How great are the admin and volunteers?

I just wanted to create a thread where we can express our gratitude to the admin and volunteer team.

I know I've been particularly needy in the last 12 days, and they have responded to every concern I had extremely quickly.

The really cool thing about that is it's not unusual, quick responses to problems/oversights/bugs are the norm here.

We have an amazing admin team.

The really cool thing about that is it's not unusual, we've had a great admin team for years now and it seems he guided, trained, and mentored the current team extremely well.

I don't know how you guys put up with some of the shit or complaining we as players do. So, thank you. It means a lot.

For me to have played this game for more than 16 years now, to still login on a daily basis and still have fun is amazing. No other game has kept my attention for even a quarter of that length (Halo 2/Halo 3 would if you combined them).

I know people in your position can get burnt our or stressed because of things the players do and say, but I hope in the end it's worth it to you guys. Thank you for all your hard work and everything you do!

(p.s. this event is crazy good so far!!)

Comments

• How awesome. I want to buy them all meal. I still owe @Makarios a Starbucks

• About five great
  • I agree. I'm only a couple of weeks old, but I've already seen plenty of examples of the admins (I know there's a volunteer team as well, haven't had the pleasure of dealing directly with them yet, though) being incredibly quick and responsive to concerns or questions. 
  • Daeir said:
    I want to give that like 20000x likes, but yeah. 100% that.

We might actually lose this one.
    We'll get saved by puppet-Slith and whoever is in control of the UW now.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Farrah said:
    Time to start evacuating city denizens...
    You had better save Elode.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Time to move to Annwyn then!
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Yeah, really. Can you imagine those Tsol'teth skipping? We'll be safe!
  • ZahanZahan Valhalla
    "We act as though comfort and luxury are the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about." ~ Albert Einstein

This event has generated a ton of enthusiasm.  The near perfect union of all achaeans that happened initially is a very rare sight.  Even though I can't really help (yet), I'm still curious to see what will happen.

Achaea had events of this caliber in the past but it was when there were a lot more active gods.  For them to be pulling it off now with [seemingly] fewer numbers, and arguably better than past events even, shows a commitment to the realm that is definitely applaudable.  

+1 from a critical old geezer
    Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • I get down on Achaea at times, mainly because I've probably played it too much over the years and stopped enjoying it. BUT, the people that run it have been outstanding in building not only a game but a community. The closeness and personalised attention given to the players shows how much they care and the work put in recently (RP wise and coding) has been impressive. 

I was a little surprised when Tecton was pulled into other projects but can't fault @Makarios and @Nicola one bit, they've done an amazing job and part of the reason I still forum lurk as I want to see what's going on!

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • The admin are awesome.  In my short time I've seen people consistently treated with professionalism and consideration. 

But reading all these comments, as a relatively new character, I just want to reflect tem back to the players who have taken this complicated event in stride.  In Orpry's short life, I've seen you guys tackle the underworld war and now the Tide with such amazing dedication. 

I have hardly helped in either one, and frankly feel exhausted from the times I've tried.  I am logging on my phone more often, because I have gotten hooked to interacting with Achaea people during my commute to work, and it is really daunting to just move around with all this going on, and I feel really guilty about not contributing more.  So while I have conflicted feelings about the event by this point, I do appreciate the feeling of a Universe that is this dynamic and where players feel so committed to making a difference even if it is one grain of sand at a time!

• If you inundate them with caffeine more gets done. *sagenod*

• First and foremost, I want to say thank you for dedication to customer service. When I send in an issue to ask a question, when I send in a bug report, whenever I need to speak to someone about something - I see an answer back within a day or two. As a customer, it's the most important thing to me to feel valued. - Thank you.

Secondly, this is my favorite season. There's nothing like Halloween time. There's nothing like your hair standing on edge, goosebumps all over your entire body, adrenaline rushing through your veins when you're about to face something that is worth being scared about.

...right now at this very second, watching the entire planet rumble and quake...

...watching all of the people scramble and feel the same exact thing I do...fear and excitement...

It's perfect. This is what I wait all year for. This feeling that I'm getting by being apart of this Event. Thank you for making me excited to jump up and log in, and STAY logged in. 

<3