Battlefield 1

Anyone plan on picking up BF1? I use to play a lot of FPS but was never a fan of this new era of futuristic shooters. I absolutely love older ones though like Medal of Honor and Day of Defeat. With that being said, it is EA behind the wheel so it could be a big pile of poo. Thoughts? Anyone play the other weekend when they had an open beta?

Comments

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    I might get it for PS4

• I might get it for PC.

• I played beta. I miss helicopters, but it seemed interesting. I love bf4 though, so I'm not sure it'll hold up. It seemed like some of the elements which sound good will just go unused, like two seater airplanes which almost require a gunner to be even moderately effective, meaning they'll likely just be underused, like the transport helicopter in bf4.

• It's probably gonna be like Hardline where we forget it exists occasionally and continue to play BF4. 

I still havent played bf4 tbf. My usual squad quit :(

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    i started playing bf4 because of how bad battlefront was. I am keeping an eye on battlefield 1 because it doesn't look bad, but i enjoy having people to play with too. If you guys make a group i would not mind tagging along.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Dunn said:
    It's probably gonna be like Hardline where we forget it exists occasionally and continue to play BF4. 

I still havent played bf4 tbf. My usual squad quit :(
    This is beyond accurate.

• For anyone that got the Early Enlister package, game goes Live tonight at 9pm PST. I will be booting it up to check it out. If anyone wants to play, my OriginID is: TheBigShawnn (2 n's)
  • (objective butter)
  • You can play as a PIGEON.
  • Oh yea bruh!
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    i am sheepdog_mcfry on origin i think. if people are placing on pc

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Who all has it for ps4? I wanna get a squad, or whatever it might be, together and coordinate fights. 

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I was browsing through my usual youtube gaming videos and noticed a clip of this and watched it. It had fighting on horseback.

Temptation is rising. Give me horses and I'm usually going to give it a go. It's what made me disappear into sims 3 for so long. :(
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Get it for PC, omg.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Pretty sure my PC can't run it, alas.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • WWI-era Day of Defeat is the video game I have always wanted (but never got made, until now!) and I'm absolutely going to get it for PS4. 
  • PainePaine Prime Material
    does anyone play battlefield 4 on playstation? battlefield 1 beta was pretty cool but not sure if my roommate is going to buy it or not.

• Bought Battlefield 1 a couple days ago, loving it so far, beautiful game
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Paine said:
    does anyone play battlefield 4 on playstation? battlefield 1 beta was pretty cool but not sure if my roommate is going to buy it or not.
    I have it for ps4. Am actually looking for others who have it. 

• Listen. Get it for PC. Who chooses to play FPS on consoles? PC Master Race!!
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Puxi said:
    Listen. Get it for PC. Who chooses to play FPS on consoles? PC Master Race!!
    Who chooses to only play FPS on PC? You gotta expand your mind, man. #allgameplatformsmatter

• FPS on consoles for me are limited to Halo and Gears of War. Battlefield on anything but PC feels throttled to hell. Give me a huge server any day with ultra graphics. 

• I'm sure there are people who can outfox me with a controller, but keyboard and mouse is just more precise to me.

• @Dunn, lets squad up yo!
  • I actually preloaded titanfall 2 this morning instead... if I don't like it, I'll return it and pick up BF1. I will eventually either way, but looking to try something new right now!

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Anyone playing BF1 on PS4? Been hoping to get a squad together. 

• Super super late to this party, but I play BF1 on PC.  

You can reach me at CBAD_SAVES.  

• Woooo!!! I'll add you when I get home. @Dunn was suppose to get it for PC too, but doubt he got it yet.
  • Been busy with titanfall and Rainbow Six Siege!

• Xbone xbone xbone!