Alter totems in Runelore to be able to heal allies as well as strike enemies

Hi there!

I am not really well-versed in classleads or combat, but I had a thought that would maybe add a new dimension to Runelore: in addition to using totems to attack enemies, allow the practitioner to put beneficial runes on the totem to assist allies along with using the totem to attack enemies. So, a totem tuned to Cyrene and possessing Uruz would start healing people from the practitioner's ally list or the city of Cyrene, along with using the harmful runes on it to attack enemies of Cyrene. I do not know if this is a good idea because I am a 100% non-comm and I don't fight. But, I thought I'd throw it out there to see what you guys think.

Thank you for reading my idea.

Comments

• I think maybe one or the other would work, but healing and damaging seems a bit OP to me. I like the idea as a discussion topic, though.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • ZahanZahan Valhalla
    edited October 2016
    Omor said:
    I think maybe one or the other would work, but healing and damaging seems a bit OP to me. I like the idea as a discussion topic, though.
    Totem slots are limited are though so it could be healing OR damaging, instead of healing AND damaging, if it went by slots.
    Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • edited October 2016
    The problem with this, is that totems are designed as an on-sight weapon. Having auras to them would be... interesting, in a sense, but then you'd be placing even more importance that there already is on implanted totems. Because, otherwise, now you have runewardens who can just prop a totem and effectively bring a portable healing rite with them that lasts 30 months(as opposed to sketching uruz/dagaz/whatever as they go(more costly-ish)).

But again, totems are meant and designed as an on-sight mechanic. So, to keep that theme--and you'd have to keep that theme, more than likely--uruz on a totem would only trigger by someone entering and leaving, and it would either have to have a noticable-but-hard-to-track cooldown with a small heal, or no cooldown and a -very- small heal. All things considered, I'll keep uruz as is. You can put it down and forget it for ~15 minutes and heal yourself and 20 people already.

Again, totems with "auras" sounds neat, but as is, totems are meant to be on-sight weapons, not passive implements. :-3

Edit: Why does every freaking site I use the : and 3 as a cat-face emote not take it as a freaking cat face emote. Even skype turns it into a damnable cat licking its pawn. It's a cat grin, it's not a wide-grin, it's a cat grin. Anime cat grin! Come on internets, get it right! :P Oh, right, edit was to change a "stupidly not a cat-grin" into something a little more "cat" grin... by adding a - to the : and 3
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • edited October 2016
    It could be worse.