Depthswalkers: Post your findings.

Comments

• Makarios has already said that the augmentation benefits don't work if you forget the tree, so if they did that's definitely not the intention.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    All daggers, scythes and cloaks are 30 months decay. Disappointing.

Also, am I the only one irked by the inconsistency between apostrophes and quotes in Terminus?

Or by the fact that all the periods are outside the quotes?
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    I'm pretty happy about it. The standard convention bugs me.
    @Borran @Sena
    The Divine voice of Meletus echoes in your head, "Perhaps clarification is required. Mainaad, and the other augmentations, will persist upon the weapons and cloak until they decay, but will not provide their bonus if their research is not unlocked."
    Huh. Neat.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Ahmet said:
    Achaea uses UK grammar.
    Krypton said:
    Ahmet said:
    Achaea uses UK grammar.
    Except for in.. idunno... every single channel, tell, and say message ever.
    Huh. Neat.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    That's still UK grammar. Anything someone says is their direct quote, including ending punctuation, so it goes inside the quotation marks.
    *grumble*

Still, standardise the punctuation!
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    The Divine voice of Meletus echoes in your head, "Perhaps clarification is required. Mainaad, and the other augmentations, will persist upon the weapons and cloak until they decay, but will not provide their bonus if their research is not unlocked."
    To go along with this, if you have more than five shadows in a phylactery thanks to augmenting it with Dalem, you'll keep the shadows when forgetting the research, you just can't add more.
  • Non-factional: check

Shadowmancy: check

Chronomancy: check

Researchermancy: check

Awesomely thematic: check

Huge number of skills with only a pvp focus: ..................... sadly check (it's been 13 years and I haven't given up hope on a pure pve/adventuring class yet!)

I haven't gotten to try out much yet, since everything I ever hunt is currently dead and bashing without mudlet is painful. Haven't played in years so getting by with website client is slow for me.  Plus I don't have the lessons to trans everything.  But the little bit of bashing I've done so far seems okay, even as an 11 str siren it doesn't seem super slow.  Keep in mind I haven't really played since pre-battlerage/mob hp buffing, so I am probably very inefficient with my attacks.

But all in all a very nice class since I can't be occie anymore, I may actually start playing again!

• Andrea said:
    Huge number of skills with only a pvp focus: ..................... sadly check (it's been 13 years and I haven't given up hope on a pure pve/adventuring class yet!)
    Achaea was made as a PVP mud, and you most likely won't ever get a pve/adventuring class without SOME form of combat ability
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

Yea, that one!
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I asked in the other thread, but it seemed to get ignored and is now a load of pages back from the beginning, but is the shieldbreaking rage attack (Nakail) level 4 (where I was initially told it is) or level 3 (where every other classes' shieldbreaking rage attack sits)?

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited November 2016
    Klendathu said:
    I asked in the other thread, but it seemed to get ignored and is now a load of pages back from the beginning, but is the shieldbreaking rage attack (Nakail) level 4 (where I was initially told it is) or level 3 (where every other classes' shieldbreaking rage attack sits)?
    Its lvl 4 I JUST came to forums to ask about this myself. My code is set up to use the lvl 3 battlerage skill for shield break and this threw a major wrench in my battlerage code... @Makarios is this intentional?
    Abilities in Battlerage:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Drain                The shadow grows at the cost of the corporeal
    Lash                 Whips of shadow to scourge your foes.
    Curse                The truest expression of temporal control.
    Nakail               There can be no barrier against your voice.
    Erasure              They shall be undone.
    Boinad               They shall aide you.
    To gain further information on an ability, AB <ability>.

Drain (Battlerage)                            Known: Yes
    Syntax:            SHADOW DRAIN <target>
    Works on/against:  Denizens
    Cooldown:          16.00 seconds
    Resource:          14 rage
    Details:
    Cause a denizen's shadow to begin leeching strength from its host,
    causing periodic damage over time.

Lash (Battlerage)                             Known: Yes
    Syntax:            SHADOW LASH <target>
    Cooldown:          23.00 seconds
    Resource:          36 rage
    Details:
    Command the shadows to lash a denizen, causing damage.

Curse (Battlerage)                            Known: Yes
    Syntax:            CHRONO CURSE <target>
    Cooldown:          35.00 seconds
    Resource:          24 rage
    Details:
    The curse of the Lord of Time is potent indeed. Bring down the Aeon
    affliction onto a denizen, slowing its passage through time.

Nakail (Battlerage)                           Known: Yes
    Syntax:            INTONE NAKAIL <target>
    Resource:          17 rage
    Details:
    With a word, destroy any shield that a denizen may be cowering behind.

Erasure (Battlerage)                          Known: Yes
    Syntax:            CHRONO ERASURE <target>
    Cooldown:          23.00 seconds
    Resource:          25 rage
    Details:
    Your command of time allows you to erase the very concept of a denizen
    from the timestream, inflicting catastrophic damage against their
    person.

Boinad (Battlerage)                           Known: Yes
    Syntax:            INTONE BOINAD <target>
    Cooldown:          38.00 seconds
    Resource:          32 rage
    Details:
    Command a denizen to aide instead of hinder. This word of power shall
    force a denizen to attack other denizens in the room, by conveying the
    charm affliction upon it. This affliction lasts for five seconds.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Zulah said:
    Klendathu said:
    Its lvl 4 I JUST came to forums to ask about this myself. My code is set up to use the lvl 3 battlerage skill for shield break and this threw a major wrench in my battlerage code... @Makarios is this intentional?

Ruh-roh! Mine's all updated :trollface:

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Klendathu said:
    Zulah said:
    Klendathu said:

Because of 12 classes I have a general setup for bashing that uses the skills no matter which class. Just a pain to have 1 class out of every class that has shield break as 4 rather than 3.
  • edited November 2016
    So do you check your brage skills every class change/login?

Seems harder than just hardcoding them in this instance.

Edit: it's like that likely because of how good the shield break with dagger is. The rage isn't needed as early by comparison etc.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Zulah said:
    Klendathu said:
    Zulah said:
    Klendathu said:

Because of 12 classes I have a general setup for bashing that uses the skills no matter which class. Just a pain to have 1 class out of every class that has shield break as 4 rather than 3.
    Same with my basher. Hopefully @Makarios gives an answer.

The battlerage ABs are also missing the structured information about given afflictions and synergies in the header, which are also used by the basher.
  • Dortheron said:
    Achaea was made as a PVP mud, and you most likely won't ever get a pve/adventuring class without SOME form of combat ability
    I agree that every class, ever, is likely to have many if not most of its abilities geared to PvP. That's how the game is structured. I insist, however, that Achaea is a balanced MUD rather than a PvP one. As for the 'why are most abilities combat related' argument, it's simple: the kind of person that bashes or tradeskills all day doesn't particularly care for variety, they can use 'harvest moss' over and over and not get bored, whereas the target public for PvP demands variety.
  • edited November 2016
    Korben said:
    Dortheron said:
    I agree that every class, ever, is likely to have many if not most of its abilities geared to PvP. That's how the game is structured. I insist, however, that Achaea is a balanced MUD rather than a PvP one. As for the 'why are most abilities combat related' argument, it's simple: the kind of person that bashes or tradeskills all day doesn't particularly care for variety, they can use 'harvest moss' over and over and not get bored, whereas the target public for PvP demands variety.
    Achaea was designed to be a PK game. The RP developed after the fact.

Can find posts by Sarapis detailing this.

Not saying RP isn't important, but it's not the basis of the game, and was never intended to be.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    Korben said:
    Dortheron said:

Not saying RP isn't important, but it's not the basis of the game, and was never intended to be.
    RP is not important, ever. Carry on.
  • Atalkez said:

By 'balanced', I mean between Bartle's four player types, RP is not a part of this classification. And while Achaea may have -started- as a PK game, it isn't a purely PK game now. I can find any number of recent and not-so-recent changes to back up my view.
  • That's why we have so many people participating in these (gasp) RP events.
  • Suppose we disagree.

May be an unpopular statement but most people use the game as a glorified chatroom. Most attempts at RP are self serving, special snowflake type stuff. For every Taurus/Amunet the are 20 Sexbot9000

• edited November 2016
    Depthswalker's version of veildeliver looks amazing!

With a near-inaudible hiss, your shadow uncoils from you. A translucent hand rises to take a lightweight, Hashani whip from your grasp, its freezing touch a balm to your suddenly clammy skin. With a deferential bow of the head, your eternal companion departs, seeking out Josoul.
    With a whisper-soft hiss, your shadow reappears, grasping hands empty. Nodding to you, it steps out of sight, and feeling abruptly returns to your numb extremities.

What he sees:

An icy hand clutches at your shoulder. As your heart rate elevates and you turn your head, you come eye to eye with the grim visage of the shadow of Ryzeth. Tilting its head, it drops a lightweight, Hashani whip into your unresisting hands before vanishing with a near-inaudible hiss.

What others see:

The grim visage of the shadow of Ryzeth rises up behind Josoul, a claw-like hand descending to grasp him by the shoulder. As Josoul turns, the spectre drops a lightweight, Hashani whip into his hands before vanishing from sight with a near-inaudible hiss.
  • edited November 2016
    Some combat logs to show off what will soon be nerfed lol
    (19 str with all DW arties)

Very easy to get shadows on 5th hit looped with leach instill.

Dictate kill:
    My view: https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/MdSmqRnC
    His view: https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/L6t6chzZ

Sensitive Mutilate kill:
    My view: https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/ik0eqkwN
    His view: https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/LNizaH5C

• @Zulah is the sensi/mutilate the same thing you were practicing on me yesterday?
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • edited November 2016
    Don't think it will be nerfed, it's not AS bad when you're actively attacking/hindering them. Shadow is very easy to get though, yes, and is gonna be a looming threat when it happens. Its damage could prolly use a little bit of adjustment, though. Depression is bonkers.
  • A lot of kill avenues are pretty powerful when the target is letting you have your way with them.

I'd be more interested to see it when sun card, arctar, and a shield tattoo was used.   Along  with the hinder from lethargy.
  • Omor said:
    @Zulah is the sensi/mutilate the same thing you were practicing on me yesterday?
    Yeah, was refining it.

Ryzeth said:
    Don't think it will be nerfed, it's not AS bad when you're actively attacking/hindering them. Shadow is very easy to get though, yes, and is gonna be a looming threat when it happens. Its damage could prolly use a little bit of adjustment, though. Depression is bonkers.
    I don't think it's bad but people will complain. Vortex through mass will give beckon to cities that didn't have it. Preempt / shadow step being hard to run from. Attune with loop allowing 4 afflictions in a single shot if timed right. Active curing. There will whining when people get better with it. There always is.

I love how it's not a static class. A real jack of all trades class.

• Finkle said:
    A lot of kill avenues are pretty powerful when the target is letting you have your way with them.
    I'd be more interested to see it when sun card, arctar, and a shield tattoo was used.   Along  with the hinder from lethargy.
    QFT. Had some fun fights vs @Krizal; DW vs DW is a real deathball matchup, lawl. It's very hinderable.