Depthswalkers: Post your findings.

Comments

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Your free Gem of Transmutation is offensive.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    But that shouldn't affect Memory! *mutter*
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ryzeth said:
    So blindness/deafness/insomnia count towards affs when it comes to how CHRONO PARADOX works... Is this intended, @Makarios?

** Note that paradox will only fire if the target has something else they could be eating, given the nature of the ability.

If they have insomnia and eat kelp for instance, it will fire because you have something else you could be curing (insomnia via eat goldenseal).

Sounds like a definite bug. I think Paradox is bugged in how it fades too.

You submit the idea #4456 'An artefact shadow cloak for Depthswalkers that ensures your current room is always cloaked in unholy darkness when worn.' for review.

Plox.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:

You submit the idea #4456 'An artefact shadow cloak for Depthswalkers that ensures your current room is always cloaked in unholy darkness when worn.' for review.

Plox.
    Would not necessarily want this, considering certain skills like step and preeminence - I don't want anyone to be able to insta travel to me the moment the enter the area with me with no warning, or for people to be able to always see my location. Doesn't sound like a great idea to me, tbh.

Antidas said:
    Ahmet said:

Plox.
    Would not necessarily want this, considering certain skills like step and preeminence - I don't want anyone to be able to insta travel to me the moment the enter the area with me with no warning, or for people to be able to always see my location. Doesn't sound like a great idea to me, tbh.
    Then don't wear the cloak, nerd.
    Huh. Neat.
  • So, buy an artie cloak that provides a defenisve buff and is required to use some of the hiding abilities in Shadowmancy and... not wear it because it's too detrimental?

Maybe an artefact other than a cloak to do this, fine. But not something as important as the shadowmancy cloak.
    Maybe an artefact that just causes darkness in your location to not dissipate after time.

A way to banish your own darkness would also be nice, though I can understand why it's probably not going to happen.
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited November 2016
    Farrah said:
    Ryzeth said:
    So blindness/deafness/insomnia count towards affs when it comes to how CHRONO PARADOX works... Is this intended, @Makarios?

** Note that paradox will only fire if the target has something else they could be eating, given the nature of the ability.

If they have insomnia and eat kelp for instance, it will fire because you have something else you could be curing (insomnia via eat goldenseal).

Sounds like a definite bug. I think Paradox is bugged in how it fades too.
    Yeah, paradox is bugged somehow. I'll have the 'the effects of the paradox fade' or whatever line it is hit me 10 minutes after I've stopped fighting people, even if they didn't paradox me. It's weird.

ETA: @Nicola @Makarios in case they don't know about it.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Gem of cloaking style artefact? Thematically it would suit, a word of power that wreathes your surrounds in shadow, but togglablr?

• Static version for people like cooper who tried to scroll up in the gif... : https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/6OJBcoAT

• Your target afflictions window isn't showing paradox?

• Are you showing off the UI or how hilariously easy that strategy is?

• Antonius said:

Are you showing off the UI or how hilariously easy that strategy is?

Yes.

• edited November 2016
    Antonius said:

All of the above. Was originally talking to Mindshell about some systems being loud. So many colors and things making it look like clown puke. So I was making a gif displaying those sexy clean lines. Plus I was showing the timing real time of the strat. It didn't show the shadow leach setup though. I left after getting shadow then went back in to show with shadow and no other prep how fast you could retribution/paradox into dictate. I'm also pushing 21 dex for fast loop boosting. Loving the 95 age decay on tick and 1450 age pool.

Szanthax said:
    Your target afflictions window isn't showing paradox?
    Yeah I'm still fixing up the target tracking window for the class.

• @Zulah Don't talk shit about my clown puke, all right, I know it's bad.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • Zulah said:
    Antonius said:

All of the above. Was originally talking to Mindshell about some systems being loud. So many colors and things making it look like clown puke. So I was making a gif displaying those sexy clean lines. Plus I was showing the timing real time of the strat. It didn't show the shadow leach setup though. I left after getting shadow then went back in to show with shadow and no other prep how fast you could retribution/paradox into dictate. I'm also pushing 21 dex for fast loop boosting. Loving the 95 age decay on tick and 1450 age pool

You'd almost certainly hate my screen when I fight, then, though the colours are a necessity of not using affliction tracking and instead doing it all manually (or at least trying to). Picking out a line that's highlighted with a green background is easier than picking out "Target eats a piece of kelp." in all of the text coming in. Mine isn't as bad as others, though (at least in my opinion), and I don't have the awful multi-line echoes that some people seem to have.

I noticed the mutilate at the end, so assumed the shadow was gained somehow beforehand. Paradox being fixed (whenever that happens) should make that strategy a little less effective, though in general the damage (degeneration) and mana loss (retribution) routes feel a little too easy against people who don't want to just run away constantly (which is boring for both sides).

• edited November 2016
    Paradox being fixed would solve the issue with the mana-cheesing strats, yeah. @Makarios pls.

Also reducing the amount that's drained on retribution ticks would be good, given just how easy it is to stick in conjunction with Paradox/Depression ticks. Or add another affliction in between justice & retribution, or one after retribution before the mana drain. Running/shielding/actually hindering would've slowed that kill down a ton though.
  • I highlight so many things, I'm probably in the clown puke boat :(

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Antonius said:

I noticed the mutilate at the end, so assumed the shadow was gained somehow beforehand. Paradox being fixed (whenever that happens) should make that strategy a little less effective, though in general the damage (degeneration) and mana loss (retribution) routes feel a little too easy against people who don't want to just run away constantly (which is boring for both sides).

I mentioned I did the shadow leach setup before that. Paradox was fine there, he had curare to cure when he ate both bellwots at the end so nothing broken there. As for running, distortion, preempt, (risk shadow) or presetup extinguish for shadow step, you have options.
  • Atalkez said:
    I highlight so many things, I'm probably in the clown puke boat :(
    Nah man. Your screen's more like you killed unicorns on it.
  • Unicorns are dangerous

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    I highlight so many things, I'm probably in the clown puke boat :(
    I'm the opposite I just don't know what the duck I'd  going on  because I use  defaults.

• I think the biggest fear in that setup is the 30% mana loss on mutilate. If you consider dictate being 40% plus 5% per modifier to a max a of 60% then you're saying in a perfect setup you could kill someone from 90% mana (all modifiers 60% mutilate +30 = 90%)

Not that you're going to hit these perfect conditions but just the fact it COULD happen is scary. Biggest thing for people is going to be keeping the big 4 prio'd well against DW (Ret, Dep, Deg, Mad)
  • Not sure why you'd ever cure retribution over paralysis, and while paradoxed at that. Needz better curing.

With good curing + paradox fix, I don't actually -think- the retribution mana drain will be that bad. Mutilate will likely require shielding and mana prioing.

I'm not sure if Mutilate's too powerful or not, if people cure/respond appropriately, but if there is a problem, I think it's Mutilate, not Retribution mana drain.

• I think the burst from retribution is more broken than paradox.  With paradox, you cash adjust the way you cure to lessen it's effects. The retribution stack just continues to eat your Nana in huge chunks.

• edited November 2016
    Farrah said:

Not sure why you'd ever cure retribution over paralysis, and while paradoxed at that. Needz better curing.

With good curing + paradox fix, I don't actually -think- the retribution mana drain will be that bad. Mutilate will likely require shielding and mana prioing.

I'm not sure if Mutilate's too powerful or not, if people cure/respond appropriately, but if there is a problem, I think it's Mutilate, not Retribution mana drain.

Paradox wasn't broken in that. It hit as it was supposed to (he had other afflictions). He was trying to get out of the retribution rather than paralysis because he coudn't sip mana without killing himself. People don't yet realize how op retribution is against int stacked with l3 mana sip ring. He was taking over 20% health damage on mana sips. You can literally make high int mana sip artied people sip themselves to death. I do agree retribution mana drain wasn't the killer there it was mutilates mana slap on top of everything else. Only needed him at 75% mana to mutilate/dictate.

Too fast, too easy. Mutilate could have its mana damage completely removed and still be a good skill to have. Retribution instill should have another affliction in the pool so you can't just loop reap without boost over and over to hit the 15% mana attack with ease too.

Dex builds definitely give a lot more loop boosting options too

• @Zulah Hey, speaking of weird builds, do you think the Augmentation tree is necessary for combat? I haven't played around without it yet, but I'm thinking I might want to go Longevity Capped with Conquest capped as well. 

• Zulah said:
    Farrah said:

Not sure why you'd ever cure retribution over paralysis, and while paradoxed at that. Needz better curing.

Paradox wasn't broken in that. It hit as it was supposed to (he had other afflictions). He was trying to get out of the retribution rather than paralysis because he coudn't sip mana without killing himself. People don't yet realize how op retribution is against int stacked with l3 mana sip ring. He was taking over 20% health damage on mana sips. You can literally make high int mana sip artied people sip themselves to death. I do agree retribution mana drain wasn't the killer there it was mutilates mana slap on top of everything else. Only needed him at 75% mana to mutilate/dictate.

Too fast, too easy. Mutilate could have its mana damage completely removed and still be a good skill to have. Retribution instill should have another affliction in the pool so you can't just loop reap without boost over and over to hit the 15% mana attack with ease too.

Dex builds definitely give a lot more loop boosting options too

I'm aware it wasn't broken in that log, as I specifically criticized his prios. I said better curing AND paradox fix (because without paradox fix, better curing can still kill you).

It sounds like the Retribution affliction itself might be too strong.

• Idk, I was using the same strategy against Proficy, and it didn't phase him at all. He was prioing curare too, which kills paradox for every herb he eats. The retribution hits were only doing about 10% mana or so, and even then he was curing out pretty effectively. Granted, he also had Dagaz up... but it's probably not as "too easy, too fast" as you think