Occy 3.3k warp hound combos.

Florentino recently raged about this. Surely its exaggerated right? What is the cool down on hound?

Comments

• 3.3k out of... what i'd be curious

• 100% exaggerated. Nothing new from Florence. Barring maybe avatar/sensitivity, or being aff'd out the ass for hound (hound damage increases per aff), there's no way it's ever gonna hit that hard.
  • I just went occultist stop trying to nerf me already. Pick on DW now. 
  • edited November 2016
    Hound/warp from artied does actually hit for insane amounts without affliction  modifier. I remember taking a 38% after a cripple (quad mending and prone, hound/warp before cure).

It's been high forever. Have put some leads to adjust it, but haven't found a good medium yet, imo.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Morthif said:
    I just went occultist stop trying to nerf me already. Pick on DW now. 
    DW literally just got nerfed. It's your turn!
  • It's not exaggerated. You have to understand that 3.3k means different things for different max healths though, since I assume some of the damage is percentage-based.

Hound also scales with afflictions, so it can probably do more than 3.3k!

I'd say I take around 2,500 from it fairly regularly, with few or no afflictions, and it only goes up from there.

• magic dmg is a rough damage type to balance. Warp/hound does like 18-20% to me, but I have ring of magus, resist ring, resistance, trans mini and probably something else.  If you don't have some of those it can get pretty outrageous, so it's a great noob killer and is great with ally affs.
  • It's all your fault @Morthif
  • Not trying to get anything Nerfed, but is Hound damage boosted by Int and Collar or is it percentile/based purely on Afflictions when it hits? What's the cooldown?

Thinking about @Jhui's comment about how magic damage is hard to balance around, it made me think about other magic damage attacks in the game. Only classes that can get close to that kind of hit would be what.. Magi and Sylvan? But I'm pretty sure Mage doesn't have a single hit that is that high, do they?
  • Nothing as spammable as warp/hound, no. Sylvan is gated behind afflictions for their burst, and Magi has stormhammer/holocaust but those aren't anywhere close to as spammable.

Hound doesn't move based on Int, I don't think, but I think it is affected by collar. I believe it's just afflictions that changes hound base. Warp is affected by them both.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • IIRC Occie ents are scaled by INT, but Hound is fairly reasonable preaffliction. It's the Afflictions that make it god awful, but the argument is that you should always be aware of your afflictions so you don't get screwed.
  • Warp/hound will blow you up in groups. This is known and kinda okay.

If you're getting group ganked, you were probably screwed anyway. Don't fight 5 v 1.

If you're bringing one group against another, focus the Occies first. They're weak to burst damage and you get rid of all of that raid utility plus the lol damage.

If the Occies are at range, good. They can't throw hangedmen/use tentacles/do much else but warp and aeon you. Have your ranged shoot the melee and watch the Occie use any number of running away skills.

Occies have decent sustained damage reduction in Arctar and Priestess. You have to focus them and they'll pop/run. If you try to attrition them, they win.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Ranged Aeon is stupid.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    Ranged Aeon is stupid.
    Ranged Aeon doesn't do anything by itself. It's a force multiplier. Multiple Occies? It's a nightmare. Melee throwing curare/kalmia? You're screwed.

Once again: Don't get groupganked and in groups, either blow the Occies up or kill their support.
  • You've never fought a truly good, artied occultist.

You die before they do.

• Atalkez said:
    You've never fought a truly good, artied occultist.

You die before they do.
    I thought it was established in other thread that u bad?

Git gud m8.

[spoiler] Fk Occ, when they're not rubbish. [/spoiler]
  • Oh u rite.

My b.

• Atalkez probably dies to newbie kick, amirite?

(j/k ily don't unbloodsworn me)
  • When they come from Makarios, yes :(

• Atalkez said:
    You've never fought a truly good, artied occultist.

You die before they do.
    Coincidentally, I do generally die before Seragorn.

Which is why I run away and only melee when there's numerical superiority.