Depthswalkers: Post your findings.

Comments

• As the wise person above me said.
  • edited November 2016
    Rylez said:
    I understand that you are upset, I don't think you're seeing it clearly. You get a CONSTANT, continual, absolute benefit. They do not. I repeat, they do not. Also, please calm yourself. I've done nothing worthy of you being upset with me.
    I'm not upset with anyone, least of all you. I don't know why you think I need to calm myself.

Edit: Text is very poor at conveying tone. My words aren't snarky. I'm very jovial.
  • Well, all right. But you did say you were upset, so you can see how I would think so?
  • Cool. I agree, text is extremely hard to read tone.

• Rylez said:
    Well, all right. But you did say you were upset, so you can see how I would think so?
    Miffed, irked perhaps. But not at any of you players, or even the staff.  It is the situation that draws my ire, and it's a very moderated ire at that.

If artifacts stack with it I'm entirely happy. That means I get the benefit everyone else does as well as the one I paid for.
  • I think the way it works is that it simply copies their statistics? But don't quote me, despite having played this game on and off for more than a decade I don't claim to understand it in the slightest.
  • No, Devran.  However you can give the person you are using, stat wise, your arties, to artifically boost them.
  • If you care about bashing but not PvP, and only ever bash for 30 minutes or less at a time, and always have access to an allied dragon who will remain in dragonform, and you only ever bash as a depthswalker, then Uraiad makes str/con arties meaningless. I think that's a pretty tiny minority though. And people who buy str/con arties for bashing (in addition to only caring about bashing but never bashing for more than 30 minutes at a time) are an even smaller minority, to the point that I'm not entirely sure that any exist.
  • Frederich said:
    No, Devran.  However you can give the person you are using, stat wise, your arties, to artifically boost them.
    Well that's something at least.
  • If it straight up copies stats, does it only do Strength and Con, or are Int and Dex also changed?

Does Death's cape further stack on top of Dragon boosted stats?
  • Death Cape, Reserves (bracelet) all add onto this.  They give you 50% extra health (cape) and 15% extra health (bracelet).

YOu only copy STR and CON.

Once your STR/CON revert, you are left at your STR/CON with the 65% extra health.
  • doesn't uraiad stack with bracelets and belt? so if you have lv 3 belt... and you copy a dragon with 24 con, you'll have 27 con?
  • edited November 2016
    Aegoth said:
    doesn't uraiad stack with bracelets and belt? so if you have lv 3 belt... and you copy a dragon with 24 con, you'll have 27 con?
    Uraiad completely replaces your str/con with the target's (current, not base; it includes all modifiers). Wearing str/con arties yourself won't make any difference because your str/con is being replaced. If the person you're copying doesn't have str/con arties though (or they have lower level versions than yours) you can give them your arties so you're copying the artied str/con. The same applies to jera and rare minerals (and any other str/con boosts); they won't do any good on you while Uraiad is active, you'll need to give them to the person you're copying.

It only copies con, not health directly, so bracelet and other health boosts depend on your own arties/bonuses.
  • So does strength scale terribly for damage then? Being able to get monster strength makes me think that the scaling would have to be pretty low to stop people running around destroying people with level 3 scythes.

Has anyone tried whacking someone with a level 3 at strength say... four points lower than what they'd normally be at and recorded the difference?
  • Devran said:
    So does strength scale terribly for damage then? Being able to get monster strength makes me think that the scaling would have to be pretty low to stop people running around destroying people with level 3 scythes.

Has anyone tried whacking someone with a level 3 at strength say... four points lower than what they'd normally be at and recorded the difference?
    I tried it. 12 strength I was doing like ~850 damage per reap, 21 strength I was doing somewhere in the 1200 mark... Zulah's culls were doing close to 1900 damage before depression/degeneration damage. Granted cull is a fair bit slower, but still.
  • I can see I'm going to have to do some testing.

Final question: Has anyone tested the ranged lightning attack? I can't remember the name, but it's not the aoe room attack
  • Speaking as a dragon who is likely to be the template for the hunting ability, here's what I've gathered: Mutual alliance necessary, Str / Con copied, lasts for 30 min then an additional 30 min of cooldown, bracelets on me will not affect it but jera / gauntlets / a belt (if I can get them) will. Is there anything else I need to know ?
  • That seems to be the consensus @Korben .
  • edited November 2016
    Devran said:
    I can see I'm going to have to do some testing.

Final question: Has anyone tested the ranged lightning attack? I can't remember the name, but it's not the aoe room attack
    Bahar is what it's called. It's about as good as the Shaman one: decent-ish vs high hp targets, less than anything else vs a low hp one.
  • edited November 2016
    So blindness/deafness/insomnia count towards affs when it comes to how CHRONO PARADOX works... Is this intended, @Makarios?

** Note that paradox will only fire if the target has something else they could be eating, given the nature of the ability.

If they have insomnia and eat kelp for instance, it will fire because you have something else you could be curing (insomnia via eat goldenseal).
  • Uhh, you're misreading the wording. It translates to: if they have herb balance
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Makarios You can't chrono memory while graced. Is this intended? Just curious as to why this is a thing.
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited November 2016
    Aegoth said:
    Uhh, you're misreading the wording. It translates to: if they have herb balance
    Read the log. I had herb bal + no afflictions, and it wasn't doing anything (as it should be), at the start. I'm interpreting it just fine. When I put insomnia/blindness up however, it started doing the mana drain, because they're not kelp-cured "afflictions".
  • Ryzeth said:
    Aegoth said:
    Uhh, you're misreading the wording. It translates to: if they have herb balance
    Read the log. I had herb bal + no afflictions, and it wasn't doing anything (as it should be), at the start. I'm interpreting it just fine. When I put insomnia/blindness up however, it started doing the mana drain, because they're not kelp-cured "afflictions".
    Yea you're right. My mistake
  • Is Kharan useless? As far as I know, DW's don't have a way to force hearing, so in 1v1 you'll never be able to use it.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
    Maybe that's why deafness applies to paradox :P
    Huh. Neat.
  • Omor said:
    Is Kharan useless? As far as I know, DW's don't have a way to force hearing, so in 1v1 you'll never be able to use it.
    Prefarar venom strips deafness (if they have it) before it will give sensitivity, so they definitely have a way to force undeaf...
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Ahmet said:
    @Makarios You can't chrono memory while graced. Is this intended? Just curious as to why this is a thing.
    Consequence of it being an offensive action.
  • Ah, right, totally forgot about venoms. Thanks guys!
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
    Krypton said:
    Ahmet said:
    Consequence of it being an offensive action.
    Except it's not offensive D:
    Huh. Neat.