said:
    Andre said:
    There isn't a snowballs chance in hell the admin don't know about this basher and that most anyone using Mudlet is using it.

That being said I have a laptop that I hook a 32 inch hd tv into as a dual monitor when I dock it and could effortlessly respond to an admin afk test because I am not afk. Besides, the only hard rule I've ever heard regarding automation is to not be afk. It doesn't auto walk either, which honestly I don't see why it would matter if it did so long as you are not afk. However, I could see the dislike for an auto walk aspect by most and understandably so.

edit:

Implementing this serverside would be another reason to make the new and improved Nexus client more appealing.
    Do, uh...do you just mean DOR command on svof? Cause thats what it sounds like, and I'm not certain I'd go so far as to call that an auto-basher.

• Antidas said:
    Andre said:
    Tydas said:
    Andre said:

edit:

Do, uh...do you just mean DOR command on svof? Cause thats what it sounds like, and I'm not certain I'd go so far as to call that an auto-basher.
    I meant Keneanung's script which was in her signature link the last time I checked.

DOR used to be the ish though pre-battlerage when combined with another publicly available targeting script like this one http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/1501/denizen-targeting-script.  

I know it's a broad statement to say most anyone using Mudlet uses that or a similar script. However, I do think that most anyone who proactively looks for certain types of scripts can find them with little effort. 

----------------------------------------------------------------
    In other news

I did not know until a few days ago about the DIRECTORY <ITEM> command that can be used in an area when shopping. This has changed my life!
  • edited November 2016
    I don't use automation for my bashing except for rare instances of targeting - four at last count.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Omor said:
    Van said:
    Wait, turned 18? What?
    Yeah, I meant 19.  Can't edit it now.

• Van said:
    I logged on yesterday for the first time in a few years.  I was amazed to find that my house no longer existed, Shallam had become Targossas(?), most of the other houses in Mhaldor are gone, Sartan is back, there's a new class that was released not 2 weeks before I randomly decided to log in, and literally everyone on the forums is a dragon (WTF).  I saw an 18 year old in Mhaldor yesterday who is like level 80 already.  I was only able to hit 40 by the time I turned 18.  I have a bunch to catch up on.
    If you don't know about it yet, you can retire old characters now and start fresh on another IRE mud or same game with a new character. Some of those 18 year old players were really oldies with a shit-ton of credits that they moved to an alt and thus had many lessons and artefacts help them get to where they are. Just look at HELP RETIREMENT to learn about it ;)
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    - The world messages given by Divine zaps are now coloured according to severity.
    I always just thought they chose their favourite colour. Idk why this is somehow disappointing.
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited November 2016
    Andre said:
    That would be wrong.

A side by side window with a book reader however...

I might sometimes try to sneak in reading a line or two. 

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it