How did I not know this?

Comments

• So first, hammer is ungodly slow. To my knowledge, badjoke doesn't work on denizens (it didn't used to anyways). Second, I have a L3 blackjack, meaning by the time I use jacks to strip their shield, I have enough battlerage for a second round IF I need it. I usually don't due to my crit rage. Plus, the tradeoff to lethal ink doesn't justify it as a Jester.
  • Plus you don't want to waste rage for the last 1% of mob health either. Carrying rage over to the next mob made a massive difference in how quickly I was clearing areas.

I quit using BR at 10% health. 

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Honestly, I never seem to have any issues with battlerage useage. Though, I like your idea for not using brage once I get to 10% of their health in dragon once this event's over. With the high health of these fog creatures, kind of hard to justify not using dragonbreath for the extra 4% off their health.
  • Yeah obviously not beneficial when we are doing 1% per attack. For these mobs probably 3-5% is where I would stop.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • ZahanZahan Valhalla
    edited November 2016
    Calyn said:
    GLANCE GROUND while flying.

supermetroid_item.mp3
    GTFO!

It used to just be GLANCE D.  When that stopped working, i assumed they removed it altogether.

Goddamn that is awesome.  Thank you.

edit: Super epic - it returns gmcp info for ground level!
    Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Can't do the reverse though, right?
    Huh. Neat.
  • ZahanZahan Valhalla
    Ahmet said:
    I tried a few things like glance upwards/sky(wards)/etc but nothing I tried worked.  Then I thought to check the ab vision, which I'm sure I haven't done in 15 years.  Sure enough, it mentions ground, nothing about sky though...

ab vision glance
    [spoiler]
    Glance (Vision)                               Known: Yes
    Syntax:            GLANCE/GL/QL
                       GLANCE <direction>
                       GLANCE GROUND
                       GLANCE HARBOUR
    Works on/against:  Room
    Cooldown:          0.50 seconds of equilibrium
    Details:
    A simple ability that is inherent that allows you to see the contents of
    your current room.

In addition, you may glance in a direction to see the contents of an
    adjacent room, or glance ground if you are flying or in the trees, or
    glance harbour if you are stood on the quarterdeck of a docked ship. It
    should be noted these latter uses incur a minor equilibrium cost.
    [/spoiler]
    Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • Ahmet said:
    There's FLYERS to see who is flying above, but that's about it. That said I can't see what else you'd need to know from glancing into the skies.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    There's also Skywatch and Groundwatch, respectively. Works kind of like Alertness.

Yeah, but none of that helps with denizens. Oh well.
    Huh. Neat.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    It should, however, help with the Tsol'teth, as they're pretty much players for this event. I've seen that cities have started enemying them.  I wonder if guards will attack them now.

Kresslack said:
    It should, however, help with the Tsol'teth, as they're pretty much players for this event. I've seen that cities have started enemying them.  I wonder if guards will attack them now.
    Indeed they will.
    Huh. Neat.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Except they always get Litany'd into doing nothing. 

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I have no idea how it escaped my attention that you can duanathar(an) from ships.

It's either somewhat new or I've been out of the loop for a looooong time. The more you know!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Today I learned that I have a private office.

I blame Rangor.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

Sarathai said:
    Today I learned that I have a private office.

I blame Rangor.
    I really hate to say I told you so.

Oh wait, no I don't.
    Huh. Neat.
  • @Sarathai throne's mine though.
  • Asmodron said:
    So today I discovered that you can hire crew from any harbor and they will make their way to your ship. Thank god for this....what with meropis being deprived of ship wares and I was basically stuck with a damaged ship.
    WHAT
  • Torinn said:
    Learned about CLIST today to show your clothes, and if you have weapon probe learned it will also show which items of clothing have enchantments and what the enchantment is. Really useful for figuring out which rings need enchants again!
    JLIST also works the same way for all jewellery
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I tend to just do INFO WORN, which shows everything worn any if I need to do any repairs/enchants, personally.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Came across this a little while back, but being on a ship conveys a balance and equilibrium penalty that is negated in full upon attaining trans seafaring.
  • I didn't know you could just AB <thing>, instead of having to do AB <skill> <thing>. This is so great :D (Shadowmancy's a big word :()
  • Anedhel said:
    I didn't know you could just AB <thing>, instead of having to do AB <skill> <thing>. This is so great :D (Shadowmancy's a big word :()
    So are other made up words like 'Phlogistication'... like really... bitch please

• I'm just so glad 'hobgoblinism' isn't a skill. I hate the word 'hobgoblin' so much, I can't even express D: 
  • I've hated Hobgoblin's ever since Baldurs Gate 1. :(

I remember my father giving me the 6 disc bundle of BG1+ToTSC when I was in my early teens. Damn hobgoblins!

"Spare no one!" <-- Who remembers that sound byte from BG1?
  • I *loved* Baldur's Gate.  Recently found my 6-disc burned set.  Wouldn't install. Had to chuck it :(

• Go for the eyes, Boo!!