New Class

Comments

• Dexterity affects the maximum amount you can increase your age by and the rate at which your artificially increased age decreases. It looks like the cap is 1000 age and each tick reduces your age by 50 at 12 dexterity, then the cap increases by 50 and the amount of age lost per tick increases by 5 for each point of dexterity above that (I capped at 1150 and lost 65 age per tick at 15 dexterity). Age loss ticks occur at the same rate, though, as far as I can see; roughly every 5 seconds.

@Ahmet What dexterity did you have and when did you test? My (admittedly brief) testing suggests you'd need 20 dexterity to cap at 1400, so it's possible it's not a strictly linear increase or the numbers have since changed.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    edited November 2016
    That testing was in Avatar, so yeah I probably had 21 dex. Was also losing 90 age per tick, which leads me to believe those are either the caps, or it's not linear.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Deladan said:
    @Sena how do the values for Dexterity and strength play in with this class, also intelligence too. 
    I didn't even notice the effects of dexterity on aeonics until after choosing my spec/traits, and I don't have dex arties or a gem/grimoire, so there's not much I can do to test it myself. Essentially, all I know is that with 12 dex you recover 50 age per tick, with 13 dex you recover 55. I've also heard that it influences the maximum age you can support, but I don't have any specifics.

Intelligence for offence isn't really important, as far as I know. Having more mana is pretty useful, though. This is primarily a PvP question though, so it's not exactly my area.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    I'm at 10 dexterity and also losing 50 age per tick and capping at 1000, so the bonuses start at 13.
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited November 2016

For any Mudlet users who want to move the text for a room being cloaked in shadows to the start of the line, rather than being near the end, the following trigger will do that:

Pattern (perl regex): An unnatural darkness cloaks the location\.(?: |$)

Code:

local c = selectString(matches[1], 1)
    replace("")
    deselect()
    moveCursor(0, getLineNumber())
    setFgColor(153,0,255) -- colours it a nice purple colour, but get rid of this line or change the values if you want a different colour
    -- if it's at the end of the line, we're going to need to add a space first
    if c + #matches[1] == #line then
    	insertText(" ")
    end
    insertText(matches[1])
    moveCursorEnd()
    resetFormat()

• So strength is in fact tied to Shadowmancy attacks? Because I noticed no damage difference between 12 and 14.
  • Yeah same, I tested out on weak mobs to actually see if there was a difference... Did 5-6% on a spectre at 12 strength... Did 5-6% on a spectre at 21 strength. @Makarios?
  • edited November 2016

Going from 16 to 19 strength definitely increases the damage on reap for PvP. I've not really looked at PvE at all, so it's possible strength isn't currently having an effect there (or it's very minimal).

• Yeah PvP damage has a pretty serious damage creep, was talkin' about PvE.
  • edited November 2016
    Just confirmed that strength does not influence reap or cull against denizens (or that Uraiad is bugged, that's also a possibility). I compared 12 strength and 20, so if there was any difference it would have been visible.

Edit: Tested it just in case, int also makes no difference.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    That seems like a bug? Maybe?
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • I would honestly rather like to see Hashan just decide to be all martial and like... "The world is ours. Just BECAUSE. Suck it." and go on a rampage. Be martial for the sake of being martial. Politics has always been Hashans thing, and I don't know a Politician who doesn't want more power. Why not have a Political hub that wants to rule the world for the sake of having power?
  • If you want to see that, then you'll need to be the change. Without people who are focused and dedicated to PK and can fight at the highest levels, that can never happen.
  • Armali said:
    If you want to see that, then you'll need to be the change. Without people who are focused and dedicated to PK and can fight at the highest levels, that can never happen.
    I'm not opposed to anything you said at all.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Power 'just because' is pretty boring, though.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Shirszae said:
    Power 'just because' is pretty boring, though.
    I don't know. I kind of like the idea of a city so consumed with the idea of having power over others and the struggle for betterment just to lord it over others is kind of fun. I can totally accept it may not be enough for an entire city because not everyone is the same as me, though.

• edited November 2016
    Is anyone else perturbed by the class name being Depthswalker? Like... it sounds like a lispy mess... looks worse... why not Depths Walker... Depths-walker... Deepwalker? The way it is now is just...  ugh. @Makarios @Nicola
  • Aegoth said:
    Is anyone else perturbed by the class name being Depthswalker? Like... it sounds like a lispy mess... looks worse... why not Depths Walker... Depths-walker... Deepwalker? The way it is now is just...  ugh. @Makarios @Nicola

Indeed. it sounds like it is being hissed by a snake-man in my head. So at least it's good for a bit of a giggle!
  • Aegoth said:
    Is anyone else perturbed by the class name being Depthswalker? Like... it sounds like a lispy mess... looks worse... why not Depths Walker... Depths-walker... Deepwalker? The way it is now is just...  ugh. Makarios Nicola
    If that bothers you, try saying 'Thoth' out loud.
  • It's even worse with the s-sound at the end, a la Thoth's Fang  :'(
     <3 
  • Shadowmancer

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    Shadowmancer
    Blackjack.

You use black shadows AND you're a jack of all trades.

• Atalkez said:
    Shadowmancer

I've personally been referring to it as such, just because I dont like the name 'Depthswalker'.

If I was a newcommer to this game and saw the classes available, I would have assumed Depthswalker was a geomancer-type focus class, or perhaps aquatic
    I personally like the name as it ties the class with its history pretty nicely. That being said, ugh. Yes. The name does feel the tiniest bit unwieldy sometimes. 

• Depthswalker is cool for a name but... maybe.. not for this?

People just starting, who have no clue of the lore of the class, will just be like "why is it even called this".

I'd be down for Astramancer (fuckers up space, time, and shadows) or something else.

Class looks so damn nice though, and I have seen like 50 "PFFFFT" moments with this class from the cheesy Doom kills.
    Thats whats you call an affective hook, though. When people inevitably ask why it is called Depthswalking, why, you talk to them about all the awesome Tsol'teth lore.

• Anything to point people to the crazy amount of lore. There's so much on it that I've yet to catch up to, and I'm relatively content with my knowledge, if not extremely so. I'd not try to dethrone someone like @Shirszae myself, though.

I do like the name, though, even if it can be a little tricky to get off the tongue at times. I also say 'shadowmancer' when it's contextually appropriate since... shadowmancy is literally one of our skillsets and all that, but I can't complain either way. I'm just so in love with the class in general that I don't care. <3
  • I decided to reread the fall of Seleucar on a whim. If anything, that story felt like one big Depthswalker preview. Wow.

• Who calls any class by their given name anyway? bm, shamwow, runie, occie, asspotato, alchie, joke... dw
  • Any word on whether or not str not affecting bashing attacks was a bug?