Glooooooobes

Comments

• ZahanZahan Valhalla
    Globes usually aren't my thing.  I'm more of the sure-bet kind of guy.  That being said (not that anybody cares), with what just happened in 'murica (and girly being in vegas at a blackjack table right now), I was inspired to carpe diem.

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal an artefact discount voucher!
    You have been awarded with a talisman cache!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 2880 gold sovereigns, a group of 18 lobelia seeds, a group of 10 steel bars, and an oaken vial!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 30 artefact upgrade credits!
    (Please see ANNOUNCE #4363 for more information on using these upgrade credits.)
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 3780 gold sovereigns, a group of 22 bloodroot leaves, a group of 10 coal pieces, and an oaken vial!

Not bad.  I might get some more.
    Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • ZahanZahan Valhalla
    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 16 credits!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 270 gold sovereigns, a group of 32 bloodroot leaves, a group of 10 pieces of rope, and an oaken vial!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 18 credits!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 1485 gold sovereigns, a group of 22 ginseng roots, a group of 10 coal pieces, and an oaken vial!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 30 credits!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 2565 gold sovereigns, a group of 32 sileris berries, a group of 10 spools of cloth, and an oaken vial!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 16 credits!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 3600 gold sovereigns, a group of 24 goldenseal roots, a group of 10 pieces of rope, and an oaken vial!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a strange pack!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 3690 gold sovereigns, a group of 16 goldenseal roots, a group of 10 pieces of rope, and an oaken vial!

The pack is:
    a taxidermied humgii pack
    [spoiler]
    Mottled brown fur covers the lifeless frame of what was once an insatiable humgii, the creature's cracked white orbs gazing into nothingness. The critter's sharp ivory claws dig deep within his own legs, grafting the limbs together and shaping loose shoulderstraps. Not a single tooth can be found lining the beast's maw, all methodically removed and replaced with a soft silken cover. This alabaster cloth meticulously shrouds the entire abdomen of the being, its creamy surface permitting the safe storage of numerous objects inside the endless gut.
    This item may receive emblazon.
    It weighs 5 ounce(s).
    It bears the distinctive mark of Zahan.
    A taxidermied humgii pack is holding:
    Nothing.
    It can contain of a total of 100 items.
    It will reset to you.
    [/spoiler]
    Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 13 credits!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 90 gold sovereigns, a 
    group of 34 goldenseal roots, a group of 10 pieces of rope, and an oaken vial!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 30 artefact upgrade credits!
    (Please see ANNOUNCE #4363 for more information on using these upgrade credits.)
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 2430 gold sovereigns, a 
    group of 29 sileris berries, a group of 10 wood commodities, and an oaken vial!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 20 credits!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 360 gold sovereigns, a 
    group of 27 lobelia seeds, a group of 10 wood commodities, and an oaken vial!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal an artefact discount voucher!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 4095 gold sovereigns, a 
    group of 30 lobelia seeds, a group of 10 coal pieces, and an oaken vial!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a wooden crate! (Luthian rock cavy)
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 1215 gold sovereigns, a 
    group of 20 lobelia seeds, a group of 10 spools of cloth, and an oaken vial!
  • https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/v5gPqlO3

485 (ish) credits
    1 humgii pack
    16 caches (https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/Ah1gBg2I)
    like 30 sips of lucky
    47 humgii tickets
    90 upgrade stuff
    25 cr voucher
    7 crates
    1 glass case

What the actual hell happened to globes.  Out of 50, I got zero box of parts (which usually gives a cache or mayan crown)
    Zero mayan crowns.

WAY TOO MANY CRATES.

I feel a bit.  Iunno.  Cheated on this one.

While I understand that them JUST opening for cr is 'cool' in some instances.. the part where-in they open for just crates is ridiculous.

pets have a redeem value of 5, and this just feeling really lame, all things considered.  (7/50 were worth 5 bound cr, if they even have a redeem)

Whenever the box of parts was found to be 'meh', it was made to redeem for 5.. and then you could get a cache, OR a mayan crown with it.  I'd horrendously like that sort of change here, especially in this case.

@Makarios

• You profited from them @Frederich..

If you want something to truly feel sorry for, check out the results of my last lot of 10 caches, net result 138 credits, and 2 crates.. I've seen some people make out really well, some people don't, that's the risk with the gambling promotions..  This certainly dissuaded me from spending any more money though

As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 1800 gold sovereigns, a group of 24 goldenseal roots, a group of 10 pieces of rope, and an oaken vial!
    The gold is whisked directly into your bank account in Ashtan, giving you a new balance of 354921 gold.
    7013h, 9131m, 32495e, 38381w cexkdb-
    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a wooden crate!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 3555 gold sovereigns, a group of 29 ginseng roots, a group of 10 spools of cloth, and an oaken vial!
    The gold is whisked directly into your bank account in Ashtan, giving you a new balance of 358476 gold.
    7013h, 9205m, 32495e, 38380w cexkdb-
    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 11 credits!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 1935 gold sovereigns, a group of 23 lobelia seeds, a group of 10 spools of cloth, and an oaken vial!
    The gold is whisked directly into your bank account in Ashtan, giving you a new balance of 360411 gold.
    7013h, 9158m, 32495e, 38390w cexkdb-
    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 17 credits!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 720 gold sovereigns, a group of 34 ginseng roots, a group of 10 steel bars, and an oaken vial!
    The gold is whisked directly into your bank account in Ashtan, giving you a new balance of 361131 gold.
    7013h, 9205m, 32495e, 38390w cexkdb-
    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a wooden crate!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 1305 gold sovereigns, a group of 15 goldenseal roots, a group of 10 pieces of rope, and an oaken vial!
    The gold is whisked directly into your bank account in Ashtan, giving you a new balance of 362436 gold.
    7013h, 9169m, 32495e, 38390w cexkdb-
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 3600 gold sovereigns, a group of 31 lobelia seeds, a group of 10 coal pieces, and an oaken vial!
    The gold is whisked directly into your bank account in Ashtan, giving you a new balance of 366036 gold.
    7013h, 9115m, 32495e, 38390w cexkdb-
    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 25 credits!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 2925 gold sovereigns, a group of 19 ginseng roots, a group of 10 steel bars, and an oaken vial!
    The gold is whisked directly into your bank account in Ashtan, giving you a new balance of 368961 gold.
    7013h, 9105m, 32495e, 38390w cexkdb-
    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 13 credits!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 45 gold sovereigns, a group of 25 goldenseal roots, a group of 10 wood commodities, and an oaken vial!
    The gold is whisked directly into your bank account in Ashtan, giving you a new balance of 369006 gold.
    7013h, 9187m, 32495e, 38390w cexkdb-
    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 11 credits!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 3510 gold sovereigns, a group of 21 goldenseal roots, a group of 10 pieces of rope, and an oaken vial!
    The gold is whisked directly into your bank account in Ashtan, giving you a new balance of 372516 gold.
    6711h, 9143m, 32495e, 38390w cexkb-
    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 25 credits!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 1440 gold sovereigns, a group of 15 goldenseal roots, a group of 10 pieces of rope, and an oaken vial!
    The gold is whisked directly into your bank account in Ashtan, giving you a new balance of 373956 gold.

• Frederich said:

- Shop cart kits are now tradein-able for 5 bound credits.

What is the syntax to tradein a box of parts? I can't find this info anywhere.
  • edited November 2016
    I made out like an absolute bandit. I haven't finished counting because I haven't sold/traded in everything yet, but out of 60 globes I'm looking at at LEAST 2400 credits so far.

Huge thanks to @Seragorn for being a friend and helping me understand the best way to profit from Talisman pieces via trading so that both parties win.

Also @Andre I haven't done it, but I believe you have to trade in the assembled cart, not the uncompleted box.
  • PROMO TRADEIN CART @Andre
  • i'm guessing this can't be done after its assembled, which i just did. 5 credits is whatever but still annoying to lose for no good reason
  • Andre said:
    i'm guessing this can't be done after its assembled, which i just did. 5 credits is whatever but still annoying to lose for no good reason
    Seriously? I hope you didn't do this because of my horrible advice. Let me know if you did and I'll make it up to you.

I figured since ARTIFACT BOX TRADEIN said "This artifact has no tradein value." it'd naturally be done once assembled.
  • Devran said:
    Andre said:
    i'm guessing this can't be done after its assembled, which i just did. 5 credits is whatever but still annoying to lose for no good reason
    Seriously? I hope you didn't do this because of my horrible advice. Let me know if you did and I'll make it up to you.

I figured since ARTIFACT BOX TRADEIN said "This artifact has no tradein value." it'd naturally be done once assembled.
    Yeah you bastard:p It's all good mang, no worries 5 cr doesn't mean much to me. Don't send me anything in-game to be nice bc I don't actually play with this character. forum rp and all
  • 30 Globes (price purchase equivalent of 400 credits): https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/NT2fJDGj 

272 credits
    75 credits worth of artefact discount vouchers
    90 credits worth of artefact upgrade credits
    2 Mayan Crowns (unsure of current credit value)
    10 Talisman Caches - 5 eligible to be opened for death. Have not opened any as server went down, but I'll guesstimate at least 300 credits from caches.
    33 Lucky Sips - assume these are the same as the Shop of Wonder elixir of the luck. 5 sips = 1 MC, so round down to 6 MC.
    2 glass display cases - each had figurine in it: Gattan'lier and Agith'maal. No idea what these things are worth. Anything?
    30 racetrack tickets
    Taxidermied Humgii Pack - 66 credits trade in
    2 crates - 2 shrikes - 10 credits trade in
    2 carts - 10 credits trade in

64,035 - ~ 7.5 credits

You store 147 bloodroot leaf
    You store 60 cloth
    You store 181 ginseng root
    You store 40 steel
    You store 138 goldenseal root
    You store 80 rope
    You store 130 sileris
    You store 70 coal
    You store 50 wood
    You store 127 lobelia seed

So, just off of credits + discount vouchers + upgrade credits I made 437 which puts me positive of where I would have been just buying credits (or technically -3 because of Iron Membership bonus). The pack, crates, carts, and gold add on around 93 more credits, I think the caches will get me at least 300 credits' worth, and then the racetrack tickets are whatever.

I'd say I'll come out near double if not more in credit value than if I'd purchased them outright. Pretty decent return overall. If I get lucky on the death pieces it could end up being a great ROI.
  • edited November 2016
    Damnit Halstad.  Stop being RNGGod.  :(  PS: I'll work with you to get stuff solen ;D

(Also.  a sip of lucky is worth 1 cr.  A mayan crown is worth 40-50cr.)

Edit: Srsly tho.  He opened 20 less than me, got a shitton less crates, more mayan crowns, exact same upgrade.. 50 more discount vouchers... and all around moar.

I AM LE MAD. >:(
  • I'll take those figurine cases  :#
  • Frederich you still got more credit value than if you had bought credits with a 50% bonus.

If you don't want the caches I'll buy them all :)

• Wow... it's almost as if it's gambling...
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• I've been toying around with the idea of an Artie pet (the package version). What would you guys suggest: going ham on globes or just buying the credits?
  • Globes. Buying credits with no sale would be a huge waste.

Globes are likely to give more credit value than even buying with a sale though.
  • I sold 50 globes for 1250.

Could have potentially got 1400-1600 value, but gambling and then moving pieces around etc not my style so much.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Totally lookin to buy 50 globes... lemme break the bank on one of ya's

Probably like.  1100-1300 for em.
  • I must say this globe sale is awesome. Selling 5 globes from anywhere from 150-200cr to people beats a credit sale any day of the week. In fact I'm kinda sad I actually opened my first 15 or 20 globes and didn't just cut the bullshit and start selling them then.
  • Concerning minpets. It has been brought up before in several threads of both the lack of interest and sales concering minipets. I believe the admin are currently discussing whether to add a secondary prize with a pet crate. We will have to wait and see.
  • Pet crates are disappointing to me because the only real way to make anything on them is to wait until the promo's been over for a while and then hope a collector missed them or that somebody wants a collared mount and that neither of them has a friend who has a stack of old crates lying around.
  • ^ This ^

Hopefully people who got nothin but tons of crates get reimbursed somehow
  • Could totes throw me a crate or two for free, yaknowwhaImsayin?
  • Made out like a bandit on this sale. Getting another 30 globes next week.
  • I'm looking for a deathcape brocade, in case anyone opens one up!
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a talisman cache!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 90 gold sovereigns, a group of 21 bloodroot leaves, a group of 10 pieces of rope, and an oaken vial!

Uh.... @Makarios ?

• 53 interlocked caches
    --
    As you open an interlocked cache a bright light shines from within.
    You have been awarded with the trap of a Sangrean spyglass talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the runes of a Death Keeper's mask talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the head of a Derillin dummy talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the body of a Sangrean spyglass talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the lens of the Grandmaster's looking glass talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the arms of an Atlania dummy talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the case of the Grandmaster's looking glass talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the targets of an Assassin's dummy talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the head of an Atlantia dummy talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the hair of a Derillin dummy talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the lower fragment of a notched bone talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the blade of an Anima's Thirst talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the chain of a Callibian medallion talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the eye piece of a Sangrean spyglass talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the clothing of a Derillin dummy talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the eye piece of the Grandmaster's looking glass talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the torso of an Assassin's dummy talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the case of the Grandmaster's looking glass talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the torso of a Derillin dummy talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the upper part of a miniature ivory tower talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the eyes of a steel armband talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the eye piece of a Sangrean spyglass talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the eye piece of the Grandmaster's looking glass talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the legs of an Atlantia dummy talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the runes of a Death Keeper's mask talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the script of a Quisalis tombstone talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the lens of the Grandmaster's looking glass talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the bottom fragment of a Callibian medallion talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with some thread from an Ivory pennon talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with a piece of robe for a notched bone talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the bottom fragment of a steel armband talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the chain of a Callibian medallion talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the clasp of a Champion's medallion talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the ribbon of a Champion's medallion talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the clothing of a Champion's Training dummy talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the accent of an ivory armband talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the limbs of a Champion's Training dummy talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the clasp of a Callibian medallion talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the body of an Atlantia dummy talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the top fragment of a steel armband talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the iris of the Grandmaster's looking glass talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the bone of a Death Keeper's mask talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the serpent insignia of a steel armband talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the eyelet of an Atlantia bowstring talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the eyes of a steel armband talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the iris of the Grandmaster's looking glass talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the clasp of a Callibian medallion talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the laquer for a miniature ivory tower talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with a mouthpiece of a Warhorn of Heroes talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with a piece of silk from an Ivory pennon talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the wire of a Death Keeper's mask talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the top of a Quisalis tombstone talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the embroidery of a cloak of the Blood Maiden talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the limbs of an Assassin's dummy talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with a mouthpiece of a Warhorn of Heroes talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the torso of a Champion's Training dummy talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the middle of a Quisalis tombstone talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the robes of an Assassin's dummy talisman piece!
    You have been awarded with the accent of a Champion's medallion talisman piece!
    So much dummy