Forced Namechange, and other RP questions

Hi. I'm kind of upset. I started building RP connections as Malaysia, but all of a sudden my account was put in stasis. I had to change my name, which was very upsetting, especially since I was making new friends and most likely they won't recognize me. I don't see the problem with Malaysia, would a variant spelling work? I changed it because I was hunting with someone and didn't want to keep them waiting, but I did send an issue. Is it common to have an account put in status like that, and is there a way to make sure this doesn't happen to my next character. In other topics, how do I develop my character's storyline?  In a sense, I've been playing myself, and I want Ella to be someone unique.

Comments

• Malaysia is the name of a real-world country so that's probably why you were required to change your name; it'd be like if someone named their character "America" or "Germany." HELP NAMES is a good resource to use for what names are okay or not.
  • There's more than just that name, which can be used as a real name. Dakhota, Montana, India - to name a few right off the top of my head.

Let's not forget all the stupid names that have been let passed, for weeks before the person just stopped playing anyway.

• Cynlael said:
    There's more than just that name, which can be used as a real name. Dakhota, Montana, India - to name a few right off the top of my head.

Let's not forget all the stupid names that have been let passed, for weeks before the person just stopped playing anyway.
    Don't forget American McGee, too. But still, since the name's based off real-world locations, it doesn't seem like it'd fly.
  • edited October 2016
    Personally, I don't get excluding names like that... Dakhota is an -actual- name, not just the name of a place in the States. As are the other two. Moreso kinda weird if you're gonna use "it's a real world location" - sure it is, but it's not farfetched to say those names could've been come up with in an RP setting... Compared to this one for instance. Or this one that's quite obviously a troll, compared to OP's name.