New Class

Comments

• Atalkez said:
    Shadowmancer
    I'd say Edgelord works better, but Apostates exist.
  • Nevren said:
    Any word on whether or not str not affecting bashing attacks was a bug?

Makarios said it was being looked into.
  • Awesome, I must have missed that. Thanks!
  • ZahanZahan Valhalla
    Nevren said:
    Awesome, I must have missed that. Thanks!
    I missed it too.
    Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • I think the better question here is when scythe's are going to be sheathable.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Keorin SHADOW BANISH/MANIFEST SCYTHE
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    SHADOW BANISH/MANIFEST SCYTHE
    That would only be a suitable alternative if it was balanceless.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited November 2016
    So, out of curiosity, what's the point of being able to burrow one level underground with the Terminus ability if people can both sense where you are, and dig you out, while you can't sip, can't talk, and can't move much at all?

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Shirszae said:
    So, out of curiosity, what's the point of being able to burrow one level underground with the Terminus ability if people can both sense where you are, and dig you out, while you can't sip, can't talk, and can't move much at all?
    You can BURROW <direction>
    Huh. Neat.
    edited November 2016
    Ahmet said:
    Shirszae said:
    Uh. I know. But it has a balance, so its incredibly slow. I don't see what benefit there is to it at all. 

• Is it a bug when Shadowmadness isn't curable with a tree tattoo? Even the afflictions it spawns aren't curable through Tree (but are normally curable on their own via tree). 

So far the only alternative I've found to curing Shadowmadness without using a herb cure is through certain class abilities like Shrugging. 
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • Shirszae said:
    Ahmet said:
    Shirszae said:
    Uh. I know. But it has a balance, so its incredibly slow. I don't see what benefit there is to it at all. 
    has the same benefit as the artefact wolverines claws, or the druid ability burrow.

I once slipped by Proficy in the underworld using it and he was confused how i bypassed his alertness and threatened to issue my bug abuse if I didn't tell him what I did. (I never did tell him.. well... until just now I guess).

Szanthax said:
    Shirszae said:
    Ahmet said:
    Shirszae said:
    has the same benefit as the artefact wolverines claws, or the druid ability burrow.

I once slipped by Proficy in the underworld using it and he was confused how i bypassed his alertness and threatened to issue my bug abuse if I didn't tell him what I did. (I never did tell him.. well... until just now I guess).
    Pretty sure you can burrow deeper with the burrow druid ability and wolverine claws. So you can't actually be dug up.

• edited November 2016

Not all at once though, and it's better than Sandling. The benefit of burrow is basically just an escape ability - people have to dig to get to you, which has a balance and requires a shovel, so it can be a good escape.

Ignores room hinder, etc, so can be done sometimes when you can't otherwise flee, and you can't put dig at the beginning of your alias as easy as touch tentacle (not to mention some attacks hitting in air but not burrowed, such as kai choke), so it can be better than fly.

Terminus burrow is actually particularly good because it's balanceless, so you can burrow and move a room at the same time to avoid being instantly dug back up.

• Shirszae said:
    Szanthax said:
    Shirszae said:
    Ahmet said:
    Shirszae said:

Pretty sure you can burrow deeper with the burrow druid ability and wolverine claws. So you can't actually be dug up.
    6180(100%)h, 5448(100%)m (99%e) (100%w) [] cexkdb- |XP: 9.5% (64)|intone har'bain|burrow below
    (svof): System paused.
    curing off
    Imbuing your voice with power, you intone, "Har'bain".
    The ground beneath you splits open, and you plunge into the depths.
    You are surrounded by utter darkness, and can see nothing. The smell of minerals and dirt fills your 
    nostrils.
    You see some loose soil to the north, northeast, east, west, and northwest.
    You are surrounded by utter darkness, and can see nothing. The smell of minerals and dirt fills your 
    nostrils.
    You see some loose soil to the north, northeast, east, west, and northwest.
    You are breathing lightly.
    (p) 6180(100%)h, 5448(100%)m (99%e) (100%w) [] cekdb- |XP: 9.5% (64)|

You are right... terminus is strong because you can burrow below again right off the terminus skill.  @Shirszae

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Also, you can sip burrowed.
  • Shirszae said:
    Szanthax said:
    Shirszae said:
    Ahmet said:
    Shirszae said:

You can be portaled to and killed, however, because the people who portal don't have the burrow action limits. Nearly got myself ganked during a splinter gathering session that way, and I know others who did actually get hit.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• does anyone have any problems forcing aeonic skills? like making some us an ability like chrono accelerate or blur? I can't seem to get them to work with the litany or the other command word from dominion..
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    edited November 2016
    Shirszae said:
    Ahmet said:
    Shirszae said:
    It's basically just a different version of flying. It's a escape that requires a balance-using counter-action to pull you back, so it screws up setups that require on split-second timing. (Dig balance isn't short either, so upon being unearthed, you get to cure while they're off-balance) Not being able to cure is a disadvantage, but the only way to stop it is with a shovel, (Flying has Tentacle and multiple skills that counter it) so it's just a tradeoff of ease of countering it vs ability to cure. 

Edit: Farrah ninja'd me on the next page.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Aerek said:
    Shirszae said:
    Ahmet said:
    Shirszae said:
    It's basically just a different version of flying. It's a escape that requires a balance-using counter-action to pull you back, so it screws up setups that require on split-second timing. (Dig balance isn't short either, so upon being unearthed, you get to cure while they're off-balance) Not being able to cure is a disadvantage, but the only way to stop it is with a shovel, (Flying has Tentacle and multiple skills that counter it) so it's just a tradeoff of ease of countering it vs ability to cure. 

If it's anything like Sandling used to be, that tradeoff isn't very big. You can apply salves, sip elixirs and eat anything that's in your inventory, you just can't outrift. That said, Sandling was ridiculous cause you could do it prone, stopping monk and knight finishers entirely.

...Does prone stop this one?
    Alrena said:
    Aerek said:
    Shirszae said:
    Ahmet said:
    Shirszae said:

If it's anything like Sandling used to be, that tradeoff isn't very big. You can apply salves, sip elixirs and eat anything that's in your inventory, you just can't outrift. That said, Sandling was ridiculous cause you could do it prone, stopping monk and knight finishers entirely.

...Does prone stop this one?
    Can't do it prone, yeah.

• Shield break is fast enough, just have no affs to pair so it's a net loss on momentum.

You beat DW about the ae as you beat Occultist. Ie: a good one you rarely do.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Just realized that post was on the wrong topic, woops!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I regret early on, my choice to introduce myself to Sarapis, someone my mature self I didn't discover until much later, chose to thank someone responsible for including him and his morally bankrupt three college flunky friends that the most detailed and thrilling life experience they would devote between each other in deplorable loser's not for six digits of spending not to mention the bribes and envelops to a who's who promising to give them a system that really will be the one that "aah shit, Rangor pushed my shit in again and Tranquility said if I talk shit about the system one more time, and he actually wasn't kidding when he shut me up by kicking the shit out of Tiamat while I watched what my mouth earned me, and wielded tiamats head and beat me to death. I transferred the other 500 credits and he said he'd be back tomorrow when has time to give the rest of the system, warning the two of us a couple shit talking punks have no place in achaea, and we best leave now, or shape up. Naturally, we shaped up, and never caused another problem again. Well, if I want to be truthful, me and Tiamat were both met by Sarapis within a month of eacother's shared fate. Why was Sarapis appearing all of a sudden to talk about all the things I've bought over the years.

Then it dawned me why Sarapis was grinning like that, and why pee was running down my leg...He didn't even have to say the words, my fate was Tiamat's. After review, it seems we've bought all the artifacts offered to our classes....what good are we sticking around anymore? I chose to fight, and well, submitted to the Logos and said "What did I ever do to you to feel your wrath, oh Lord!"  and with a dangerous gaze that quaked the earth, the calendar date of my birth showed Him the one reason He only gives heed to if, he ever regretted the downfalls of making such a great world...fortunately I was quickly joined by two other pieces of shit that were three pretty damn good reasons most agreed with a whole. But rejoiced as the rest of it was good, and our assess play cribbage now. I hate those two to this day. It was their fault for corrupting my innocent boyishness. Sigh.
    I -am- the Cataclysm Switchblade.
  • on a serious note, to respond to Caelan, I chose to rudely introduce myself to the leaders board to Sarapis, and behave in such a way that defined who I was known to be early on, just a despicable person to deal with that went too far, and too be honest, I did it at the detriment to the Infernals best chance at leadership representation, that honestly, was chaotic and power struggles were often changing. I hope He understands deep down, sorry about that, for real. I hope He knows what I meant...I hated losing the Infernals, losing Sartan, and learning the hardships I never really handled well here, until very late in life. When the Maldaathi were gone, and I feebly just stared like an old confused man with nothing to say, so lost and old that any sense of how this place worked was so far past me, I stopped trying to force change and acquiesced what I should have on day one. My voice. Nothing I ever wanted for my people was to last.

Its hard to explain that my relationship to the Maldaathi and Infernals was a stubborn lifelong commitment I was born into, and when the Maldaathi were taken at random one day, I only wish I could suicide my character, but with an understanding its ok. I would rather not be at all, than to be a detriment to my legend, in regards to what I would really wish, because credits that I purchased somehow matter. Im happy. They were just money. But Sarapis, what place is there when that was my identity, and I worked hard for it not for me, but to help the others I actually showed up here for, that Im only trying to give it all to make sure we don't evaporate. We have no control or expectation some things are sacred and everlasting. Nothing is safe. Id happily pay a handsome price to be deleted forever.
  • Hi Xenomorph :3
  • Hello friend :) I sure miss you guys. I hope each one of you regardless of faction is doing well. Ill forever be an asshole to some of you in those ig rival factions, after all, I was a shitty person and the earlier on, the more corrupt and dishonorable. The expectations I would fail however were the perfect opportunity to show how a leader was like a robot blind as justice to each associate regardless of their like or dislike of me, because I wanted to balance the scales and look the god in the eye and he and I alone shared an understanding only we knew, that I achieved a fairness that was like nothing before seen, that if I could only change one thing about it, would be to remove my name from it, because its not about that. Me. My ideas, my name, my ego I don't have anymore. Its the notion one hands it to someone else saying "for the cause" and showing how "wow, if everyone did -that-, thats what the God actually asked for when he intended to his city minus the usual and perpetual weakness that human beings are prey to and id be surprised would ever have the fortitude to admit I'm right, and give the god the -actual- verbatim purpose that is so easily front and center that I find as a simple and extremely logic based amateur question for starters. Its important to keep in mind I strongly urge people to remember a guideline about me, even if you can only pretend its true if you cant, I just need the chance to say "watch and just put the shoe on for a moment"  it would be a special moment in time where a hive mind has been achieved, even if its only for a moment, where the warm comforting vibe trust is felt everywhere and we are all equal and part of something greater.

...However, I had to give it up because I couldn't separate real from fantasy anymore and it made it hard to exist. I never knew how after a simple yet highly irreplaceable moment in time the duty some of us join a duty that isn't a vip club or something special, but if I could ask any other city leader if they know what Im talking about that I never knew that I was accepting something that I had no idea would be the conclusion of the game for me because of what I saw, and what I could never unsee. Its almost like playing Oblivion for so so so so so long...that nothing matters. Everything is pointless. There is nothing. And you know its time to go forever. I wish I was still just one step removed from that spot, when Sabiru was in the spot, where life was predictable as I liked it. Sabiru would ask me something and I would salute and promise him perfection, always assuming the others were expected the same exact precision. I wish my time had the same trust, I would expect Sabiru to strangle me if I stood there and second guessed his "Tyrannus" God appointed spot that Sartan would loooooove to see what goes on  when  I only have whats owed, Sartan gets a well oiled machine, when they see his name present. Were not talking about serious outright disobedience, rather, there is a misunderstanding about the role in Mhaldor and how I believe my (for once) advantage of being a tried and true leader from the infantry that is combat tested, that grew into adulthood in war, that was mentored and because surgically near as i am in game minus the rifle and the shrubbings. I wish I could state more merits to explain myself, but it just goes off like I'm trying to "show my shit" or show off, when that is completely missing the message. Im just saying, we all have some great talents in life, we all do, I just wish when each have our turn, let us soar, Ill happily show you I love being led, and you'll love how someone that has your back is comforting. Besides, I always considered it borderline treasonous to sabotage the god his due potential. Letting human weakness rob from the god the city he simply stated.

One last note important more than anyone, Sartan had to stop me one time, it was very important he needed to make sure I was ok and said "you know you -are- doing what you are supposed to, everything is going fine. I was waaaay too hard on myself. and if the boss says so, that is the end of the story. If I set a harder standard that one he didn't help me remember...this is a game, its for fun. I lost sight of that and lost myself. It was out nobodys detriment but like in my real life, Im no stranger to me being my biggest enemy and critic. Just my thoughts on giving your all to the place you love.

Interrupting our irregularly scheduled Xenomorph, does anyone know if the bug with str not affecting denizen hunting was ever fixed?

• Shirszae said:
    Interrupting our irregularly scheduled Xenomorph, does anyone know if the bug with str not affecting denizen hunting was ever fixed?
    I don't think so... my bug report for that was never resolved.
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • I remember the first time I saw PK.

Xenomorph was outside Shallam, shooting Senoske with meteors/sniping.

Good times :)