Breaking Credit Market

12345679»

Comments

• edited September 2016
    I still hit yellow, even red endurance sometimes. The new level has helped with that, so I suppose at 103 or 104 it stops being so much of an issue.
  • Borran said:
    I miss endurance and willpower limiting bashing. Back when you depleted your endurance and searched for a Grove rain, or campfire. People spent tons of credits on their regeneration rooms to hope to increase their uptime to downtime ratio.

I don't, mainly because this affected newbies the most. Someone level 25-30 would bash for maybe 10-20 minutes (missing most of the time if they were a weapon class) and then would have to sleep/meditate. Or both if you were the old-style Bard. 

Endurance/willpower draining fast put such a limiter on newcomers to the game it just wasn't fun to partake in, arguably, the LARGEST section of the game outside of PK (which most couldn't do cause no server-side and limited systems).
  • You're not telling me nothin'! I was a Monk.  Learning Tekura took forever because of the endurance strain and I'd clear one area pretty quick and then sleep for three days in a Grove rain.  That's how I ended up meeting my IG wife and what brought me into Eleusis. 

Without the RP, I wouldn't have stayed in Achaea this long. 

• Having read this entire thread, I feel like I recognize some issues from other IRE muds; there is a clique of top tier characters that generate, by comparison, absurd amounts of gold. In the long term, they acquire a great amount of credits from the market, causing prices to rise or even outright buying all available credits. As a result, gold drops are reduced, meaning that less gold is circulating. In one other IRE game, this effectively removed bashing as a way to improve skills or gain artifacts for all but the most dedicated bashers.

Meanwhile, there is no other meaningful way for people to spend their gold. The more ways that exist for people to use their gold (whether small repeatable investments or large one-time purchases), the more gold will be removed from the economy. There's been lots of talk about credit supply and demand, even some about the gold supply, but very little about gold demand, and I can't help but to think a part of the solution lies there.
  • edited October 2016
    Having read this entire thread, I feel like I recognize some issues from other IRE muds; there is a clique of top tier characters that generate, by comparison, absurd amounts of gold. In the long term, they acquire a great amount of credits from the market, causing prices to rise or even outright buying all available credits. As a result, gold drops are reduced, meaning that less gold is circulating. In one other IRE game, this effectively removed bashing as a way to improve skills or gain artifacts for all but the most dedicated bashers.

Meanwhile, there is no other meaningful way for people to spend their gold. The more ways that exist for people to use their gold (whether small repeatable investments or large one-time purchases), the more gold will be removed from the economy. There's been lots of talk about credit supply and demand, even some about the gold supply, but very little about gold demand, and I can't help but to think a part of the solution lies there.
    That's not so much an issue here in Achaea. Gold's really restricted now in terms of gathering (it caps at 160k a month, after that the drops are so low it's not worth if for gold, better of sea monster hunting). I can hit the gold cap in two, three hours being lazy. Most of my hunting these days isn't even for gold, because the credit market is so gross, it's essence so @Artemis can be back on top of @Neraeos for essence. Only things I justifiably use gold for is inks for tattoos and runes. Other than that, I usually toss most of it to novices who need a little push (or scrubs like @Datrius).
  • Patroklos said:
    stuff
    (or scrubs like @Datrius).
    Don't support his bad habits!