Happy [insert whatever doesn't offend you here]!!!

Happy holidays to some, school breaks to others, Logosmas to hardcore Achaeans (all of us, right?), and normal daily lives to the rest!

For those on break from school/celebrating vacation: What will you be up to? Anyone playing any cool video games on the downtime? Books? Traveling? Are you happy with how 2012 has went?

For those celebrating holidays: What holiday[s] do you all celebrate? What kind of food do you make (this is super important)? Fun activities/traditions?

After the holidays (and for those who celebrate), I expect this thread to turn into the "show off your cool presents" thread.

I love the Achaean community, and I wish you all the best!!!

Comments

• Hannukah is over but latkes were tasty.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Latkes are always tasty. Think I will make them for Christmas. Also, eggnog.

Tomorrow, driving 14 hours (if I'm lucky and don't have to deal with too much snow and traffic) to my parents' house. Fortunately, I get along with my family, and they live somewhere where it doesn't get dark at 4pm, so should be a good couple weeks.
  • Eww, eggnog.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    happy birthday everyone.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Didn't we do this last year? Is this a thing? This is a thing we're doing now? Damn it Dethea!
  • happy [holiday of choice] to all!  Nothing super fun here, just going to different dinners for the majority of next week...woo for not having to cook >.>  

still making cookies and buying/wrapping gifts. tonight is down time....been so busy!

i might be making a trip up to Greenwich to see my cousins at the end of next week, but nothing is finalised yet. 

• Happy Festivus, kids.

• Question: what's eggnog? Really, what -is- it?

Happy holidays/vacation time/OOH SNOW days guys!

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • EldEld
    edited December 2012
    @Erasariel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eggnog
    The recipe I generally use is the cooked version of this. Usually with a little extra bourbon, or the bourbon replaced with dark rum if I'm making it for my sister.
  • Merry Christmas!

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Merry Christmas. If you're offended, Happy Hannakuh(spellcheckplease), if that offends you, Happy Kwanzaa! If that one does as well, Happy holidays.

I've already got some presents, got new "jdm" corner lights for my rex, tools, and all the mersh'd perturrders I could eat!!!!
  • edited December 2012
    Oh my god.

I can't believe someone had the nerve to bring up   [insert whatever doesn't offend you here]

It has a deep significance to my people and I am frankly just terribly hurt that you are wishing me well with only good intentions.

I will see you in court.

(Also, I told all my friends they had already given me the gift of friendship but they got me awesome stuff anyway. <3 )
  • Happy Kwanzaa to all!

• Somebody please add a Santa hat to my avatar, thx.

• Much love.

• Those who aren't properly Santa-fied are scrooges. Non-denominational secular winter fact.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Well hell then.

Someone Santa-fy me, please? I think my laptop would rather eat itself then actually work correctly.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Someone should add a Santa hat to my avatar too.
  • I can has too pweese?
  • edited December 2012
    Here ya go, @Dethea.

Edit: Better one.

• WHERE IS YOUR NON-DENOMINATIONAL SECULAR WINTER CHEER, PEOPLE. X(

• What exactly is Kwanzaa? I have only heard it mentioned here & on glee.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• @Katzchen: That's a funny way of saying "please put Black Rock Shooter in a cheerful Santa hat."

Also,

• No way am I using a santa hat avatar.

• KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited December 2012
    Also I can't understand what that video is saying?? The combination of the accents and the rap...