Nexus Upgraded!

(For those of you who have not caught up with Announce news in game: today we're moving to Nexus version 2.8!

New Features
------------

- We've added a new client skin called 'Minimal'. You can switch to it in the settings window, in the first (Display) tab!

- You now disable/enable reflexes with the checkbox above the reflex itself.

- The checkboxes in the reflex list are now used to create packages. To create a package, check off the settings you want and then click 'Create Package'. This file is saved as a .nxs file and can imported into other characters settings. You can read more about packages here: http://nexus.ironrealms.com/Reflex_Packages

- You can also add settings to an existing package by following the directions above and click 'Add to Package' instead of Export.

- Inventory and room content list display has been improved.

- A new simplified scripting option to send desktop notifications to your computer has been added.

- A new simplified scripting option to trigger sound files is in there.

- A new simplified scripting option to trigger clickable links now exists.

- If you lose connection or logout the text in the main output window is retained when re-logging in with the same character, unless you refresh your browser in the meantime.

- You can now scroll your main output window with Shift + Up/Down.

- We have improved the Pageup/Pagedown functionality.

- F-keys can be turned off in settings.

- For games with wilderness maps, the font size will now match the main output window, which you set in the Settings window in the Display tab.

- If your connection fails, you'll now get a pop-up to indicate that.

- We improved the reflexes settings page element heights to work with a wider range of monitor display settings.

- We have added send_GMCP to the API.

- Multiple interface changes in order to improve display at all resolutions.

- You can now turn off the music entirely in the Settings while still retaining any other sound effects.

Nexus Bug Fixes
---------------

- Fixed a problem with HTML tags being interpreted in the reflexes list.

- Fixed a timing issue with the calling of functions.

- Logging will now include gagged lines, and will not log communication twice.

As always, if you encounter any problems file a BUG or report via the FEEDBACK tab in  your client settings.

Comments

• edited September 2016
    Sweet! More options for logging in is awesome, in my opinion... and improvement is always awesome too. :-D
  • Go to sleep.

Wake up to new Nexus.

This is a good day. Thanks @Nicola for the effort put into this.  I've been using nexus simply due to it being what I started on and #MyAesthetic.
  • @Frederich I'll pass your words onto the Nexus development team! (While they fix mine.)
  • KasyaKasya Tennessee
    To go off what Mishack said, I appreciate Nexus because I refuse to ever use anything other than a Chromebook again.

And Nexus is super pretty.
  • I tried to get my girlfriend to play on nexus... But she insists on reading EVERYTHING. she's like how do you keep up!!!

Also tried to get chambourd back

• HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    Love Nexus myself, it suits my speed and involvement with Achaea these days :D

However, I lost all my settings and reflexes after the most recent update; I have used ISSUE ME to address the problem but I've not heard anything back yet (10/25).

I do not know how wide-spread this problem is, but I know of three other people for whom this issue also occurred (losing their settings/reflexes in Nexus).

Any tips or pointers @Nicola, @Makarios, and friends?

Thanks

• @Hyperlith You'll be best off using the feedback function in the Nexus client itself, the dev team monitors this closely as Makarios and I have little to do with the actual development and functions of the client.
  • Anyone else finding that the music/sound doesn't work?

• Van said:
    Anyone else finding that the music/sound doesn't work?
    Yup. I didn't realize there was sound at all. 
  • me either. it is broke somehow.

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
  • ZahanZahan Valhalla
    Even if I manually adjust the volume with a script, which seems to unmute the icon at least, it's still not playing.  I might get bored someday and look for the audio files (which i suspect may be missing or removed), or peek through the functions for some kind of special muting call that is overriding the volume somehow.  Hopefully before that, though, @tecton fills us in.
    Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • ZahanZahan Valhalla
    edited March 2017
    Oh wow this is awesome.  So that script actually did work, i just had to open in a new tab.  My music is finally playing!

Just slap:

set_volume(100);

Into your onLoad function.

@Valaria, @Kronimyr, @Van

@tecton I'm not sure why.  Might be the var volume = false on line 154 in the sounds.js but I honestly didn't look real hard since my dirty override seems to be working.
    Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
  • So, I was able to activate MSP in mushclient, but I would need the actual sound files to make it work. Is there a way to get these sound files for use with MUSH?