How old are you?

edited December 2012 in North of Thera
A quick survey to see the current age demographic in Achaea.
I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)

Comments

• Interesting. The average age of current forum users is in the mid twenties. But the average age for people when they started playing is early to mid teens.
    I won a competition awhile ago to have Chris Bourassa paint a picture of Lodi. My profile pic is the end product. :)
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    Well the faces around here haven't really changed in the past 10 or so years. I just assume you're all Timux alts.

• Lodi said:
    Interesting. The average age of current forum users is in the mid twenties. But the average age for people when they started playing is early to mid teens.
    It could be that a lot of the younger players do not wish to identify themselves as such and are abstaining from answering (due to the public nature of the survey and results).

• edited December 2012
    @Cahin: That could be very true. :)

To all the younger players out there, please don't feel worried about stating how old you are. Most of us (it would seem) started off at your age. Your input into the game is just as valid as us old farts, more so in many ways.  :) If any one judges you for your age, then their just beeing a dick so ignore them. I have so much love and respect for you guys. :)
  • Wait... there's an age limit?
  • edited December 2012
    I'm seventeen, but I've played for around three years on/off now. I genuinely just don't think that there are many Achaeans out there under eighteen years old @Lodi, especially because of the main target audience of Achaea (People strongly interested in truly immersive roleplay and poetry, coding and primarily text-based games: The general target audience in my mind can be strictly limited to the older and more mature players. Suffice to say, we're no WoW community.)  - I can only think of me and one other person that play consistently off the top of my head within this age range.

• edited December 2012
    Well that distinctly shows a massive shift in who this game is pulling in. I'm not sure if this is necessarily a good thing. So many of us long-tooths started when we were very young and we're still here now.

A question to people: What do you think has caused this change?
  • edited December 2012
    @Lodi - Simply put; Compared to when all of you first started playing, Achaea just isn't reeling in new players and keeping them. Almost every new player you see nowadays is just a recycled version of a character that already played achaea. It's incredibly rare for truly new players to stick at it... it's quite sad to see really. I'm still holding out for a new game akin to Achaea personally, as I don't find it anywhere near as fun as I used to and am sorely disappointed that I missed the beginnings of Achaea.

I IDEA'd to open up a public forum as to what the players of Achaea think the admin should do in regards to a new achaea or the long-term direction of our current one but no word back yet. Optimistic I'll hear back at all, but eh, Achaea was too good in the early days to just let the dream die.

//Fanatic letting it all out.
  • I sometimes find it strange seeing people younger than me, but I think it's also cool :3
    I'll probably be shifting over to Starmourn, seeya there!
    discord: aciidwire#5240
    Please check out my new art page!

• Old enough to be your mom.

• I'm as old as my tongue, and a little bit older than my teeth.

• 23, for another couple of months.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Oh, oh, 19 until July!
    I'll probably be shifting over to Starmourn, seeya there!
    discord: aciidwire#5240
    Please check out my new art page!

• I think I've finally hit the age where people stop being incredulous I'm not 3 to 5 years older than I actually am. Hoping so, anyway.

@Lodi Younger players might be more reluctant to share their ages not just because of possible loss of respect IG but because telling every person who reads the forums that you are 15, 16, years old might not be the safest thing. I don't think you even need a character to read the forums, just to post.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Jiraishin said:
    ...telling every person who reads the forums that you are 15, 16, years old might not be the safest thing.
    That's a very good point. I hate the world we live in sometimes. :(
  • Started playing when I was late 24, now 26. So I'm pretty green compared to pretty much the entire player base by the looks of it.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Married iirc

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• Yeah, pretty sure that's right - and he probably just got too busy to stop by the forums.  Big shoes to fill!  

• SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    edited December 2012
    26 years old, 27 next June. In azn years, I think that translates to 20 or younger forever. 

Well, forever, until you're old. :D
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Old..
    old goddamnit
  • NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    26. Will be 27 in July. Oh my god, I am on the precipice of being almost thirty.
  • edited December 2012
    Cahin said:
    It could be that a lot of the younger players do not wish to identify themselves as such and are abstaining from answering (due to the public nature of the survey and results).
    Jiraishin said:
    Younger players might be more reluctant to share their ages not just because of possible loss of respect IG but because telling every person who reads the forums that you are 15, 16, years old might not be the safest thing.
    It could also be that the players on the forums (and thus responding to this poll) are disproportionately long-time players (or just older), so newer/younger players are under-represented. There are too many biases for this to be a real indication of shifting demographics.
  • At least @Favonius is in the old people's category with me.