Depthswalkers: Post your findings.

Comments

• Ahmet said:
    Antidas said:
    Ahmet said:

You submit the idea #4456 'An artefact shadow cloak for Depthswalkers that ensures your current room is always cloaked in unholy darkness when worn.' for review.

Plox.
    Would not necessarily want this, considering certain skills like step and preeminence - I don't want anyone to be able to insta travel to me the moment the enter the area with me with no warning, or for people to be able to always see my location. Doesn't sound like a great idea to me, tbh.
    Then don't wear the cloak, nerd.
    If you don't like people critiquing your ideas, don't post them on forums. Better yet, think through your ideas before you post them in the first place, "nerd"

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Oh, right. There's people that take that as an actual insult. In 2016.

Anyway, yeah. I understand the concern, but it's one with a super simple solution. Don't wear the cloak. Or have it toggleable. Or instead of having darkness follow you, have it just allow things like preeminence/intone/convey/etc. Figured those solutions were apparent enough to not need to be explicitly stated, but apparently not :(
    Huh. Neat.

• Anyone have any salt for my popcorn?
  • Are there any mental afflictions from DW that are focusable?

I thought shadowmadness would be a focusbable affliction, but after testing it... I found out that you can't focus or touch tree to cure it.

Also the afflictions it spawns: masochism, hallucinations, claustrophobia, loneliness, and confusion are all uncurable via tree tattoo when I touched tree. It just read, "you were unchanged by tree tattoo effect etc etc" while shadowmadness kept spawning its afflictions. Which is weird cause normally those afflictions are curable through focus mind and touch tree.

It seems the only way to cure it is with Goldenseal or certain class abilities like Shrugging/Fool.

In the end, I've left a bug report with the admins just to be sure that this isn't the way shadowmadness should be behaving.
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • That is intended, yes. WHATCURES <aff> will tell you all the things that cure it, including focus where applicable.

None of the DW-specific affs are focusable, tree should be curing smadness I feel like, maybe it's intentional that it doesn't I dunno.
  • ANNOUNCE NEWS #4679                                     (11/13/2016 at 14:56) 
    From   : Makarios, the Meticulous
    To     : Everyone
    Subject: Some Depthswalker adjustments
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now that we've had a bit to see Depthswalker in action, here are some changes to address the major
    issues that have come up so far.

Aeonics
    -------
    * PARADOX will now replace a previous paradox if you use it on a target who is already suffering
    under one.
    * PARADOX no longer counts defensive afflictions (insomnia, blindness, deafness) as potential
    options to cure.
    * Triggering PARADOX now deducts from the total times it can fire, the same as when it does not
    drain mana.

Shadowmancy
    -----------
    * The capstone damage on DEGENERATION is now very minor damage if you do not have the target SHADOW
    ATTUNEd. Note that only one person can have a person attuned at a time, so this should ideally
    address the issues we've been seeing of trivial degeneration stacking in teams.
    * If you have someone SHADOW ATTUNEd and have claimed their shadow (via sever/leech/etc),
    DEGENERATION will do the damage it does now. If you have them ATTUNEd but do not have their shadow,
    the damage will be halved.

Penned by My hand on the 6th of Phaestian, in the year 727 AF.

• Ahmet said:
    Oh, right. There's people that take that as an actual insult. In 2016.

Anyway, yeah. I understand the concern, but it's one with a super simple solution. Don't wear the cloak. Or have it toggleable. Or instead of having darkness follow you, have it just allow things like preeminence/intone/convey/etc. Figured those solutions were apparent enough to not need to be explicitly stated, but apparently not :(
    Only take it as an insult when its from someone is using it as an insult, which I assumed you were considering we're hardly friendly. Either way:

Removing the cloak isn't a viable solution to the problem. There are benefits of wearing a depthswalker cloak that I don't want to forgo in favor of not having darkness in my room at all times. If the -only- reason to wear the cloak would be to have darkness, then sure, that might make sense. But its not, it gives damage resistances and such, so removing it means removing those benefits. Thus, not a good solution to the issue.

• Has anyone found a way to reliably Aeon Lock? I've been trying to find the best way to stack kelp, stick asthma, then rush Depression for Anorexia and throwing in Slickness, but by the time you finally get it setup, you don't have enough time to aeon to strip speed and then aeon again for the lock. 

Is there a better way of doing this, or am I just overly excited about having access to Aeon and only use it for group combat?

• The downfall I'm having with DW right now is shield tattoo. You can spam shield and heal out everything. Class is too slow on shield break
  • Only problem with making shield break easier is.. how tf do you beat a DW then?
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Omor said:
    Dunn said: 
    git gud 

• edited November 2016
    Too soon. :cry:
    @Dunn will respect me one day.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • edited November 2016
    If someone shields every other attack you're not going to kill them as DW.

Fighting Mindshell he can just shield, fashion, shield, fashion. Just need something small to link with shadow strike to make shield not a complete reset.

I had Omor full afflict me and had my shadow. Was able to just shield out of every deep level affliction path he choose.
  • @Zulah @Atalkez You two need to talk on the same topic- jumping back and forth is making my head spin.

• edited November 2016
    Zulah said:
    If someone shields every other attack you're not going to kill them as DW.
    Would gladly take an increase to balance, to be able to give an aff on top of shield break like majority of classes can. Think Jester's like the only aff class that can't... Even Serp can now. Shaman/Apo can combo breach/aff too.
  • Does shadow instill dagger/strike still hit with the instill affliction? 
    And if not, that seems like both a reason to justify being able to instill dagger as well as the fixing the problem with having a raze without a razeslash.

• Borran said:
    Does shadow instill dagger/strike still hit with the instill affliction? 
    And if not, that seems like both a reason to justify being able to instill dagger as well as the fixing the problem with having a raze without a razeslash.
    Doesn't apply any afflictions. But that would be a good change.
  • That way you can't really curare them until they let up, you have to actually think about what you're instilling, based on what they have.

• edited November 2016

Strike is fine at the moment. It's far too early to ask for a buff on that, given how much more can be done with offense than most are doing.

Unfortunately, most momentum classes -are- halted by extreme enough shielding. Try fighting it as a Priest.

There are ways to work with it, though. Boosted loop, for example, is three afflictions at once, to make up for not giving one on strike. Strike is also faster than your typical RSL attack. Then there are the passives from attune and potentially from madness. All of this helps to increase pressure.

• edited November 2016
    Farrah said:

Strike is fine at the moment. It's far too early to ask for a buff on that, given how much more can be done with offense than most are doing.

Unfortunately, most momentum classes -are- halted by extreme enough shielding. Try fighting it as a Priest.

There are ways to work with it, though. Boosted loop, for example, is three afflictions at once, to make up for not giving one on strike. Strike is also faster than your typical RSL attack. Then there are the passives from attune and potentially from madness. All of this helps to increase pressure.

You've not fought someone who knows when to use shield against DW then. Give it a try and come back to that statement.
  • Can we have mounts follow through shadow step? Please? I'm tired of losing the damn thing.
    @Makarios @Nicola
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • He hit your shield twice, hardly a good indicator.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited November 2016
    We tested for about five minutes straight. Using queueing, I may get a hit in every other rebound, but it's still not enough for the DW to do anything. It's more annoying than anything else.

ETA: With nimble, so that's a 1.9s balance.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Atalkez said:
    He hit your shield twice, hardly a good indicator.
    Yeah wasn't what I meant to post but I was doing too many things at once.
  • Omor said:
    We tested for about five minutes straight. Using queueing, I may get a hit in every other rebound, but it's still not enough for the DW to do anything. It's more annoying than anything else.

ETA: With nimble, so that's a 1.9s balance.
    When you say rebound, do you mean you hitting his shield?
  • edited November 2016
    Yes.  
    Was quoting Zulah's log where it says "Omor's attack rebounds off your magical shield."
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Well you're not supposed to hit it.

You should get 2 attacks between shielding.

Shield>break>attack>attack>shield

How it should work out, unless I'm mistaken.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Well, yes, obviously if you keep hitting shield you won't be able to do anything effectively. What about if you don't hit his shield? It's impossible to tell without any timestamps in that log how much or little time you would have had to react to shield coming up.
  • I mean, if strike gave an affliction, it'd have twice the balance it currently does. It should land it in the exact same position it is now. It's really not unusual at all, as an ability - half the attack of other shield breakers (just break, no aff), but half the balance.