Capture the Flag! 09/24/16

124»

Comments

• Skarash said:
    Reiloch said:
    Skarash said:
    Such a disappointment to me to see Ashtan score 60 points in a ctf. Gone are the days when Ashtan could field a ctf force designed to take on at least two cities at the same time.
    Meh. We'll have a stronger showing next time. This CTF blindsided us pretty hard 'cause we didn't start preparing for it until less than a day before, and none of our seasoned combatants aside from @Jinsun were able to make it. I mean, I was out there, so we were obviously scraping the bottom of the barrel. Hopefully the next one will be after serenade so that there'll be more of us around
    ctf was announced at the beginning of the month - shouldn't have blind-sided anybody
    Ut Florida announced at beginning of year... Conspiracy v ashtan??? Probably

• Sarathai said:
    Dalinor said:
    Mishgul said:

edit: and i wonder how many programmers want to work on fixing legacy code re: what makarios said.
    A few brave souls, surely. Or at least one. Er.
    Is it true that you burn it out with napalm?
    It's true. Sometimes Deucalion lets us borrow the really GOOD fire. If it gets on any mortals, all the better!
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Dalinor said:
    Sarathai said:
    Dalinor said:
    Mishgul said:

edit: and i wonder how many programmers want to work on fixing legacy code re: what makarios said.
    A few brave souls, surely. Or at least one. Er.
    Is it true that you burn it out with napalm?
    It's true. Sometimes Deucalion lets us borrow the really GOOD fire. If it gets on any mortals, all the better!
    Dalinor went from sweet and kind to BURN THE MORTALS. I see someone is growing well. :D
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • http://breakingdefense.com/2015/11/centaur-army-bob-work-robotics-the-third-offset-strategy/

adding flames to the fire - centaur warfighting - Achaea replicating the bleeding edge of combat.  Thought some of you pkers would find this article interesting. Basically it talks about how combat systems are being used to parse and organize data but the human controller makes the decisions.  As I was reading the article I was struck by the similarities to how pk systems work here - well it's central to this discussion at any rate - that is to say full automation vs man/machine interface (hence centaur) the tl/dr version is that the military strongly favours "centaur warfighting" ( a term coined by gary kasparov of all people (yes that kasparov)).